Screenshots Release Thread

I just played Freespace, and the battles are insane! The scary part is, from your guys' screenshots, Saga's battles look even crazier. :D

Sylvester said:
Uh....Exarch.....FAIK, the demo and the full game are self executables, there is no need to have free space 2

currently I can run the stand alone build with full sound support, but without hud. Working on a fix though :D

Okay wise guy, game on.

Before you open your mouth again, consider these questions (hint, every question has the same answer).

1) Who do you think writes every PR ship release for the Saga team?
2) Who do you think writes every PR announcement for the Saga team?
3) Who do you think edits every grammar by most of the Saga team, who is from Germany?
4) Who do you think helps out in listening to every voice audition, and emails those particular people about their roles and casting lines?
5) Who do you think works in the background, pointing out ideas to the Saga team about what a WC hardcore fan wants and what a WC hardcore fan will view with complete disdain?
6) Who do you think wrote pretty much all of the mission script, and a good percentage of the upcoming fiction story?
7) Who do you think kicked the Saga team's asses (and purged several unworthy members) to get them from underdog mod with bad FS2-clone rep to one of the front runners in this community?
8) Who do you think is the most experienced person (fan project wise) out of the Saga team in the WC Community, being with them since the very beginning (1996, in other words been in this community for almost 8 years).
9) Who do you think have a lot of connections with a lot of talented WC community people (both on and off the CIC CZ), because he has known them since the beginning of the WC community?

And lastly . . .

10) Who do you think (until now) doesn't talk about any of this beforehand, letting fools like this one think he's some sort of incompetent moron who talks the talk but can't walk the walk?

This may be part of your fun putting jabs at me, just like your previous post publically calling for my removal from this team, but I will tell you the same thing that I told someone else, you don't go in someone's house just to tell him that he's a moron.

whoa Sagas been around that long, And to Psych and the WC Saga Team Thank you for your time and effort on this great and noble undertaking. Also Tensons are high in this thread so lets move on and have fun while looking at Saga's great work :)

The Saga team hasn't been around the WC community for 8 years, rather, the guy who Striker is calling a moron has.

And this leads to a lesson that should be remembered for the future. This doesn't just apply to Saga, but everything else in the CIC forums.

Moral of story kids: do not question the ability, insult, name call, nor publically call for the removal of a position of any WC Been-There-Done-That who has been around this community for more then 6 years (and especially those who have been around since 1996, in the beginning).

And especially without bothering to research on what that insulted person has done. And especially if the insulter hasn't been around for a long period of time (in this case, 8 (years) > 1 (year)) and/or has done jack shit.

There's a reason why they are still around while all the people (in this case, Striker's predecessors) who protested them before (in all those years before) aren't.

This issue is dropped, and any more stupid responses or follow-up threads to this post are subject to WC Saga moderator scrutiny and deletion.

Technical Note: This evidently was posted shortly after Psych's post...I did not read his message until afterwards...

psych said:
Okay wise guy, game on.

Before you open your mouth again, consider these questions (hint, every question has the same answer).

1) Who do you think writes every PR ship release for the Saga team?
2) Who do you think writes every PR announcement for the Saga team?
3) Who do you think edits every grammar by most of the Saga team, who is from Germany?
4) Who do you think helps out in listening to every voice audition, and emails those particular people about their roles and casting lines?
5) Who do you think works in the background, pointing out ideas to the Saga team about what a WC hardcore fan wants and what a WC hardcore fan will view with complete disdain?
6) Who do you think wrote pretty much all of the mission script, and a good percentage of the upcoming fiction story?
7) Who do you think kicked the Saga team's asses (and purged several unworthy members) to get them from underdog mod with bad FS2-clone rep to one of the front runners in this community?
8) Who do you think is the most experienced person (fan project wise) out of the Saga team in the WC Community, being with them since the very beginning (1996, in other words been in this community for almost 8 years).
9) Who do you think have a lot of connections with a lot of talented WC community people (both on and off the CIC CZ), because he has known them since the beginning of the WC community?

And lastly . . .

