SWC Ships

Wedge009

Rogue Leader
Have I got this right?

The Privateer Talon uses the same model as the SWC Gratha.
The SWC Krant is a new ship.
The SWC Jalthi is the same as the WC2 Jalkehi.
The Privateer Dralthi uses the same model as the SWC Dralthi.

At least that's how it seems to me.

Now, just have to wait for whatever it is that LOAF keeps going on about the SWC Scimitar...

You idiot, there's no point to posting first if you're not REPLYING TO THE ORIGINAL POST.

Anyway, yeah, that's about the gist of it... actually, while rendering the Confed fighters yesterday, I decided people would be most disturbing about the Raptor...:)

(It's shock journalism!)

Well, at least the SWC Dralthi looks, like the one of WC1....BTW the Gothri of P it is the same model of what ship of SWC ??

The Gothri model isn't in SWC -- it was from WC2.

The Confed fighters will be up after the Kilrathi ones are done. Jury's still out on the capships...

The Raptor, eh? So I have to look out for the Scimitar and the Raptor... okay, got it.

Anyway, today's SWC Salthi is clearly the 'unknown' Kilrathi ship in Priv RF, is this model used anywhere else? It wouldn't happen to be used for Armada's Shok'lar, would it?

It is me or the Gratha of SWC doesn´t look like a Kilrathi design, if you observe the majority of Kilrathi ships have greath wings (Dralthi,Vakhtoth,and others) the Gratha looks kinda Human

which makes a good question?

Did, the kilrathi steal the design from humans, or did humans still the design from the kilrathi?

I don´t think that humans steal designs from kilrathi.....
it is more like kilrathi steal to humans (but the designers of the SWC game had crazy ideas about the ships)

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
All the SWC ships were new when SWC came out.
Sorry, I meant completely different. ie, we haven't seen them in the PC WC games.

And, obviously, the Raptor is a Gladius.

Still waiting for the big deal about the Scimitar... :)

I suppose you can group the ship design style into several catagories. WC1 & 2 into one, Privateer, SWC, Armada into another, and WC3 4 into the last, with Prophecy & P2 as wildcards. Of course, several ships from Privateer are seen in Armada, as are a couple that will reappear in WC3. And at least one (Wraith) can trace its roots back to WC2. Then there's Prophecy, which, despite borrowing a few ships from earlier games, is basically a new design philosophy.

Originally posted by Ghost
It is me or the Gratha of SWC doesn´t look like a Kilrathi design, if you observe the majority of Kilrathi ships have greath wings (Dralthi,Vakhtoth,and others) the Gratha looks kinda Human

I think we are all blinded by the fact that we (at least most of us) first saw the Talon as a human design (in the Priv Talon) and thus no say, it looks human. The PC Gratha does not look that alien, too...

Back