The First Kilrathi?

Don't go calling TC's argument dumb. Just kick back and watch the lemmings go over the side. "Well, THEY went over, I'm going too!":D

I didn't like the movie for the reasons I gave. That's O.K. It means my personal taste is not the same as everyone elses. Which is showing up a lot around here.:confused: The fact that the movie seemed slightly removed from previous WC stuff was noticed by people other than me. To me it's almost like someone took the name off Battlestar Gallactica and called it Wing Commander. It's in space, right? It's got fighters, right? It's got bad guys, right? Sure sounds like Wing Commander. But to me, that wouldn't be either, and I would dislike it because of that. Some of you would look at it and say "That's Wing Commander. They said it was." That's O.K. too. I may think it's silly, but who cares what I think?

Originally posted by Ridgerunner
To me it's almost like someone took the name off Battlestar Gallactica and called it Wing Commander. It's in space, right? It's got fighters, right? It's got bad guys, right?

:(

Star Wars ---> Battlestar Galactica----> WCM

SW=WCM ?

I´m sad

Few things have Space,Fighters,bad guys, right?

NO!!!!!!

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
He didn't call TC's argument dumb... he called the argument that TC gave as an example dumb...

Thank you....why does everyone misinterperet what I say? Do I say stuff in some odd way or something?

No. In fact, I think you and I are on the same channel as far as the movie is concerned. But the lemmings don't like voices of dissent.

Originally posted by Ladiesman^

But the games are alitte different though. They didn't take two fighters which we had seen previously, use the same name, but create a horrificly different ship out of it.

Have you *played* Super Wing Commander?

I challenge you to explain any of those I just listed.

Alrighty!

Whether it be TWO TCS Iason's, with TWO Captain's of the same name, meeting similar fates (and both apparently starting the war...)

You just explained that one, except they aren't two Iasons. The refit is mentioned. It's just a bitch that the same ship gets taken out twice. Your only error is saying that they both seem to start the war. They don't. You just need to be clear on which Iason incident is being spoken of when.

or whether it be the Pilgrim War occuring before the Kilrathi War totally destroying the story of Action Stations

That doesn't destroy Action Stations at all, though. Be more specific about your problem with it.

or Blair's parents dying when he was a just a kid even though Academy clearly shows they didn't...

Adoptive or foster parents.

No. In fact, I think you and I are on the same channel as far as the movie is concerned. But the lemmings don't like voices of dissent.

I love how your proof for how right you are is simply that people who don't agree with you must be 'lemmings'. Everyone who *doesn't* agree with you is mindless! Of course! Brilliant!

So, allow me to invoke the rule: QUIT BEING STUPID AT THE CZ.

Originally posted by TC

Have you *played* Super Wing Commander?

No...but then again, I have no desire to (beyond the "it's Wing Commander so I must play it").....seems kinda like to movie....too different from the rest for my tastes...

You just explained that one, except they aren't two Iasons. The refit is mentioned. It's just a bitch that the same ship gets taken out twice. Your only error is saying that they both seem to start the war. They don't. You just need to be clear on which Iason incident is being spoken of when.

I suppose....there's still alot that's fishy about it....

That doesn't destroy Action Stations at all, though. Be more specific about your problem with it.

Yes it does....in Action Stations, the military is suffering from cutbacks and such. People don't even want it anymore. They see no need in it. There's been peace for so long that there's no point in having it.

But...if mankind has just faught their first interstellar war and assembled a "Grand Fleet"....isn't that kind of weird? Now it seems to make sense on some levels, in that the Pilgrims assumed that Confed wouldn't be able to defend themselves.

Adoptive or foster parents.

That's kind of a stretch, isn't it? Besides, his aunt was caring for him after his parents died. I guess if you REALLY want to stretch it, he ended up calling his aunt "mom" and her husband "dad".

Wait, no, Academy clearly shows two sets of parents... the 'anti-war' ones he writes to... and his real parents... remember when his dads ghost, complete with navy uniform, appears?

Originally posted by Ladiesman^
Yes it does....in Action Stations, the military is suffering from cutbacks and such. People don't even want it anymore. They see no need in it. There's been peace for so long that there's no point in having it.

But...if mankind has just faught their first interstellar war and assembled a "Grand Fleet"....isn't that kind of weird? Now it seems to make sense on some levels, in that the Pilgrims assumed that Confed wouldn't be able to defend themselves.

Eh, the references to conflict in that book can be attributed to interspecies war. Now, take a look at both the false peace and directy after WC3... Hey look! There's no military funding!