10) Who do you think (until now) doesn't talk about any of this beforehand, letting fools like this one think he's some sort of incompetent moron who talks the talk but can't walk the walk?

Hmm, I'm guessing that would be you...? Look, I have no problem with your work, knowledge or skill...it's obviously top quality. However your idea of Public Relations and the general concept of a PR person in actuality are clearly not the same. You seem to think that good PR is making sure everything in your mod is correct from a comparative standpoint with what we know statistically from Wing Commander and to some extent it is, but there's more to it than that. The idea of PR person is someone who meets and greets others and makes them feel friendly, answers questions from them (regardless of it's merits) with respect and does their general best to put on a professional attitude. I see a PR person just like the ones that work for in the White house...when the white house holds a press conference and the PR gentlemen goes up to the stand he treats everyone there with respect. He doesn't go, "Okay, asshole #1, what's your question? No, this will not contain ships from Wing Commmander 1 time era, you're a moron, you can sit on my fist..." Now, he may be thinking that in his mind, he may think he's heard the question a billion times, but he still treats everyone there with respect. As a member of the CIC community you're entitled to pretty much say anything you want to say, but if you're serious about being a PR person then you should consider just what exactly that means...I guess you have your own idea of what a PR person does and I can respect that...doesnt' mean I like it or I won't chide you a bit from time to time on it but be who you need to be. It just seem unfortunate that you were one of the few members here at the CIC that seems to have been born without a personality...

This may be part of your fun putting jabs at me, just like your previous post publically calling for my removal from this team, but I will tell you the same thing that I told someone else, you don't go in someone's house just to tell him that he's a moron.

No, I'd call him up over the phone and tell him...I wouldn't trouble myself to drive over to his house. Look, you're point is valid but only to a certain degree. From what I observed, the guy you told to "sit on your fist" had merely made a guess in response to Towlyn's post which seemed to encourage people to guess. There was really no need to invite him to sit on your fist...which would seem to certainly discourage further posts from him. Again, I think you're taking this the wrong way, you do a fine job with the Saga team, I've said it before and I'll say it again, you obviously produce quality results but all I've ever asked was to treat the newer members with a little more consideration? That's not a big request is it? Maybe it is I guess...

On a change of subject I tried to search (YAY!!) about the changes from FS2 to WC Saga, I think I might get flamed but here goes, In FS2 there is no auto pilot, Is there in Saga, Also There are recharging Afterburners in FS2 did you guys change that, Finally can you land in WC Saga because in the Freespace games you jump out IIRC. Of course Im not shure because Space Sims though I love them are not my specialty, Naval Games are.
Maj. Striker: PLEASE JUST DROP IT!!!! It is Saga's forums they can post and state whatever they want It is not our job to critisize and bicker so lets please get back to the point of admiring their great work

To answere powel99 questions
(Why should you be flamed for your questions???)

1) Autopilot ->
Yes their will be an Autopilot option. At the moment we are upgrading our missions so that they include the autopilot function.
Its a little different from WC since you stay in your normal view and set a timecompression that brings you to your next NAV point instead of the WC animation, but I think its even better then the animation.

2) Afterburners ->
They where about the first things we changed. Now you have the normal WC Afterburners which consume fuel and don't recharge.

3) Landing ->
Yes you can land on carriers and its still a good feeling to be home again ^_^

@ Maj. Striker
I know that Psychs way of beein a PR-Guy is sometimes a little bit rough, but don't let it bother you.

@Powel99
Why do you think HLP is rough? I had no problems with HLP during my time their.

gevatter Lars said:
@ Maj. Striker
I know that Psychs way of beein a PR-Guy is sometimes a little bit rough, but don't let it bother you.

Understood, I'll say no more on the matter. I do want to personally express my appreciation for all the work that each of the members of the SAGA project has put forth and will continue to put forth, in which I'm sure Psych has no small part. I'm sure it's not easy and that it takes a lot of time and patience. I look forward to seeing the finished product one day.

You get used to them after a while, Powell. Generally, the worst ones are the political threads in Hard Light and some of the others in there. Stay away from those and you'll be fine for the most part.

Back