The Good Ole Days when this site meant something . . .

well, from one domain administrator to another I can identify with that concern. Yes, directly linking images from one server to another is content theft. He could have atleast had the decency to save the images and upload them to his own server.

I was not aware that he had done that, however that is more like theft of bandwith, which is not nearly as bad as content theft.

A content thief is looked upon as being totalyl uncreative and they leech off of other people's ideas and claim them as their own so they may reap the rewards.

A Bandwith thief on the other hand, is merely a leech, they are to lazy to save the pictures and thus directly link them from thier place of origin.

Sicne A bandwith thief steals money, that while still bad, is not as bad as claiming someone's hard work as your own, then taking the credit from them.

Please understand that this opinion is mine adn mine alone. As a creative writer, I find it absolutely horrid that someone would steal ideas i created adn worked out. That is perhaps the most heinous of internet crimes.

------------------
In the darkness of night, One single creature lights up the sky.
Founder of Lancer Games
Captain of the TCS-Nemesis

so, now you understand how I feel about the BLHQ. I put hundreds of hours in labor and creative time for that site, then to see it stolen right out from under me.

I think we understand each other now. We both had people steal our stuff. Granted, with Kalkrath you were able to humiliate him and get your credit back, I still have yet to get back what was originally mine.

------------------
Founder of Lancer Games

There are over 500 images in the CIC ships database. About half of them are thumbnails so lets say 250 images. Those 250 image took many, many hours to take, what with taking the original image, cutting out any background crap, changing the brightness, and any other necessary crap. Now to have someone blatantly steal hours of work, and stick them up on his own site effectively claiming the credit for it all is very frustrating.

Now that is just my bit since I made the images that he stole. On top of the is the even more hours of work Chris put in collecting the various statistics and HTMLizing all of that.

Remember Hades, I understand perfectly. I spent hours on the BLHQ site design and implementation then had it stolen from me.

though I am glad that atleast soemone got the credit they deserve. I still have yet to recieve recognition for my hard work. :-(

------------------
Founder of Lancer Games

and I hope you can see Kaye for all her true colors, sure she may be doign something nice by hosting those cic files, but that does not make it right for her to steal something I spent a very long time on...

------------------
Founder of Lancer Games

Wow... Has this turned into one messed up little thread. To resolve these little arguments, I suggest either rock-paper-scissors or mud wrestling, but the latter depends on how sexy everyone looks covered in mud.

On second thought, lets have at it with rock-paper-scissors.

you know, that actually sounds like a good idea.. however in the true fashion of Wing Commander Role Playing, lets have a fly off.. Kaye vs Jamie vs Scorpion vs Loaf...

hehe.. that would be a nice way to solve our problems. Nicely done Wolf, too bad we hadn't thought of that earlier, probably would have solved alot of these problems before they got totally out of hand.. =)

------------------
Founder of Lancer Games

Well, I've known Kaye to be a kind and respectful person, from way before she was hosting files for us. From before Blacklance.org even existed.

But this discussion can't go anywhere. We've all taken sides and we'll never agree on most of the points in this thread. But that won't be a problem if neither side brings it up again.

I agree, we are all set in our ways, though I will admit that all of us learned alittle about each others position wihtout it resorting to a pissing content.

Now that both sides have calmly and rationally discussed our sides, lets just drop this matter.

I think now all of us, since there was this calm discussion, could atleast try to get along. What was in the past, happened in the past, lets just leave it there adn try to start over.

So, can all of us here make a promise to leave the past in the past and try to create a united community?

I know, now that I have seen your side of it, I will try and be alittle more understanding and willing to work for a united community.

------------------
Founder of Lancer Games

Quoting LOAF's earlier post:

But seriously, you will find that the horrible tyrannical CIC which you have spent the last months insulting has a nearly infinite capacity to forgive. We let Kalkrath back here three times, didn't we? We have *always* made friends of our enemies, from Akkbar to the Aces. You and Scorpion are both welcome to stay here, as long as you don't cause any problems, and I urge you both to stop by #WingNut and talk it out there.

