The Hobbes Connection

God, I'm ready to fry Maniac's ass after he spouts that trash for the millionth time. Would he just shut up? And it's not like he listens when I tell him to keep his trap shut.

------------------
If I'm locked on, there's no such thing as evasive action!

Hmm. I just finished WC4 again (started at 1900, finished at 0430... kinda odd to finish it all in one sitting
biggrin.gif
). Having done so, I've decided that Maniac really isn't that bad. I mean, you get used to his comms very quickly - but Primate's "maybe I'll just negotiate with them today" gets annoying very, very quickly. Needless to say, Primate was grounded for most of the game this time
smile.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Dralthi5 said:
God, I'm ready to fry Maniac's ass after he spouts that trash for the millionth time. Would he just shut up? And it's not like he listens when I tell him to keep his trap shut.

Just send him a 'Break and Attack' message and watch him get fried. Stay away from the fight for as lon as you can.
biggrin.gif

I think I hear my mom calling!

You kidding? Maniac never dies. Well, 'cept for that time in WC1. It was nice to see him get fried on his first time out.
wink.gif

Quarto, I've played WC4 in one sitting a couple times, as a matter of fact. I think atrophy sets in sooner or later.

------------------

Most of the comms were annoying. The worst has to be Maestro in Prophecy. As far as good wingman, I almost never flew with one of the main characters. I liked Primate, Yeager, and one other one, whose name I can't recall. Turbo, perhaps? Vagabond was pretty good. Maniac bolted too quick from the fight for my tastes, plus he rarely followed orders. He seemed to get better as the game progressed though. BTW, who do you guys side with in the Dekker vs Maniac scene? I always chose Maniac, thought it was Blair's burden to keep him out of trouble. I did chose Dekker once to see what would happen.

I side with Maniac too but I never fly with him unless I have to. I really liked Moose as a wingman, too bad he didn't make it
frown.gif

Hmmm, Maniac-dekker, depends if I'm in the mood for a laugh or not.

------------------
The time is near.
There are still quite a few days remaining.

I don't care for fame, power or money...
I just want to FIGHT!
-Sanosuke Sagara

Dekker, always. Who nees Maniac's help, but Dekker always takes longer capturing the space station if you choose to stop the fight.

'Sides, it's always nice to see Maniac get beat up.
smile.gif

------------------

Dralthi5 said:
Dekker, always. Who nees Maniac's help, but Dekker always takes longer capturing the space station if you choose to stop the fight.

That was a great feature of WCIV, btw. Your actions outside of the cockpit had influence on events around you. I know it did that in WCIII as well, but I found it more realistic in WCIV. I still think the pilots needed to stick together, but someone never gave Maniac the talking to he needed. I thought by the end of WCIV he was getting better, but they made him an asshole again in Prophecy.

Tom Wilson (Maniac) is one of the funniest actors I've ever seen.

------------------
Put that in your pipe and smoke it!

[This message has been edited by WildWeasel (edited October 20, 2000).]

Dekker. All concerns about marines taking longer aside, I felt that Maniac really deserved that one. He'd been spreading dissent amongst the crew, and he had to be stopped.

Shane: I especially liked in WC3 where if you chose to get soused, you flew like crap.

WW: Tom Wilson's not that great.

------------------

Damn all you Maniac haters! The disciples of the Maniac shall get you all!
mgwhore.gif
smile.gif

------------------
The time is near.
There are still quite a few days remaining.

I don't care for fame, power or money...
I just want to FIGHT!
-Sanosuke Sagara

I don't hate Maniac. It's just that Tom Wilson's portrayl (sp?) of him is annoying at times.

------------------

Well, since I guess Maniac's supposed to be annoying at times, perhaps he did do him perfectly
smile.gif

------------------

No Regret said:
Damn all you Maniac haters! The disciples of the Maniac shall get you all!
mgwhore.gif
smile.gif

I do like the guy! He's still my favorite wingman in WC3. Like I said in another post, he's your capship killer.
Set him loose and watch the fireworks. He'll kick butts, but never drift between him and his prey or you're kitty litter!
lol.gif

[This message has been edited by JoeyRP (edited July 09, 2000).]

Why would you want to "sit back and watch the fireworks?" I absolutely hate it when my wingman takes out an enemy cap ship. Hey, I'm out for glory, I want that cap ship for myself! Call me selfish if you will.
smile.gif

------------------

O.k, I will. Selfish!
smile.gif

------------------
Sometimes you`re the windshield
Sometimes you`re the BUG...

Back