Ships for UE2?

I want to see Dragons and Excaliburs...of course...I like cloak....;)

As for what the BW flies...I like what they flew in WC4...especially the Banshee...that is one of my fav fighters ever in WC games.

Though it is fun flying some of the old fighters too....;)

Originally posted by Needaham45
Now Quarto... would it be too much to include just some mention of the Dragons in UE2... just to end this whole debate once and for all? My personal feelings are throw them in for one special mission as part of a special BW group used in extreme cases...

Difficult to have....the only Dragons they have are from Wc4...They dont have the money to ....eeeemm I dont know the word...damn.....to make them work properly..you know what I mean?They dont have parts for them etc

IIRC LOAF said a long time ago that the BW´s Dragons were destroyed or damaged beyond repair in the last battle against the Vesuvius (Maniac,Hawk,Panther), the only one that survived was Blair´s one (parked in Earth).
And the BW only took one Lance Transport.

As for capships, we don't really know yet. There probably won't be too much new stuff in this department.

Quarto, i still think that flying thunderbolts and excals against bugs is much more healthy, than flying Raptors and other ancient tin cans ! Of course every ship should fit in the plot. But is it so important to have an "official" info on the ship, you want to put in the game !?? Look at your "new" Rapier IV (great looking model, although taken from SuperWingCommander):rolleyes: , i doubt that you have an official BW manual on it :D ! i'm telling all this crap, only to change your mind about "Razor"! It will fit perfectly in story, location, and timeline !

P.S. Didn't have a chance to thank you for the great job on UE !!!!
Carry on !:)

About the old fighters (for instance, the Raptor), you could *explain* them by saying that, like the 4 new Ranger-class capships being built by Seggallion Shipyards, the Raptor fighters flown by the BW are built in BW shipyards, under license from Confed. That way you could even tweak some of their specs in order to balance them with other ships in the game.

Am I the only one who would rather see some original BW ship designs entering service than bring back this or that ship from another WC game?

--Eder

Nice idea!

But do not make them look too modern, their new designs are still inferior to confeds, I think. Although the Rapier IV looked good, it looked too hogh advanced in my oppinion. It should be more in the design line of the Banshee or the Vindicator, but hey, you'r the boss, Eder! :)

Originally posted by Quarto
I really do think that Dragons are best forgotten, though :p. I'd much rather come up with some excuse to explain why they can't be used any more than to drop in a mention of them being used elsewhere in the BW.

Alright... whatever everyone else wants to do wtih them.

I read it, but haven't replied yet, that's all :p.

Ok... I'm just eager to see what we're gonna do with it. I have so many ideas, but they all revolve around what our plot is, so I'm just really impatient in terms of figuring that out.

Eder - I do want to see some new designs as well as old ones. Which reminds me, I found a few old things I drew up - once I find a few more and make them a bit better, I'll send them to you.

Originally posted by Needaham45
I found a few old things I drew up - once I find a few more and make them a bit better, I'll send them to you.

Great, that'll help a lot. Killerwave is also gonna send me some sketches he made, so hopefully we'll have more "final version" BW designs soon... my first attempt turned out great, but the subsequent ones failed miserably (right, Q? :D)

Oh, BTW, Lynx, the only ship intended to be used in UE2 that I've created so far is about as modern as an Excalibur in it's design.

--Eder

Oh, I don't know, Eder, I still think that second design is great :).

Weasel: I certainly wouldn't mind seeing some fighters from Armada appear... flying the Armada Arrow at 800kps sounds like fun ;). I do think, though, that Armada fighters are probably not too likely to have been sold to the Border Worlds. I'm trying to think up a way to involve some Confed ships in the story (like the Eisen in UE1), but whether they'd carry Armada fighters, WC3/4 fighters, or WCP/SO fighters would depend on what Eder will have the time to model.

Starkey: well, that's the general idea :). For example, the Epee and the Ferret are manufactured in the Border Worlds by Vieito Industries, who is also responsible for the brand new Rapier IV and, umm, a few other things. As far as the Raptors go, explaining their presence would not be a problem at all.

OBbETAX: no, it's not important for a fighter to be from an official source - making new fighters up is something I've wanted to do ever since Eder made that Rapier IV model. However, if a fighter is mentioned in official sources, we have to ensure that any new information we make up does not contradict with existing info. Anyway, I didn't say I'm opposed to the Razor - what I am saying is that I will only consider putting in the Razor if Eder will have time to make a new model.

I do think, though, that Armada fighters are probably not too likely to have been sold to the Border Worlds. I'm trying to think up a way to involve some Confed ships in the story (like the Eisen in UE1), but whether they'd carry Armada fighters, WC3/4 fighters, or WCP/SO fighters would depend on what Eder will have the time to model.

I realize that, but I was referring more towards the Kilrathi fighters seen in the game. The Kor-larh gets far too little exposure.

Ah, well, there probably won't be too many Kilrathi ships appearing in UE2 (apart from the Fralthi and its fighters). But yeah, the Jrathek or the Korlarh would be neat.

Oh, I don't know, Eder, I still think that second design is great :).
You mean the light fighter, or the bomber?

Anyway, I didn't say I'm opposed to the Razor - what I am saying is that I will only consider putting in the Razor if Eder will have time to make a new model.
I like the Razor a lot too, but it will all depend on how many models I have to make... Personally, I think UE2 has more than enough light fighters already, so it wouldn't be a priority.

Oh, and yeah, I think the Korlarh would be nice.

--Eder

Originally posted by Eder
You mean the light fighter, or the bomber?
The light fighter... though if you didn't keep restarting the bomber, I'd say something could come out of that too :p.

Oh, the bomber was a big fat failure so far... except for that dragon/panther-esque design which wasn't too bad, but not great either. :p

--Eder

Well... it was big, I guess, and in some cases it was even fat, but I think only one version was really a failure :p.

Back