Site update, new ships which are not Stilettos...

Quarto said:
It's classified. I mean, I could tell you... but then I'd have to kill you :p.

Id have to kill you for using my sig Q...but then again i stole this line from Blair :p
Nice pics.
I like the sector...then again, i was the one who coded it (unless it was changed), so it would be strange if i didnt.
Its nice to see standoff have evolved a lot since the last time i looked on something from its development ;)
Btw, i once upon a time saw a familiar callsign for me in the story bits i seem eons ago. Its still there Eder? If you know the one i mean, that is :p

KillerWave said:
I like the sector...then again, i was the one who coded it (unless it was changed), so it would be strange if i didnt.
Didn't change anything in that sector, so yeah, it probably is your work :).

Its nice to see standoff have evolved a lot since the last time i looked on something from its development ;)
...Though the progress is too slow for my taste :p. I desperately wish to see at least the first episode of Standoff done and released. But we'll get there.

By the way, I'm sorry I haven't been much help with your project. It really bothers me a lot that, after all the help you gave us with UE and Standoff, I haven't been able to pay you back :(. I can promise you that, at the very least, I will finally get that room file you wanted done.

powell99 said:
In my copy of WC1 the raptor pit is smaller
BTW: the Ships are in a Privateer Flavour, They are the infamous "unkowns"
The Raptor pits looked like this
kilrathi_screen003.jpg

WTF! :eek:

Thats the WC screenshot from the-(we all know what)dogs!

Yeah, that's what the big 'G' in the corner stands for.

(Sarcasm aside, It's one of a generic package of WC1 screenshots that every site uses rather than grabbing their own.)

Quarto said:
By the way, I'm sorry I haven't been much help with your project. It really bothers me a lot that, after all the help you gave us with UE and Standoff, I haven't been able to pay you back :(. I can promise you that, at the very least, I will finally get that room file you wanted done.

Thanks, but the project is pretty much frozen
I cant find anyone to code the missions...argh :(

Still, if you need any help with standoff dont be afraid to ask, i will help if i can :D
not in coding missions tough...i forgot everything i learned about it

Are you guys also going to incorporate the Strakha from wc2 since you've got the Shok'lar done? I know they weren't a great many of them at this point in the war (remember FA with Hunter and one in Landreich?) but was curious if they would be on the roster as well...

Wasn't the Shok'lar more of a wc3 era ship? I mean, we see it in Armada (which goes till the end of the war), and something that looks a damned lot like it in Privateer (which doesn't cloak, and was named 'salthi' in the games internal files).

I mean, I suppose that the BOT is pretty much in between WC2 and WC3, enough that we might actually see a crossover of ships (just not in the areas we encounter). I think it'd be really neat to see some WC3 ships (both Terran and Kilrathi) with WC2 paintjobs. I know that's more than is in the scope of this project, but it'd still be neat. A green Thunderbolt? A brown Paktahn? Interesting stuff, huh?

I'm not adding any WC3 Confed fighters, I don't think it'd blend too well... Armada stuff is still good (we got the Gladius, too), then there's our WC2-ized version of the Concordia-class carriers, and at some point I even considered adding some Kilrathi fighters from WC3, but it's not in the plans anymore.

FWIW, we got enough Confed fighters to make us wonder where we're gonna fit them all into the campaign. We're basically going with a different flight wing for each carrier, so that the player gets the chance to see each ship at least once. :p

And about that WC2 ized Connie class Are there any *more* shots of that. I just want to see more of the model.

Once again if you need help with Voices or writing or really anything Feel free to PM me.

Yup, there'll be more connie shots once I re-convert all the models - the current ones all have the bridge on the wrong side of the ship. :p

IIRC, one of the carriers also had a wrong hull number.

Hey Andropolos, long time since I've seen you around. :) As for the Bloodfang... well, in the Dorkathi's case, Quarto came up with a whole series of missions to use it based on a few bits he read in Fleet Action, and that's why I modelled it... but in the Bloodfang's case, we probably wouldn't be able to use it at all in the campaign. It'd be a nice gimmick if I get free time to do it, so we'll see. :cool: It'd probably be a simulator-only ship, though.

powell99 said:
And I take it you no longer need any voices
Oh, sorry if I seemed to ignore your question - it's just that I have no idea wheter we need more voices or not... and that's a good sign. Tempest's been doing a good job at it, so I don't have to worry about voiceovers at all anymore. :)

No problem. Anyways I really think thats a good thing...I listened to my voice and I sound Like a girl

The way we were desperately looking for female voice actresses, he just should've told us that a couple months ago. :p

Eder said:
Hey Andropolos, long time since I've seen you around. :) As for the Bloodfang... well, in the Dorkathi's case, Quarto came up with a whole series of missions to use it based on a few bits he read in Fleet Action, and that's why I modelled it... but in the Bloodfang's case, we probably wouldn't be able to use it at all in the campaign. It'd be a nice gimmick if I get free time to do it, so we'll see. :cool: It'd probably be a simulator-only ship, though.

Unless you really wanted to have a cutscene showing Thrakhath fleeing from one Hakaga to another, I think he flies his personel fighter at that point, but otherwise it's not seen during BoT.

It would be a nice easter egg, but extras only slow down what we all want....the full release....so stop being greedy

Back