• Pulse Ion Gun

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stormfire Cannon

Votes: 12 20.7%
  • Other

Votes: 12 20.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Well, WC weapons dont NEED to follow logic. The laser moves quite slowly for the fact it should move at lightspeed.

Anyways, my vote goes to the Dust Cannon. *shoots 100 times, 200 times... corvette dead*'

I like the Leech guns because the damage they do doesn't "heal" the way that shield damage does when you use normal weapons. Using the Leech guns is the only real way to kill a Dragon in without missiles if you are flying a Banshee--even if the enemy Dragon doesn't cloak on you, you can't afford to stay put long enough to pump your lasers into it.

The Dragon's Fission Cannon.
Blast an enemy fighter with one salvo. What else can you ask for?

I'd say is like a little brother to the Fission cannon
Besides, the fighter which is carring the Fission looks much better to ;-)

Lazy Panda said:
Well, WC weapons dont NEED to follow logic.
What!? Wing Commander not following logic!!??? I'm sure Stephen Hawking himself would have trouble poking holes in the scientific logic of the WC series! :p ;) Why, I outta smack you with a Fission Cannon! (just playin')

Hugely depends on the time area and game engine. I prefer guns like the Viper, Dust and Mass Driver.

Mjr. Whoopass said:
What!? Wing Commander not following logic!!??? I'm sure Stephen Hawking himself would have trouble poking holes in the scientific logic of the WC series! :p ;) Why, I outta smack you with a Fission Cannon! (just playin')

I think Wing Commander itself to be pretty logical, but the weapon seem to have their name only for marketing.

Tachyons accelerate (p goes up) if they lose energy (E goes down). Furthermore, a zero-energy tachyon is "transcendent," or infinitely fast. This has profound consequences. For example, let's say that there were electrically charged tachyons. Since they would move faster than the speed of light in the vacuum, they should produce Cherenkov radiation. This would lower their energy, causing them to accelerate more! In other words, charged tachyons would probably lead to a runaway reaction releasing an arbitrarily large amount of energy. Heuristically, the problem is that we can get spontaneous creation of tachyon-antitachyon pairs, then do a runaway reaction, making the vacuum unstable.
You can learn more about Tachyons on this site: http://math.ucr.edu/home/baez/physi...r/tachyons.html

You're exactly the reason they added a "Sonic Accelerator Gun" to Wing Commander Armada.

I loved the Stormfire myself, nothing quite beats the feeling of filling thy sky with leed, or at least the WC equvialent of leed. :p

As Cff had mentioned earlier, there is a bit of a difference from game to game... I voted for the Photon Cannon, as it was a great heavy gun in Wing Commander Armada. In wc3 it was signifigantly less impressive. I found the same thing with the reaper cannon.

Bandit LOAF said:
You're exactly the reason they added a "Sonic Accelerator Gun" to Wing Commander Armada.
Hmm.. didn't know about that gun! Is it too late to change my vote? :D

Back