The most loathed startfighter ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mine was an abreviated version of "What the hell?", in reference to the "Planet of the Epees" thing. And, again; What the hell?

Erm, it's a joke with the "Planet of the Apes" movies. Apes => Epees, because there are lots of Epees in those missions. Hence, Planet of the Epees, even though there's no actual planet.

I hate the Hellcat. Too slow for me, horrible handling...maybe I just need a joystick. I hate playing with keyboard.

Playing with the keyboard really limits your control of the ship. I found the games to be both easier and more fun after acquiring a joystick. It's a lot more intuitive and feels more natural.

Ed, I was aware of the joke concerning Planet of the Apes. It just wasn't that great.

Thank you for playing. Please try again.

So when are you going to press that same reset button, overmortal?

quick question. what do I do if I want to exit the WCIII..the whole game. Go back to windows. What do I press?

Sabre: the "reset" button on the front of the computer usually works, although if im in a hurry alt-x is a better choice. :)

Ijuin said:
The trick to winning against the Gettysburg pilots is to exploit the long range of your particle cannons and shoot down one fighter out of the first wave at each nav point before they break andattack--this leaves you to fight the survivor one-on-one instead of having his wingman shooting you while you fight.
Or you could just dodge your arse off, and fly right into the thick of it. Yes, it can be done :)

It helps to give your wingmen specific targets rather than merely tell them to break formation. It also really helps to be playing the game with sound, and change your movement vector every time you hear a particle cannon go off. Don't stay locked on any one target, don't chase when they get out of range - turn around and fire on the guy chasing you. Lots of fun :)

Fighting epees isn't that difficult unless you have more than one wingman. That's my only complaint, really, about wc2. Your wimgmen will shoot you, and each other, to hit a target. Or, once, my wingman stuffed a torpedo up my pipes because I was between him and a Fralthra.

overmortal said:
Fighting epees isn't that difficult unless you have more than one wingman. That's my only complaint, really, about wc2. Your wimgmen will shoot you, and each other, to hit a target. Or, once, my wingman stuffed a torpedo up my pipes because I was between him and a Fralthra.

Owned.

I DO like the idea of playing in a Dralthi. How about maybe a mod allowing for all fighters and new cockpits for them?

Well the fighter I hate the most are the ones without afterburner! I don't like slow fighters!

On the other hand I didn't like the Scimitar very much...

So I would suggest the following fighters:

* Crossbow (too slow)
* Broadsword (better but still too slow - but good turrets and quite good shields)
* Scimitar
* Epee (bad guns with short range)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back