Tolwyn

Vice Admiral
here will appear the updates and the screenshots of our models

Attachments

• ferret.jpg
    ferret.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 1,259
Ah, my new WC3 style Ferret. Use it well...use it for good. :D

Here is it in white lighting(those aren't ingame shots, so it's missing all the cool stuff like metal shine etc.)

And there's a WIP shot of our Tallahassee.

Attachments

• Ferret3d.jpg
    Ferret3d.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 1,084
  • Tal.jpg
    Tal.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 1,285
omg, it is better that everything I have expected :D

here are a few other screenshots of our ships...

Attachments

• jalthi.jpg
    jalthi.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 1,436
  • excalibur.jpg
    excalibur.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 1,559
With the metal shine effect in action, the Excal's textures look like they have too much contrast.

@Lynx

I love the look of the new Tallaheshee-Textures. Can't wait to
get my hands on this baby ;-)

Did you textured the debris as well ?

BTW, I think I should give this ferret a thruster-flame, don't you
agree ?

Starman. That MUST be Starman! :D

Not yet about the debris, since I worked on the sabre in the meantime. but the main model is nearly finished. BTW your turret base looks good, but it doesn't fit for that texture style, I'll make a high res one of that that I'm using.

And yeah about that thruster flame.

@Eder: That is because the metal shine is a bit too extreme right now. But that value can be changed easily.

Lynx said:
@Eder: That is because the metal shine is a bit too extreme right now. But that value can be changed easily.
Hmmm, to quote Spoons, "I don't think so, man." :p

I know the shine effect is basically a contrast-enhancer, but it looks great on all other ships I've seen so far. That's why I think the problem are the Excalibur's textures themselves... they must have more contrast than the others I've seen (Crossbow, for example).

Some of the plating lines are clearly darker, and the hull looks too clean - notice how most of the brighter areas look plain white, as opposed to what happened with the other ships, in which you could see the hull detail even in the brightest spots.

Hehe :p

You'r probably right, I just looked at the textures, they don't have very much detail on them. But fear not, it's most likely not going to stay that way. :)

That's the best damn ferret iv'e ever seen :)

What Confed fighters are goiing to be in the game anyway? Will the Hornet or Raptor be featured?

Where did you learn to make textures? I have a Concordia model that could really benefit from a new paint job.

Sylvester said:
That's the best damn ferret iv'e ever seen :)

What Confed fighters are goiing to be in the game anyway? Will the Hornet or Raptor be featured?

We are planing to release every ship from WC 1 to 4
and MAYBE WC 5 as an addon when there is enough request....cause its a lot of work to bring everything into the game.

Eder said:
Hmmm, to quote Spoons, "I don't think so, man." :p

I know the shine effect is basically a contrast-enhancer, but it looks great on all other ships I've seen so far. That's why I think the problem are the Excalibur's textures themselves... they must have more contrast than the others I've seen (Crossbow, for example).

Some of the plating lines are clearly darker, and the hull looks too clean - notice how most of the brighter areas look plain white, as opposed to what happened with the other ships, in which you could see the hull detail even in the brightest spots.

well, there is a simple explanation: while the metal effect looks good on a few ships, on most of them it is either extreme OR it should be stronger. The effects uses specular maps (this are greyscale textures), to 'tell' the engine how strong the reflection should be. Since we haven't added this maps yet, the hull texture is used by default, which results, as seen on the Excalibur, in a too strong shine effect. I think, that Lynx could create a few shine maps in a matter of minutes :D

Yeah, that's exactly what I've been saying: the Excal doesn't look as good as the other ships with the new effect, so it needs new maps :p

perhaps just new shine maps.. we'll see. Excalibur is on the backburner, since it will not appear in our first campaign

Unregistered said:
We are planing to release every ship from WC 1 to 4
and MAYBE WC 5 as an addon when there is enough request....cause its a lot of work to bring everything into the game.

Who posted this?

Back