Ship prices for WC Universe.

Originally posted by Ladiesman^
Originally posted by Nep Parth
I don't remember what the Kzin were...were they the ones who stole the Sword of Kahless?

No. That was the H'urq...

Anyway, the Kzinti are in Trek...somewhat. They were in the animated series once or twice. Pretty much they are feline, warriors, Kilrathi.....

In some episode of DS9, when one changeling was on board the Defiant, he almost start a war between the UFP and the Kzinti.

Originally posted by Mav23
Originally posted by $tormin
Originally posted by Mav23
"hard" sci-fi?

realistic physics. not like almost all others. including WC

oh, you mean like "no sound in space" type stuff?

yeah. and the lasers are..get this... beams of light :eek:

the first meeting between the humans and kizinti is pretty amusing. they attack an unarmed ship (the angels pencil) which was a STL bussard ramjet ship with a photon drive. the Kizn used a microwave weapon on the ship to fry all the humans but one of the guys used the angels drive as a laser. instantly killing the MUCH supurior kizn ship. not bad for people that gave up war for a few centuries.

You're all on crack :( the Kzinti weren't ever in star trek... and those weird cat things in the ST animated show are something else.

TC

Of course you know who the Kzinti are, $tormin... we're talking about them over in space battles pretty much right now.

TC

nah not dozens, you'll be able to destroy turrets. disarm a capship then send in transports, have all of you forgotten what I'm talking about? this is a game.

This IS a GAME and in GAMES you do what is fun not what must be done oryou screw up physics and laws and crap! Transports CANNOT capture capships, only shuttles and maybe MIPS to capture a capship with mips you'd need like fifty squadmates ALL stocking mips to do that sort of a capture, Shuttles is what you'd normally use. about 5 to take a carrier, that is still not guaranteed, there will be many factors involved with taking over a capship.

yuo'll need to take down engines, turrets, communications etc, once you have captured the ship you'll need to be able to defendit long enough to get it repaired and operational.
ther'll be a capship 'trader' where you can buy turrets engine parts etc, you'll then have to get those parts out to your newly 'aquired capship'. Little details will be taken into account.

Originally posted by Supdon3
WHich is the proper name, Kzin or Kzinti? My source says Kzin.

The index in "The Man-Kzin Wars" says: "Kzin: Homeplanet of the Kzinti" and "Kzinti: Language of the Kzinti", so I assume "Kzinti" is correct. But isn't it so, that "Kzinti" is plural and "Kzin" is singular? I am not sure anymore, it has been a while...
And there is a ST animated series? And the Kzinti appeared? Wow...

The Star Trek animated series' is from the 70s... Larry Niven wrote one episode, which was one of his Known Space stories altered for the Star Trek universe.

Thanks.
I guess it never showed in Germany (at least not since I have been around). Star Trek meets Kzinti, now that is really interesting. Let me guess: The Kzinti attacked without warning, wanting to enslave/kill everyone, but James T. Kirk defeated them in a battle with his superior tactics and wit. ;)

Ah, not a bad story. I always wondered what a Slaver would look like. The description in the novel was so crazy. Was it a good adaption? Was the whole series any good?

Back