Seether and Blair

Status
Not open for further replies.
We come one more time from one theme over three edges to another.:)
At least we can only write down, if Hitler hadn't made that faults, we'd today live under a dictator of the NSDAP or of his child or whatever. I am quite very happy the war got lost. Like everyone. But there are several people whom don't wish that.

"I rather disagree. In fact, I think American involvement was the major factor in Germany's defeat -- and I'm not just saying that because I am an American.

Consider that long before Pearl Harbor, America was in many respects already at war in Europe. Supplies, armaments, pilots (such as the Eagle Squadron), materials, ships (the Lend-Lease Act), etc. were pouring into Britain. I dare say that without those supplies, Britain would have been overrun or forced to capitulate before America was officially part fo the war. Either way, that in turn would have allowed Germany to concentrate on Russia, rather than the two-front war she was forced to wage, quite possibly leading to her victory over all of Europe."

Consider what you are saying here. The actual war (european theater) was basically a huge struggle between the Soviet Union and Germany, with Britain harrasing Germany with air raids and such in the west. One of the mistakes Hitler made was thinking he could easily conquer the Soviet Union (no nation, not the U.S. or anyone could have done so because of the sheer size of the country). The best he could hope for was to take the oil fields and Moscow and force a treaty with the Russians. Even so, the Russians would still have been in an excellent position to rebuild their industry in the far east and prepare to retake the lost territory. The U.S. came into the war tipping the balance, by opening the second front. That's what Nep Parth meant. The U.S. was not the deciding power though, Russia was(had there been only one front in the west, the U.S. couldn't have liberated europe quite so easily). The U.S. did tip the balance between the Soviet Union and Germany however.

"No country in the world could even approach U.S. industrial might..."

Well, people often underestimate wartime Russia's industry during WWII. Believe it or not, but the Russians actually produced more aircraft than the U.S., and much better tanks than any allied power too.

But enough about the WWII issue. Let's get back on topic.

Tanks and aircraft are nice but when one if four soldiers actually has a gun, and for training you get to fire one bullet a day, your not proving much of an industrial might.

Katkiller: There is a small bar on the top of everyone's post. If you want to quote them, just click on the button that says, "Quote". Also, since space isn't infinite in the CZ, please keep your quotes down to what's relevant in your argument.

Other than that, the US rocks. Mwa, hah hah.

"Better" isn't exactly the word to use when describing all of the other pieces of Russian equipment.

Originally posted by OriginalPhoenix
[BConsider that long before Pearl Harbor, America was in many respects already at war in Europe. Supplies, armaments, pilots (such as the Eagle Squadron), materials, ships (the Lend-Lease Act), etc. were pouring into Britain. I dare say that without those supplies, Britain would have been overrun or forced to capitulate before America was officially part fo the war[Edited by OriginalPhoenix on 06-25-2001 at 17:16] [/B]

I think that you put too much importance on the U.S.'s contributions. Its true that they send supplies, but not nearly as many as countries such as Canada, Australia, New Zealand and other from the commonwealth. They were operating at full industrial and military capacity right from the start, and they supplied Britain with immence resourses in the way of pilots, ammunition, aircraft, etc.

And it still wasnt enough, especially compared to America's massive industrial might. If they had been able to make do with all those other country's contributions then they never would have started buying so much from the US. THe US kept them afloat.

I don't know about that. I think you fail to realize the might of the commonwealth. I don't mean to say that America didn't help in the war, all I wish to say was that sometimes America takes credit for winning everything.

Originally posted by Dak
Hitler didn't actually intend to invade Britain, he wanted to form an alliance with it and the empire. If such an alliance had gone ahead...

The plan to invade Britain by destroying her air defences was essentially sound tactics, except that the British fighters were far superior to the German aircraft.

Actually, the main German fighter in the Battle of Britain, the Messerschmitt 109-E was quite a bit better than the Hurricane, which was Britain's main fighter. The "Emil" was faster, better in the climb abnd dive, and had more firepower. The Spitfire Mk1 and the 109-E were quite evenly matched, with the Spitfire being superior in a turning fight while the Emil was better in a dive and zoom vertical engagement.

Best, Raptor

Wow, i checked this forum yesterday. Quite a fast
flamewar, though. I just hope we can get back to
orginal topic someday.

Ok,dont start flaming beacuse this:

I think most US citizens who write here don´t realize
that some topics are sore to Europeans. For example
many German people would offend about talking nazi
things and shurely WWI-II is interesting period of
history, but it is also a national trauma to many
countries.

I know quite a few people who don´t like US and it´s
way to be a superpower. Of course your president has
stirred things up, but quite a few americans do have
a opinion that US rules and all other countries suck
and bringing that up is a shure way to make flamewar,
so try to avoid it please.

Still i understand comment about soldiers, beacuse
i have been in army and i am proud of it. There
is a this thing called soldier pride and it is common to
all are or have been in armed forces, so thats not
the issue to push.

Of course i do love my country so much that i would
defend it if there would be a war but i think this is
same thing to you all and i think there should be
more respect to other wievs beacuse lack of that
is why the wars start.

Originally posted by Rami Sihvo
Of course i do love my country so much that i would
defend it if there would be a war but i think this is
same thing to you all and i think there should be
more respect to other wievs beacuse lack of that
is why the wars start.
Yeah, but you're not so proud of being a soldier that you think soldiers are better than civilians, right? :)Ultimately, I think that's what irritated people the most about PrinceThrakhath's post. Well, irritated... amused, both, I guess :).

Or made little angry. In my case.:)But there are just several people whom wear their nose so high that rain falls into it. It cannot be changed.

I think we've lost sight of the original purpose of this thread... making fun of that stupid guy. So I'll end it now... <G>

(Seriously, the WW2 thing has been done to death at every chat zone in the world, 617 times over).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back