Submitted Wing Commander to moviemistakes.com

By your topic, do you mean you've submitted the whole movie as a mistake to the website? <sic>

ZFGokuSSJ1 said:
Well, I sent one Wing Commander movie mistake to the famous www.moviemistakes.com. Hopefully the webmaster will upload the film and mistake to the site.

Couldn't believe somebody spend time to catch any mistakes of that movie.

You must have lots of spare time bro' :) :) :)

It wouldn't be complete without someone complaining that there's sound in space.

"Perhaps with all the debris and escaped gases, there was enough matter in space to transmit sound... "

That was a quote on some SW site about "sound in space." Is that theoretically possible?

AdmiralHuang said:
"Perhaps with all the debris and escaped gases, there was enough matter in space to transmit sound... "

That was a quote on some SW site about "sound in space." Is that theoretically possible?

Not likely. To hear sound, the waves must reach to your ear. So, debris are definetaly out of question here, unless you put your ear onto one.

The second option is the gas expansion and your ship must be present in that gas bubble. You must be really close to the ship for that happen. I don't think these ships contain huge amounts of pressurized gases.

Film makers add sound to the space movies because they create a better atmosphere. On earth, if a plane/car passes by, you expect to hear the Doppler effect. Imagine in a movie, some flying object passes near a camera but you don't hear anything. That would be wierd, right? Since you know that the space ship is science fiction, no harm on putting the sound as well; me thinks...

Wing Commander the movie... why must all good things such as Wing Commander be killed by blatant money grubbing schemes.

Spien said:
Wing Commander the movie... why must all good things such as Wing Commander be killed by blatant money grubbing schemes.

Yes, because we all know that the original games were not created as a money making idea, but were instead a gift from the most holy Roberts brothers out of the goodness of their hearts. The fact that it made a helluva lot of money is just a bonus for their bank accounts.

Spien said:

Um...what money grubbing scheme would that be? The same as the games, perchance?

I didn't mind that they made a WC movie. Hell, I was even excited about it. I just wished they'd done a better job, instead of going for the usual "bang/fizzle" summer film. They should've taken the time to check the aspects of the film (rather than leaving a mass of fans to try and reconcile a bunch of wayward "facts") and made the ships look like they're supposed to. . . and gotten someone besides freddie prinze jr. . . . and made the Kilrathi look more like Kilrathi, instead of quadrupedal sea lions . . .

However, there were a few redeeming facts about the movie:

Hunter was pretty good. Even looked something like the WC1 portrayal of him.

I think they did a decent job by getting David Warner to play "Towlyn".

They actually made an interesting portrayal of a young, inexperienced, happy-go-lucky Todd Marshall. Made the character seem, at least somewhat, realistic . . . even though the Todd we all hated flying with in the game wasn't anything like that.

overmortal said:
They actually made an interesting portrayal of a young, inexperienced, happy-go-lucky Todd Marshall. Made the character seem, at least somewhat, realistic . . . even though the Todd we all hated flying with in the game wasn't anything like that.

Eh? Maniac reminded me exactly of the Wing1 version, minus the hair.

overmortal said:
I didn't mind that they made a WC movie. Hell, I was even excited about it. I just wished they'd done a better job, instead of going for the usual "bang/fizzle" summer film.

Couldn't agree more.

As a WC fan by myself, I'd dragged two other friends to the theater when WC movie is launched. I can still remember how excited I was.

After the movie, I couldn't look into face of my friends. At least, they were nice fellas, didn't complain about anything after the movie. As a WC fan, I can hold it in but for regular John it was definately unbearable.

Back