Dammit... I miss the best threads
smile.gif

TC

------------------
CAG of the Blacklance HQ
"Canadian and proud of it"-TC
You are in no way entitled to any WC games, if you don't have them its your own damn fault.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, but it involved me
frown.gif

TC

------------------
CAG of the Blacklance HQ
"Canadian and proud of it"-TC
You are in no way entitled to any WC games, if you don't have them its your own damn fault.

Hey Wolf Dog I'm still considering all things
smile.gif
I run my own WC Club now over www.tccommand.com. I still talk to Whacko and Jumpstart...

Flamewars I don't get involved in anymore and look like thread might turn in to one, Just my opinion

------------------
Admiral Chappell Phillip
Callsign:Avenging Angel
TCS Alabama Battlegroup commanding

I just wanted to say that I found this thread very interesting. Almost as good as a WC novel.
wink2.gif

you sure it isn't something out of a WC novel? =-)

------------------
Founder of Lancer Games

For those of you that have read the news section about the WCSC not having any real members......First let me say that the link to that site is really here
www.blacklance.org

Secondly, it's not about a numbers game like most seem to point to. The Aces have been around since 95. They started off on AOL only, and sometime within the next year had gone to the 'real' internet with their site. Now how would someone that has been called every name in the book and whatnot know about the aces being around that long and where they started off from. Try because I've been in the WC community that long. The aces have about oh I think 800+ members from the last email count, but how many of those members are actually active, try about 3%. And now since the WCSC has been mentioned on the news section under the 14th of this pages front page, it has around 80 members with about 10% of that active. The BLHQ which has been mentioned has about 25 members, though about 50% of those are the same person playing multiple chars listed as actual members, when actually they are already members. Out of their group approximately 7 people are considered active.

Now I'm not going to just stand here and allow these constant insults be thrown my way and towards my club. WE've always taken insults from the CIC, but more specifically LOAF. His idea of getting along is and I quote....."I kissed ass to get Origin to fund us for making the CIC from the WCHS"

At this point I could give a rats ass less in what people think about me, because not a single one of you have met me in person, and are taking the words from people who claim to 'know' me from in here, when in actuality they don't know me from their assinine ways.

The CIC exists because they got hosting from Origin, if it had not been for the luck of that, all this would not be here and one person is not responsible for this being as LOAF claims he is. I saw the old WCHS and the site was crap.....period. However seeing that it was the only WC news site out there, notice I said news, and with it being in plain site of Origin, it was kind of hard for the WCHS not to have been picked for the job.

It's all about being in the right place at the right time, is what it comes down to. All WC clubs are going to become less and less active the longer another WC game is not made, and eventually only news sites will remain, and even then eventually they'll have to bring in other genres to keep their sites up.

As I've said many many times before this, it's the 'big picture' that we all need to look at as wc fans, not the 'small picture' that some of the CIC is representing and throwing into a lot of people's faces. I'm telling you that OSI does know about these wars going on in the community, and they plan on stopping them. And I'm sure if it means to have everyone remove their sites from the Internet having to do with anything WC they'll do it like that. I would hope not, but I would rather see that occur and everyone get back to reality, then to see people slammed for something they believe in, only to be slammed from people that believe they are the only thing that WC is.......

With this I will never post here again and I take leave of a community where 90% of it's people are under the age of 18, and you've got to be an ass-kisser to survive in it. I'm not any of the above, so I'll leave this community to rot in its cess pool of hatred and cutting throats. Maybe one of these days, when everyone has grown all up, you'll get what you've been asking for......another WC game. Not gonna happen until then however.....

To all those that do actually know me, fairwell......

I bet you guys think it's really funny to keep changing my post......laugh it up while you can.....
------------------
All Men Seek Justice...
But Never Find Peace...

[This message has been edited by Scorpion (edited October 16, 2000).]

[This message has been edited by Scorpion (edited November 01, 2000).]

Scorpion, stop trying to defend yourself. The fact of the matter is that no one really cares if you screwed over LOAF or he screwed you. And, even if we did care, LOAF has a good deal more credibility since everybody knows who he is. Most of all, these long posts that have no relevance to anything are just damned annoying, so cut it out already.

Scorpion, which part of the sentence "we don't give a damn" eludes you?

If you really want this community to be peaceful, then perhaps *you* should leave. But you don't want peace, do you now?

Speaking as Moderator... do us all a huge favour and go to hell.

Back