TCS Nonameyet

What about the TCS ESSESS? A nice tribute to 90's comedy movies - and top-gun related, of sorts.

First thanks for the great response.
I have thought for a name myself and found the idea of something historycal intresting.
What do you thing of the TCS Black Watch...named after an old scotish military unit. I don't know if its true, but I heard rumors that the Black Watch was also somekind of Police and Secret-service for the scotish Warlord.

TCS Alexandria after the ancient Libary of Alexandraia would also be great. Keeper of the old knowledg...as the Bengal is an old carrier class with a long history...this last part fits to both names.

Since Geffory said about a Ships named after the D-DY Landing Beach of Omaha. How about this ones named after the British and Canadian beaches:

Take it ur a felow brit Top Gun i am too but although onaha being amarican its the most renemboured for its murderous defences where over 2000 brave soldiers lost there lives.. gold juno or sword dosent reallyt have the same ring to it. a ship i designed in high school when i was board i named TCS Extacy.. a hudge dreadnaught bigger the the kitti one :)

Wow, can't believe I missed this. Very nice work Lars.

My only criticism is that some of the triangular paneling looks a bit off... and those bricks? But still, very nice.

As for the name, I think TCS Alexandria works nicely.

a ship i designed in high school when i was board i named TCS Extacy

LOL, I hope you're not serious?!

Originally posted by Corsair(pilot)
there are already 3 ships named "Concordia"...

Not at the same time. If the previous name-holder(s) are destroyed or decomissioned, reusing the name is a-okay. Just like the Enterprise on StarTrek, the 6 different classes of ship given the name did not serve at the same time. It's just 'one of those things' to keep it simple.

"Sir, starbase Alexandria told us to go to the other starbase Alexandria because the first three Alexandia's dock's are full."

Originally posted by Geffory Tolwin
how about:

TCS Honolulu
TCS Alexandra
TCS Kirov
TCS Omaha (named after the D-Day landing area not the state)
TCS Mir
TCS Kobi
???

Hey, I like Honolulu ;)

Originally posted by TopGun
Since Geffory said about a Ships named after the D-DY Landing Beach of Omaha. How about this ones named after the British and Canadian beaches:

TCS Gold
TCS Juno
TCS Sword

British, Canadian & French beaches :) there were french soldiers with them ;)

TCS Omaha ? hey no ! I've been using these for years, please don't steal them ! :) ( I use these ones for my fan fiction TCS Austerlitz, TCS Omaha,TCS West Virginia, TCS Lafayette, TCS Cdt Kieffer, TCS J.W. Monteith)

TCS Liberation
TCS Sabertooth
TCS Leo
TCS Alpha
TCS Hood
TCS Portsmouth
TCS Southampton (just to please hades :D)
TCS Tokyo
TCS New York
TCS Vega
TCS Sol
TCS Freedom
TCS Bismarck
TCS Lionheart

To Suggest but a few :D

LOL, I hope you're not serious ohh i wish i wasent.. I love sci fi and wing commander fills that spot so nicley capship and fighter battles the way things look in it..i did a lot more than one ship..lets say a whole new fleet, weapons, fighters, uniforms banners...ok i am sad but its all in the SC-FI sprit

TCS Alpha
TCS Bismark are also cool...

Alpha..not only the first letter in greek but also meaning the first one. Since the Bengals was the first cap Ship we have seen in WC and this is the remake it could be a good name.

For Bismark...well the old Battleship was a great ship (even when it was on the wrong side), when I am right it was only destoryed, because of a lucky shot...and they needed a whole Battlegroup just to hunt this ship down.
So when this ne Bengal has the same spirit as this ship it would indicate that its also not easy to take down.

Just look into books about seabattles. I found another two, how 'bout TCS Black Prince or TCS Indefatigable?

More existing name-pointing-out...

TCS Freedom - carrier mentioned in the Wing Commander Academy manual.

TCS Kobe ("Kobi") - Concordia-class cruiser from the WC Movie's intro scene.

TCS Austerlitz - Confed carrier around the time of End Run.

Geoff: run, run now, before the dogs get you for what you just said, around here, everything WC is WC or else...just a friendly warning

More names :D

TCS Powers that Be :D
TCS Dreadnought
TCS Bellerophon
TCS Centaur
TCS Hermes
TCS Illustrious
TCS Ocean
TCS Warspite
TCS Aurora
TCS Orlando
TCS Undaunted
TCS Bounty
TCS Good Hope
TCS Achilles
TCS Cochrane (Not named after the Star Trek Warp Drive Inventor, but was a Royal Navy Cruiser in World War One)
TCS Warrior
TCS Minotaur
TCS Ganges
TCS Argonaut
TCS Andromeda
TCS Battleaxe
TCS Broadsword

All the Above names appart from Powers that Be, were or are Royal Navy Ships.

The TCS Achilles is a Confederation heavy cruiser (from the WCIV novel).

Orlando is a starbase from Wing Commander 4.

The TCS Hermes was a frigate in Action Stations and a Concordia-class ship in the Wing Commander 3 novel.

Minotaur and Broadsword are classes of Confed fighters.

Shhhhh THAT MOVIE IS NOT WING COMMANDER ITS A MESS!

Yeah, I was probably just thrown off by how it was called 'Wing Commander'.

Back