The Good Ole Days when this site meant something . . .

Johann Cooper said:
I agree with TC, casey is a little wimp compared to blair
Yeah, and Blair was much more than a fresh rookie on his first combat tour when we first saw him.
smile.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Er, well, yes, the Kilrathi are fairly obviously based on the Kzinti... the Iason in Claw Marks was pretty obviously a nod to the Angel's Pencil from The Warriors.
smile.gif

DeltaKiller: The Man-Kzin Wars stories are a mixed bag... they range from good to very, very bad. I'd definately reccomend being familiar with at least some other Known Space stuff before getting into them -- read Tales from Known Space first, at least... it's not the best bunch of Niven stories in the world, but it'll get you familiar with the universe MKW is set in.

Yeah, and Blair was much more than a fresh rookie on his first combat tour when we first saw him.
smile.gif

I agree too, but remember that Blair entered service in the middle of the war, and expected action. Casey was probably just in it for "peacetime service," much as Dallas was.

[This message has been edited by Wedge009 (edited October 24, 2000).]

Burrows was turned down by just about every lady he hit on. But I accept your reasoning.
smile.gif

Say, whatever happened to Ms Cross, anyway? Woulda been nice to see her again in RF. Pity she had the voice of a pirate. Or vice versa.

Johann, yes, because of blue hair Blair was the coolest guy ever. Except the fact that IMO he had the most cheesy lines in WC1, and couldn't even get a single lady at that time. Meanwhile Casey has already three looking after him.
smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Earthworm (edited October 24, 2000).]

Sorry to change the subject, but is it just me or did the CAG in Prophecy seem to have a thing for Blair?

Oh, and btw, I just saw the guy who plays ZERO on a soap opera the other day. MAN, that was funny.
smile.gif

I don't think so. She's just over protective for whatever resons, but I doubt she has a thing for him.

Blair was after all a 50 year old Commodore, sure there are pilots that fly at his age, but flying fighters isn't exatly what someone with his rank does for a living. Plus Blair is a hero. It would be a terrible blow to the ship if he got himself killed because of his "I'm a hero, I can win every fight" attitude.

------------------
"The road to Hell is paved with good intentions"
and the bodies of those adventurers who get bad advice.

Member of the LMG (Disgruntled Men)

The alchoholic science officer is hot (Cant remember her name right now)

------------------
"I'm putting you back in the cockpit Colonel, where you will be reunited with an old friend, the thrill of battle!"
-Tolwyn to Blair WC IV

Lt. Commander Aurora Finley, but Stileto looks much better IMO. Of course none of them can compare to the WC2 Spirit.
smile.gif

Eck, Spirit was like our sister. And I'm not just saying that because she says so.

I thought Finley was fairly attractice... I liked her eyes.

The CAG has a husband and daughter (G) She was a friend of Blair's from when they both served at the ACademy after the war, but not a lover.

No... she was like Blair's and the rest of the old gangs little sister.

Earthworm could have a pretty good chance with her (if she wasn't dead and all of course)

BTW, I never said Finley wasn't attractive. But while she can have great eyes, I liked almost everything about Stileto...
smile.gif

Earthworm could have a pretty good chance with her (if she wasn't dead and all of course)
Hehehe... what would Earthworm have said? "So, listen... your fiance must be dead by now... how 'bout you an' me [whispers something into her ear]? Eh, whaddaya think?"
*Slap*
biggrin.gif

Earthworm misses the point
smile.gif
. Spirit is/was a very devoted young lady, and is/was still waiting for her fiance even though she knows/knew that he must be dead. Therefore, Earthworm's chances are nil.

Bandit LOAF said:
The CAG has a husband and daughter (G) She was a friend of Blair's from when they both served at the ACademy after the war, but not a lover.

Hmmm.... where does it say she has a husband?

Anyway Blair`s age wouldn`t be much of an issue, IMO. Just remember the age difference between Blair and Flint.

BTW, how old do you think Finley is in Prophecy?

In the official guide to Wing Commander Prophecy
smile.gif

Finley is in her late 20s, early 30s, based on the amount of education she's had and the fact that she's still serving her post-ROTC service term.

(Spirit was a year *older* than us, to note)

Back