The most loathed startfighter ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
A lot worse than it actually was :p

I know, i got crappy quotes, besides my crappy english.

"Na vida tudo é passageiro, menos o cobrador e o motorista." - Can't translate it into english and let it still fun.

The Epee has to be the worst fighter ever designed. I swear, that deathtrap's armor had to be made out of paper-mache because if you so much as spit on it, it fell apart. I have had more cursing fits flying with spirit in wc2, and that damn mission in so1 right before you go to the gettysburgh. As far as other ships, I really didn't like the rapier in wc1. I'd rather fly a hornet or a raptor. LOL am I the only one who toasted all those jalthi, dralthi and those 3 fralthi cruisers in sm2 with iceman? The hornet is still my favorite ship. Fast, maneuverable, quick shield regen, and a fast and almost unlimited firing rate. And I agree, the Crossbow in so1 was terrible for visibility. In so2 i liked the mornigstar, just for the mace missle. lol there's nothing like toasting 7 ships at once. + I've always liked maniac anyways. Hell, I would lose on purpose in wc1 just so i could fly with maniac in brimstone. In wc3, I hated, and I mean absolutely HATED the Longbow. The thing was a turd with thrusters. Sure, it was good for torping cap-ships, and it had a lot of missles, but it wasn't any fun, I like guns over missles any time I have a choice. My favorite fighter in wc3 would probably have to be the arrow. Loads of fun to fly, autoslide for cap-ships, really fast and maneuverable, I had the most fun flying this ship. In wc3.5, oops i mean wc4 , I loved the banshee, those 4 lasers pack a punch, especially since they never lose the capacitor charge, and the stormfire was just the thing for punching through heavier fighter's shields. I hated the Vindicator, unmaneuverable, underpowered, too lightly armored, just a bad ship all in all. In wcp i liked the vampire the best, simply because it was the best dogfighter I had ever flown. For cannon purists, the vampire, imho, is probably the best fighter ever made. As far as ships I hated, I loathed the shrike. Too slow, and underpowered, and is it just me? or does anyone else have a hard time getting their full gun salvo to actually hit a target? It's always like half, or 1/3 of the salvo. The guns are spaced too far apart, much like the sabre in wc2. in wcpso I liked the panther because of the cloudburst cannon, very fun to dogfight with. neways, just my $.02 worth. Sorry bout the novel I wrote! :)

By the way, there's a convenient little key on your keyboard labeled "enter". It's really useful for this thing we call "starting a new paragraph".

And, we've *all* toasted the ships in that mission in SM1. It's just generally difficult to keep Iceman alive in the process.

sm1... that was probably the most difficult "first mission" on any WC game.
And, hell, I felt breathless will reading Revenant's post... Hey, you can borrow a few "periods" and "paragraphs" from me.

The Dev seems really HUGE. it's like flying a 737 with a big bertha under it. And it has a shitload of turrets. what a lovelly ship.

Delance said:
What is a cannon purist, and whay would he like the Vampire? The Devastator is the one with the Plasma cannon! :D

And both of those pale to the Dragon or T-bolt.

Damn, I really wanna play these games again... Flying the Thud was really fun, LeHah. But I think the Devastator would make it go boom eventually.

LeHah said:
And both of those pale to the Dragon or T-bolt.

I'd take the Vampire's maneuverability over the T-Bolt easily, and the better missile and gun loadouts over the Dragon's two plasma and tachyons... which the Vampire easily doubles in the tachyon department, and has a longer-range particle cannon to complement the tachyons. Or, in SO, the Pulse Particles. :D

Has anyone ever modded WC4? It would be interesting IMO to see what the newer ships are like using the old engines (Vamp manuverability w/ Tachs at the old insane-salvo speed, perhaps put the Dev in with its ****load of torpedos and the BFG slung underneath that'll splatter anything short of a frigate?)

The Vampire rocks. If it had a small anti-capship gun (like the Devil Ray) it would be the ultimate all-purpose fighter. But the limited amount of torpedoes it can carry makes the Devastator a necessary ally on any major engagement.

Hey, that's a good thing, gameplay-wise.

The Devastator is only for those with good timing and good aim. I love connecting that plasma cannon on a moray. Mmmmm . . . especially if it's been a particularly pesky moray. Icing on the cake, man.

Yeah, it's cool to fire the BALL OF DOOM against the bugs. Doesn't it resembles bowling? The morays even look like bowling pins!

Well, sorry bout the punctuation. I'll try to proofread everything I write from now on to make sure it would get an "A" from my english professor...

Anyways, I kinda figured that everyone had beat that mission. I was just giving an example of how much fun it is to fly the Hornet.

And a cannon purist is a player who only uses his cannons, and only torpedoes when he has to. (like in wc2 and wcp when phase shields make it impossible to destroy cap-ships with guns)

And given pilots of equal skill, IMHO, the vampire will spank a Thunderbolt or Dragon everytime. The Thunderbolt was lots of fun to fly, but not quite as nimble as I like. And the Dragon was just too uber-powerful to be any fun. Again, just my $.02, not trying to step on any toes...

Revenant said:
I have had more cursing fits flying with spirit in wc2, and that damn mission in so1 right before you go to the gettysburgh.

The trick to winning against the Gettysburg pilots is to exploit the long range of your particle cannons and shoot down one fighter out of the first wave at each nav point before they break andattack--this leaves you to fight the survivor one-on-one instead of having his wingman shooting you while you fight.

Or let 'em have it with one of your missiles. I've noticed that a hostile Epee will fall to one solid missile impact. Then, all you have to do is outfly one mutineer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back