(Something Like)Trivia

I'd hard pressed to say that a Hakaga was "blown in half".

There were three that survived damage:

Tarvakh took four torpedo hits to her bow at the Battle of Sirius, starting a series of internal fires which disabled the three forward launch bays. He never lost internal power - and there's no indication of any sort of major 'visible' damage.

The Yu'ba'tuk took a torpedo hit at Sirius, which disabled a single launch bay and a main shield generator. Secondary shields were quickly restored, and the ship stayed in action to fight and die at Terra.

Craxtha was attacked by Commodore Polowski's destroyer squadron (fighters had repelled the marines before they could land, and had suffered no damage during that attack). The destroyers hit the ship from the rear, disabling the starboard aft fighter bay and two of his six engines. The secondary explosions spread through an open elevator and disabled the starboard topside bay... but to the best of my knowledge, that's the extent of the damage: two engines and two bays disabled. No massive loss of structure or such.

Ok...I just saw this thread...mind if I post a question?

Name an engagement prior to loss of the Goddard Colony that involves modified fighters.

Raptors modified to carry extra mines during the second McAulffie engagement.

Who is the one of the 'rightful heirs' to the Kilrathi throne after the destruction of Kilrah?

C-ya

Murragh from false colors

What was the full name of the kilrathi that pledged alligence to Ian "Hunter" St. John?

IIRC, Kirha's clan was originall nar Ragitagha.

Winterrowd was where the first Mandarins were found/tried.

Mind if I ask one?

Name all other Confederation Capital ships, besides Drayman and Dilligent, that you encounter in WC1?

In WC1 proper, the Exeter-class and the Bengal-class.

If you include the addons (as I suppose you are, since you've listed the Diligent), then there's the Venture and the Gettysburg (arguably).

Bengal, Exeter, and Venture

What was the name of the 6th kilrathi carrier that failed to make jump into McAuliffe in 2634?

Why, that's a trick question, only one Kilrathi carrier failed to make the jump to McAuliffe in 2634... :)

The Waterloo class cruiser TCS Agincourt.

What is the name of the cruiser you meet up with to get the weapons frieghter in Heaven's Gate?

The Waterloo class cruiser TCS Agincourt.

What was the name of the loud-mouth and presumably killed professor at the bar on Luna in Fleet Action?

Daymon Karnes

He dissapeared 10 years previous from the story and was Confed's greatest ace of the era. He was used in propoganda films.

How many types of ships do you face on the last mission of WC(1x2+6-7+2)?

KIS Kathuga

To jump back to the initial question, Kathuga was supposed to be the *fifth* carrier.

What was the name of the loud-mouth and presumably killed professor at the bar on Luna in Fleet Action?

The bar scene took place several months before the actual battle - in all likelyhood, he'd gone back to Earth (though, of cource, he could have died there too).

How many types of ships do you face on the last mission of WC(1x2+6-7+2)?

Which version? The 3DO version, for instance, has radically different missions.

How about Fraix's fanfic version?

Hehehehe.

Btw,
1x2 = 2
2+6 = 8
8-7 = 1
1+2 = 3, as in THREE, as in Wing Commander III: The Heart of the Tiger :)

Let me guess... there would be two alternates... the winning path and the losing path. The losing path ends in a neverending waves of fighters and capships near Sol.

The winning path (Kilrah strike) itself is divided into two... using the cloaking device and not using the cloaking device.

And then finally, you go down to the Trench Run... where you face only one type of enemy fighters:
The atmospheric-capable EKAPSHI!

So the answer to the question should be... ONE.

Sylvester and his ambiguous questions :)

How bout a straightforward one?

What is the name of the human befriended by Baron Jakka and Harga on Fawcetts World shortly before the war?
hint: He also 'tutored' the future Baron Jukaga in the ways of humanity

C-ya

Back