Though people in the movie seem to have been affected by it, the Pilgrim War is certainly a tiny conflict compared to the Kilrathi War... involving a few systems instead of hundreds and hundreds.

I love how your proof for how right you are is simply that people who don't agree with you must be 'lemmings'. Everyone who *doesn't* agree with you is mindless! Of course! Brilliant!

So, allow me to invoke the rule: QUIT BEING STUPID AT THE CZ.
No. You don't get it. It's O.K. to disagree with me. I even said so.

You know what? I was going to go into a big long deal, be really nice, but it's late, and YOU'RE being stupid, and my legs work.

No. You don't get it. It's O.K. to disagree with me. I even said so.

You know what? I was going to go into a big long deal, be really nice, but it's late, and YOU'RE being stupid, and my legs work.

Uh oh...I think your skating on the edge of swabbie-dom....you might want to NOT call the admins stupid...I know, i've spent time as a swabbie myself....

Originally posted by TC

Double post...but I was unable to edit my last...

Anyway, upon doing some homework, I can now proudly say YOU ARE WRONG....and I shall even provide proof...

From the Confederation Handbook....

CS Iason, Date of Loss: 2638.229

At 0527 unknown craft entered visual range, and the captain ordered continuous wide-band scanning combined with a continuous real-time telemetry stream to HQ. Based on scans and images, craft have since been identified as Kilrathi B'ru'k-Class light freighters, armed with heavy mass drivers and anti-ship missiles.

At 0610 captain transmitted formal notice to HQ and Confed of FIRST CONTACT WITH SENTIENT, NON-HUMAN SPACEFARERS. This transmission also advised that Iason was monitoring alien radio traffic in unknown language, and had begun hailing procedures according to Confed first contact protocols

History of the Terran-Kilrathi War:

THE TERRAN CONFEDERATION AND THE KILRATHI EMPIRE FIRST CAME INTO CONTACT ON 2638.229, AND CONFLICT ENSUED IMMEDIATLY. On 2641.009, Confed formally declared war...

Now, shall we compare that information with the timeline from the WC:Armada Voices of War?

The Terran Confederation expands exploration and colonization efforts and penetrates Vega Sector. On 2629.105 (March 16, 2629 Terran time) the Iason encounters a spacecraft of unknown origin. Commander Jedora Andropolos transmits an international wide-band, non-verbal greeting designed by the Committee for Interaction with Alien Intelligences.

Andropolos keeps Iason’s guns off-line for the TCN-recommended 20 minutes and awaits a response from the alien vessel. Finally, without warning, the unidentified ship opens fire with full lasers, utterly destroying Iason and all hands.

and then...for the hell of it....

On 2634.186, the Terran Confederation officially declares war on the Empire of Kilrah for committing countless acts of piracy and unwarranted assault.

WOW...what does it look like here.....TWO Iasons, TWO Jedora Andropolous', TWO First contact, TWO declarations of war....

The Iason met the same fate, albeit slightly differently, but BOTH were first contact with the Kilrathi and in fact in the movie universe the declaration of war was off by 7 years!!!! What, are you going to explain to me that the movie universe fits because the Iason met the Kilrathi and was destroyed. The Confederation soon declared war, but then in a few years everyone forgot about the Kilrathi and the war, only to discover them later on, a ship that just happened to be called "Iason" and just happened to have captain named "Jedora Andropolos"...and then declare war again.....

I'd like to see your explanation for this one...since SOMETHING is clearly up with this...the movie apparently takes place in the bizarro WC universe, where everything is different!

Yeah...

Though people in the movie seem to have been affected by it, the Pilgrim War is certainly a tiny conflict compared to the Kilrathi War... involving a few systems instead of hundreds and hundreds.
Wow, that was your 8000th post... congratulations!!!

Iason -
Hmm, look at the Iason's history... major refit in '33. I would imagine that it's like the Lexington -- the same ship's crippled hull restored for use. It simply ran afowl of three unidentified merchantmen (which, upon analysis, were Kilrathi)...

(The reason it's in the Confed Handbook was cut from the final version of the movie -- but it's there because Paladin was supposed to have talked about being on the Iason...)

Hehehe, I don't see anything stating the captain's name in the first book quote of the lason encounter, so LOAF's explaination could fit. No comment on the declaration of war though. You have to keep in mind different people write these books and manuals, there will always be inconsistancies. It's not like Roberts put it all in stone at any time, it was just random fiction they threw into the manuals and books to set a mood. It would be obusrd to ask any future authors to read EVERYTHING Wing Commander just to keep their dates straight.

Back