Size of the Behemoth?

Originally posted by Raptor
Of course, before we started bombarding Nephilim planets, we would have to first find some. :D

Once Confed figures out the wormhole tech I'm sure there'll be plenty of planets to get at :)

As for the Tiamat - if enough Tiamats spent long enough shooting at a planet they could do it.

How about those bigass alien ships in FS2? They can take out stars, and I don't mean to dinner!

Originally posted by Shrike
It might not blow up any random planet, but it would sure fuck up the ecosystem.... what was the power output on it? 500 million GW? 500 billion? A whole shitload, anyhow. And it would confortably outrange any defenses.

It would take about 12 million years of constant firing at a rate of 500 million GW to destroy a terrestrial Planet, so that power output isnt that big a deal.

Like the T-Bomb, it's the seismic effects of the Behemoth's blast that it relies upon to tear a planet apart.

Originally posted by Wulf
How about those bigass alien ships in FS2? They can take out stars, and I don't mean to dinner!

Yeah... it takes 80 5 klick ships several hours to make a sun go supernova...gee, real impressive :p

Anyway, we all know Wing Commander r0x0r2 :p

F#*$@%! a freakin double post! never happened till now

You can edit your posts up til about one hour after you post them. If you somehow double post again, you might want to consider that as an option.

As for the Shivans in FS2 - They made the star go nova, and while that's nifty and all, it doesn't really mean a whole lot without the context of what was going on - which quite frankly, we simply don't know (and since there will probably never be a FS3, we will never know). Confed is quite a bit more technologically advanced than the GTVA in Freespace 2 (even with the GTVA's beam weapons), and its quite possible that Confed could do the exact same thing if they merely understood how to accurately apply their own technology. What's personally more impressive to me is that the Shivan's could pull up 80+ 6km long ships - which means they've either been building the things for a long time, or they've got a huge empire hidding behind one of those collapsed subspace nodes.

Who knows? Maybe if Thrakhath had 80+ 22km long Sivar Dreadnoughts, he could have done the same thing?

if Thrakhath had 80+ 22km long Sivar Dreadnoughts, he could have rolled over the terrian fleets, all at once.

I would definitely take 80 Hvar'kann -class dreadnaughts over 80 Sathanas -class juggernaughts. In fact, now that I think about it... if you remember how freakin huge those Shivan juggernaughts were then you know what I mean when I say that it would be an awesome sight to see a Kilrathi dreadnaught like that. The Shivan juggernaughts were about 5,350 meters long. A Kilrathi dreadnaught from WC3 was 22,000 meters long. Ummmm...yeah. I'd say the Shivans would crap themselves.

Bloody hell! How would you even go about stopping 80 Hvar'kann dreadnoughts? I guess you'd need quite a few Krakens and more luck than a million Maniacs :confused:

The [Kilrathi] dreadnaught is freakin huge! It took me 20 mins with an Excalibur on full guns to destroy it.
I'm sure it'd take more ships and much more time to destroy it than that. :)

if u had 80 dreadnaughts, u could use 20 as a "shield" a wall of steal up front, and use the rest for fire power.:D

WEDGE009 I agree with you. An excalibur would not be able to take down a drednought. I don't care how powerful that thing is. In the final mission I kept using the cheat to destory the ships. Eventually nothing else came out. It was just me sitting in my fighter not doing anything. I was like what the heck? There really is no way to successfully complete that avenue of the game, if in fact the Confederation is going down in that final all out battle in WC3.

if a moderen aircraft carrier is a city. then a future space carrier would be a small country. and a dreadnaught, a planet or possibly a large moon.

Originally posted by pygmypiranha
Possibly. Dreadnoughts are just too fricken large. Almost like the Death Star almost....

I find it kind of funny, comparing a cap ship to a star base...

what about a fleet of midways with Cerberuses (Cerberi?) as support? (shrug) not really thinking of tactical advantages, I just haven't seen a Cerberus and a Midway in the same shot together.

Back