Screenshots Release Thread

gevatter Lars said:
99 point for Tolwyn...forgot to log me in.....

lol... but you know what I think about a wcp mod.

As a matter of fact, WCP games have a quite good engine, so... let WCP mods to be powerded by the Vision Engine and let us concentrate on getting wc3/4 ships into the game.

never say never ;)

I have already started on doing a little work on the WCP models (not to much
up to now, but there will be certainly some updates in the next few months,
you will see :D

But don't worry, I will concentrate mostly on our current work.

I personally think you guys should have an emphasis on WC3-4, with WC1-2 warships as icing on the cake. The reason is because WCP models already have good textures and all of that stuff, plus a really great engine already.

I understand the WC Standoff site is focusing on WC1-2 stuff with a plot that involves WC2 vessels and such, I think it's "ethics" to not step on their boundaries and let them cover the WC1-2 era. That way, you'll actually complement their work with WC3-4 instead of being in direct competition.

Also, if you add WCP, you'll have to add all the alien fighters, all their taunts, all the music from that game. Plus the logistics of trying to find out what's the *true* stats of the capships (in WCP, they didn't *blowup* persay, they just sat there and explode).

Just thought when time passes that we could make just all WC Timelines.
We are focusing on WC3-4 now..with some WC1+2 ships as addition.
Later on we could insert the other timelines..maybe directly working together with Standoff (what we allready do...don't we?)

I see into the futur...where we have a complett WC mod with alls timelines included...wouldn't that be great?

SCIMITARS HAVE INFESTED WCS!!! :D

Well not yet, but soon. Here's my Scimitar mesh. I'll finish it when I'm done with my other assignments. :)

Attachments

• Scim2.jpg
    Scim2.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 752
Welll, psych, I respectfully disagree.

WC Saga's campaign is theirs to choose. Since they are heading WC4 way, so, in fact, you will get your wish, when it comes to that.

But, you forget the GREATEST advantage of the Freespace 2+ engine...

FRED, the ability for you or me (should enough work be done) to produce a campaign that is BETTER than origins.

Not to mention the fact that with all the exciting work going on at the Source Code Project at the moment, it seems that it will be VISUALLY stimulating too.

What I am getting at is... Give us the ships (preferably WC1-2) and we will give you campaing, or campaigns, as the case may be.

My timeline for WC:Battleground serpent would be as follows... Good campaign 8-9 missions long, and then on, more ships, best of it would be ALL ships from WC on the project. From that point on, a lot of things can and will happen.

I respectfully think you have no clue...

Andropolos said:
WC Saga's campaign is theirs to choose. Since they are heading WC4 way, so, in fact, you will get your wish, when it comes to that.

But, you forget the GREATEST advantage of the Freespace 2+ engine...

FRED, the ability for you or me (should enough work be done) to produce a campaign that is BETTER than origins.

Not to mention the fact that with all the exciting work going on at the Source Code Project at the moment, it seems that it will be VISUALLY stimulating too.

What I am getting at is... Give us the ships (preferably WC1-2) and we will give you campaing, or campaigns, as the case may be.

My timeline for WC:Battleground serpent would be as follows... Good campaign 8-9 missions long, and then on, more ships, best of it would be ALL ships from WC on the project. From that point on, a lot of things can and will happen.

Please don't dig yourself a bigger hole then you have already have. I'm not officially a WC Saga member, rather a "freelance" and independent technical/story consultant due to my past experience in writing WC fiction. I happened to have written the script for the 4-mission demo, and already wrote the mission outlines for the main WC Saga campaign, which will take place during WC3.

But I see that you are older and wiser then I am, and I'll tell ya what. I'll adhere to your advice, take what I have done and just erase it from existance. I'll take all of my script and suggestions and just delete it. Then once I am done purging all of my data, I'll just drop to my knees and wish for a campaign to be based on WC3-4. Afterall, "WC Saga's campaign is theirs to choose".

And after beta testing this thing and experiencing this first hand, I have noticed that you have forget to mention that the biggest weakness of the Freespace 2 Engine is the lack of autopilot and multiple nav points.

seems I can't win, can I, psych?

Well, since you worked on it and all,

I salute you for it.

I am awaiting capital punishment for uttering my opinion

Feel free to whoop me. It is my last take on this subject.
I do hope you have more to contribute to this great project.

When time does come, I hope my measle FREDDING ability will come in handy.

Quiet! Both of you! :)

I just read that the SCP guys have implemented Hardware Transform&Lighting support into the Freespace engine. There are still a hell of a lot of bugs to be squashed, and i haven't tried it yet. :p But apparently, the rendering is six times as fast in ideal cases, and the ships can have a much higher number of polygons.
Sounds promising, doesn't it?

I just discovered the mysteries of making shinemaps and placing them into the right folder. Eith those we can control how bright the shine effect is and can make parts of the modelsmore or less shiny if desired. Note the cockpit:

Attachments

• EpeeTech2.jpg
    EpeeTech2.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 900
Please stop kissing ass (I wrote the bio for that fighter for my own upcoming webpage, and the WC Saga crew has permission to use them for their purposes).

Here's compilation of techroom shots, showing the Ferret with it's new shinemap.
Geez, this was a busy day.

Attachments

• Ferret1.jpg
    Ferret1.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 3,400
I know what are you talking about ;)

anyway, Confed styled Khorsan class CVE is finished. I 'll post a few pics later ... (in case I'll find some time to create glow and shine maps)

They all look great, and that Scim looks very promising, but it seems to me that the fins of the Ferret should be just a tad larger... For some odd reason or other, something just seems a bit off about it.
Maybe it's just me.

psych said:
I wrote the bio for that fighter . . .
Your bio seems to be a little more even handed than those I've read and the one I've created, its tough not to sound too negative or positive on controversial fighters like the Epee and Hellcat.

C-ya

Tolwyn said:
anyway, Confed styled Khorsan class CVE is finished. I 'll post a few pics later ... (in case I'll find some time to create glow and shine maps)
(whispering) Shhhhh, we've decided to re-name it Wake-class now, man :p

Where does Khorsan come from anyway. It might be the reference to the battle where Bear's brother Joshua died but I thought that was spelled Khosan.

You'll have to mindscan Eder to find out. :p

Here's another shinemapped ship, the Cutlass. Hmm, it's enough screenshots from shinemapped ships. Perhaps someone shold move his ass and make some screenies with the new engine trails... :D

Attachments

• Cutlass1.jpg
    Cutlass1.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 1,177
Lynx said:
You'll have to mindscan Eder to find out. :p

Here's another shinemapped ship, the Cutlass. Hmm, it's enough screenshots from shinemapped ships. Perhaps someone shold move his ass and make some screenies with the new engine trails... :D

hold on, they are still in development :D

@Sylvester: it is spelled Khorsan and it was a sister ship of CVE Tarawa, which was reported missing after a raid deep into the Kilrathi territory.

Back