Some models...

Nope, so far the name's "Eisen". I've had it sitting around for a couple of years now and I think i've finally come up with a solution for it.
It's based on the Vesuvius body, scaled down somewhere's between my enterprise and my jutland carriers and is pretty much a pure carrier (no big guns)
Don't think there's anything there that I can use for what you wanted.

Ah I remember. Vesusius style with a center tower or? I would like to see later a canon Vesuvius ;) Border Worlds models are already done but without textures. Maybe you can texture them later.. For that Timeline I have two models...or better one design we never see in game :)

Ya that's the one. I've had it sitting around for a few years. Just realized what I could do with it. Yes it'll be much smaller than original intended, in fact smaller than the enterprise class.

Also fun fact, the oldest file i have for the raptor dates back to 1-27-05.

And it is done...
TCF-Raptor-Showoff_zpsb2351a37.jpg

Like it. I hope in the one of the next build of Freespace open source such a background is possible.

Next one could be looking better if I imagine your old release thread - The old Centaurian mud pic - The Scimitar. Or?

Ya the scimitar is on the list and like the raptor she's in need of a major do-over. Dig around in my "upcoming model" thread (it used to be my old model release) and you'll find the ugly scimitar

Only little thing I have is that I can't get used to the nose. Can't quite put my finger on it but something is bothering me. For everything else it now realy looks like a heavy fighter/bomber.
Will the mod include the two seater version with the longer cockpit?

The nose was taken and modified from the thuds. I was drawing so many blanks with this model.

Also finally released the warhammer. I had to done back on 09 but wanted to go through the list alphabetically. Someone just mentioned it and realized ehhh, let's it's close enough to done, one less to worry about later.

It was based off the concept picture for the FS2 Boanerges. http://www.hard-light.net/wiki/images/Concept_gtb_boanerges_2.jpg
TCMB-Warhammer-showoff.jpg

The last image folled me in beliving that the ship has only five wings and I thought...how the hell does this one land? Now witht the front view its much clearer.

I've come to think: Do the blue intakes on most of your models propose they have a matter/antimatter reactor like capships and the Dragon or are they just design elements?

If you look at the prophecy fighters they have similar intakes. I'm guessing they're more advanced version of what you saw on the dragon.

The last image folled me in beliving that the ship has only five wings and I thought...how the hell does this one land? Now witht the front view its much clearer.

Go look at some of the P2 ships.... they definitely have that problem.
Also is there a backup link for the "classic" ship database? The new wiki one is horrible to search though.

Also is there a backup link for the "classic" ship database? The new wiki one is horrible to search though.
That would be https://www.wcnews.com/ships/
I use it more often than the Pedia myself, it's more coherent and easily accessible (sorted by games on the left and right).

I understand those fighters in Prophecy actually had M/AM engines. I just asked because Pliers made such a fuss about it when he saw the Dragon, which led me to believe it was the first ship of its size to have one. Most ships before didn't even have jump engines.
But i also understand Freespace is a very dark game engine, things just look better when they have some glowy bits.

Last edited by a moderator:
That would be https://www.wcnews.com/ships/
I use it more often than the Pedia myself, it's more coherent and easily accessible (sorted by games on the left and right).

I understand those fighters in Prophecy actually had M/AM engines. I just asked because Pliers made such a fuss about it when he saw the Dragon, which led me to believe it was the first ship of its size to have one. Most ships before didn't even have jump engines.

The books also confirm that the Excalibur had a prototype version of this as its powerplant.

Last edited by a moderator:
So confed was already working on M/AM drives long before the dragon came around. Hmm perhaps the dragon's prototypes were in the research stage before the end of the war. Who knows what top-secret stuff they were scrambling to produce.

Also the Loki (the duress ["duress" is more of a verb than a name]). I had to take some personal liberties with it, mainly the intakes and gun mounts (2 particles, 2 mass drivers, 1 stormfire) I wish I had seen Hudson's version of the duress earlier on. It's about the same length as the hellcat, although the cockpit area is considerably bigger than the hellcats ugh.
TCF-Loki1.jpg

TCF-Loki2.jpg

TCF-Loki3.jpg

I originally had the A mass driver there. I was going to put vents where the mass drivers were. Then I was debating on deleting that section where the stormfire is now.
Also fixed the cockpit a bit, was way too big for the ship.
TCF-Loki4.jpg

It still could use some more coloration tweaks.

Back