Star Trek Simulation

obviously you got lost when you posted this here. This isent Star Trek central, however, it is, the Wing Commander Chat Zone of the CIC. :p

While we're on the subject of Star Trek, does anyone know the song that was playing in the background of the trailers for "Enterprise"? It sounded like Creed, but I'm not exactly sure.

It´s really Enterprise so bad ??, everybody in the net says so, and yes, the Enterprise looks like the Akira upside-down.

Everybody on the net hasnt seen the freakin show yet so what do they know? Yeah, it looks exactly like an upside down Akira.

Almost all of the human crew are American (US) or english (isn´t bad but ST suposedly means a united earth, why not oriental or africans or sudamericans?? ) , a lot of inconsistences with the others series and other things.

United Earth aside, America has a good deal of cultural diversity. There's no reason not to have a multiraced cast.

I'm not looking forward to this show. ST went out with DS9, which was a rather unusally entertaining show considering Roddenberry had nothing to do with it. Then again, the first season or two sucked royally. The last seasons were good though. Voyager is just freaking BS. Though I have nothing against a woman in the Captain's seat, Kate Mulgrew and the Janeway character in general annoyed the f*cking hell out of me. She was overly confident and was a walking encyclopedia, far worse than James Kirk or Picard (but Picard was cultured remember ;) )

Don't forget, they're putting on Enterprise even after Trekkers petitioned it. They wanted George Takai to get his own Excelsior show, based immedately after ST:VI. They turned it down, thinking George won't live to fulfil too many more seasons. :mad:

Scott Bacula? Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew

Originally posted by LeHah

Scott Bacula? Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew
Scott Bakula was great in Quantum Leap, and having him on the new show can be nothing but good news... :p

Originally posted by LeHah

Don't forget, they're putting on Enterprise even after Trekkers petitioned it. They wanted George Takai to get his own Excelsior show, based immedately after ST:VI. They turned it down, thinking George won't live to fulfil too many more seasons. :mad:

Um..to be fair, a minority of the fans actually tried for the Excelsior show. Most fans didn't care.

And actually it's a small minority that bash Enterprise too. If you go to message boards and stuff, people are mostly excited about it. The people against it give bad examples of why it kills the continuity, but every example they use can be explained.

Scott Bakula being in the show is awesome.

There was a rally in front of Paramount Studios for an Excelsior show. Literally twenty people showed up.

Thanks Kal-El. Why does everyone believe what they see on those star trek websites? It's all rumors, claims to the contrary. And to be perfectly frank, I kinda expected the Enterprise ship to look like the SS Valiant from the ST Encyclopedia. I don't care as long as long as I get my weekly hit of Trek!

Admittedly, my knowledge of Enterprise is limited but Bakula doesn't strike me as Captain material. It looks more like "Well, Richard Dean Anderson is on Stargate SG-1 we might as well get Bakula.". I know thats not the way it is, it's just I'm partial to SG-1.

I only heard that people showed to protest on behalf of Mr Takai, who also showed up. With a bullhorn. :D

Originally posted by Lunatic
Thanks Kal-El. Why does everyone believe what they see on those star trek websites? It's all rumors, claims to the contrary. And to be perfectly frank, I kinda expected the Enterprise ship to look like the SS Valiant from the ST Encyclopedia. I don't care as long as long as I get my weekly hit of Trek!

Go to the ST official site and see for yourself or the links that they have !

Just because theres links to fan sites doesnt mean they are correct. You cant believe everything you read just because someone put it on the web. That would be the height of foolishness. Wait and see. Then if it turns out to be true, you can bitch away all you like.

Originally posted by Supdon3
THey both had late 80's early 90's tv shows?

I grant you an offical, hi-octane, 10,000 HS turbine engine LeHah gold star. :D

Back