The Good Ole Days when this site meant something . . .

Wow, you've got to be a *real* sweetheart to get Quarto and I to see eye to eye on something...
wink2.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
I just have to say that it is truly a shame that Scorpion removed that section of IRC log from his post. It not only completely revealed his true nature, it was pretty damn funny too.

Gotcha covered, babe!

Here's the <A HREF="https://www.wcnews.com/loaf/fun.txt">entire hilarious log</A>! It's a mountain of FUN! Come for the friendly advice... stay for the awful, awful humor! And if you don't want to shoot yourself by the time you get to the ASCII joke... well, there's something wrong with you.

Note to self, you're an idiot. HTML doesn't work. https://www.wcnews.com/loaf/fun.txt .

[This message has been edited by Bandit LOAF (edited October 16, 2000).]

Ok, the UBB CODE tag doesn't act like a <pre> tag...we all learn our lessons....

Of course, at this point, my post is woefully behind the times, as I did not see this thread until today. However, I feel the need to speak anyway. I can say that I understand what Icy was saying about things not having the same feel that they used to, but I don't see how it is the CIC's fault. There is simply the lack of fervent excitement that existed at probably the height of the WC Chat Zone and we had WC4 and P2 as a recent realeases, with a promised _MULTIPLAYER_ WC5, that some of us had created a huge wishlist about for Origin, and there were teasings of a Privateer 3.
But, at the same time, as Icy himself pointed out, things were starting to spiral out of control, and a lot of people were really screaming at each other. Icy also points out that there aren't that many familiar names: true, but I think many of them may have departed due to WC's stagnation, but some may have left due to the gowingly chaotic and abusive situation that once existed.
Like Icy, I suppose I feel a bit left-out/behind in the post-WC movie era. But, once again, I don't see how this is the CIC's fault. I think LOAF and crew have done a great job with this place; it is certainly light years better than the old WC Chat Zone on ea.com/origin that preceded it.
Also, yes, the "something vs. something" threads were fun
smile.gif
And I too miss the old constructive "wishlist" threads, but c'est la vie.
And as for this whole war-of-the-Blacklance clubs...thankfully I am blissfully ignorant of the whole situation.

Okay, the most of this thread goes right past me since I only started coming here regularly about July this year. But I'm just wondering, how many of you guys are under 18? Some, but surely not 90%

I liked my ASCII joke
frown.gif
I also liked Scorpion's little insult hidden in his message below.

TC

------------------
CAG of the Blacklance HQ
"Canadian and proud of it"-TC
You are in no way entitled to any WC games, if you don't have them its your own damn fault.

Well, Wedge, I'm under 18. A couple other of us are. I don't see how that's a bad thing, though. Scorpion said it as if it was something bad.

------------------
If I'm locked on, there's no such thing as evasive action!

I don't know TC, CIC SUCKS ASS isn't exactly original.

I do like the fact that Scorpion seems to think that OSI stped making WC games because of some stupid war between himself and whomever, that could have been ended a long time ago if not for his stupid ego.

Hey, lego your ego Scorp.

[This message has been edited by Earthworm (edited October 16, 2000).]

LOAF:
Wow, you've got to be a *real* sweetheart to get Quarto and I to see eye to eye on something...
wink2.gif
Ain't that the truth
smile.gif

Earthworm said:
I do like the fact that Scorpion seems to think that OSI stped making WC games because of some stupid war between himself and whomever, that could have been ended a long time ago if not for his stupid ego.
Well, if the future of Wing Commander really did depend on people liking Scorpion, we'd be pretty much fucked.
smile.gif

Last edited:
Wow! I've read this entire thread, clicked on the links and such, and ... wow!

What a pathetically horrible thread full of nonce! ~laughs~

And not an Arrow to be seen amongst it all. ~hehe~

Loaf, TC, nice Asciiprotelemene.
smile.gif

And Scorpion and WildFire, give it a rest! Carry out your disputes out elsewhere, the CIC is not the place for it. As LOAF said, you can stay (I have no bearing on that or anything, just repeating LOAF), but PLEASE deal with the WC Universe, and not your mad fantasies of Black Lancers running webpages in Cyberspace, stealing pictures from the CIC and other WC sites.

Basically, I'm saying that the next time you decide to write a novel, add in an Arrow, kill of some 'Lancers, and don't post it here.
smile.gif

Have a nice day.
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

[Added text:]
Oh, and I'm 19, so not in that '90%'.
smile.gif

------------------
Maestro: "Lighten up Spyder! We're not gonna die! We're gonna WIN!!"

Zero: "Hey, Maestro... Uhh... If you DIE, can we pick through your stuff before we head back to Sol?"

Maestro: "You can burn in Hell."

[This message has been edited by Anagram (edited October 17, 2000).]

I have read this thread. All I see is a one sided bashing of Scorpion and Wildfire. even they have done some bashing too. All I can say whoa this reminds of the Flame war of 97 on the old WCHS.

------------------
Admiral Chappell Phillip
Callsign:Avenging Angel
TCS Alabama Battlegroup commanding

So... it's one sided bashing... from both sides? You, like myself, may well have forgotten his brain pills.

But seriously, 'bashing' implies a certain unwarranted quality... Scorpion was the thick headed fellow dumb enough to try to start something at the CZ (G)

[This message has been edited by Bandit LOAF (edited October 17, 2000).]

I don't think this even qualifies as an argument.

TC

------------------
CAG of the Blacklance HQ
"Canadian and proud of it"-TC
You are in no way entitled to any WC games, if you don't have them its your own damn fault.

I hate it when TC bring up a valid point
smile.gif
But he is right on that
smile.gif
Look to me more like a a dogfight with words......

------------------
Admiral Chappell Phillip
Callsign:Avenging Angel
TCS Alabama Battlegroup commanding

Akin to a Hurricane attacking the Midway's entire compliment, I do believe
smile.gif

Back