Rob McKay Kicks Off Script Project (January 14, 2005)

The theater picture is used in the SNES port of The Secret Missions and in the Origin FX screensaver package.

There's a whole bunch of Origin FX screenshots at http://www.crius.net/zone/showthread.php?p=348203#post348203

originfx13.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice pics. Thanks Chris. It looks however that the one I used in the WC2 script was from the SNES. Does anyone have a screen shot of that theater?

Thanks,
Shades

I always though it would have been cool if the WC movie had started with shot of the band warming up and then playing into the nifty intro montage.

Thanks Madman. I just realized that it didn't post my reply to your posting of the screenshots last time. Don't know what happened. Can you take another one where the curtains are open like I had in the WCII script.

Ok which do you like best the SNES theater or the Origin FX theater?

The flowcharting for the WC1 script is done and I am now in the process of testing it. I just about have the first three sectors done. It's a very slow process. I have to play through each mission at leas 6 times, sometimes more then 12, just trying to find every possible way the story flows.

On the plus side I've also just finished flow charting SM1 and will try to work on that afterwords. It's a bit more difficult knowing every pilot can be dead at the start of the game. I'll have to play through WC1 twice and lose all my wingman so I can save it and transfer to SM1 to see how the script flows.

That reminds me that I'll have to finish my own project for Standoff's script... Once my little Kilrathi (read : kittens) calm down (if that ever happens :p ).

That would be an interesting read. I'd enjoy that.

Which do you prefer most the SNES theater

pdfscript01t.gif

Or the Origin FX theater?

originfx13.gif

I think i like the OriginFX one too, but the snes one gives more space. Yes I can get a snap of the curtains as they are opening, but it won't be til next week as i'm in france this week for an experiment.

Doesn't the "secrets of the WCU" book have all the flowcharting done? or certainly someone at the CIC must have?

I think i like the OriginFX one too, but the snes one gives more space. Yes I can get a snap of the curtains as they are opening, but it won't be til next week as i'm in france this week for an experiment.

A French experiment Eh? Oh I envy you! It’s a beautiful place. I love the view from Eiffel’s Tower.

The picture size can be modified for what I’m doing. I would like it though and it will take me several weeks to finish anyway so I don’t mind waiting a few weeks.

Doesn't the "secrets of the WCU" book have all the flowcharting done? or certainly someone at the CIC must have?

Flowcharting the missions, yes. Flowcharting the script? No, no one has done that like I did to my knowledge. Some people have done what Wedge007 did and compiled all the winning scripts but no one has flowcharted it like I did in WCII at the top of this thread.
I might start playing with the script for SM2 today.

Ah, I see, I guess the ability to lose wingmen can affect the story a lot, especially if you lose one of the two at the table in shotglass' bar i imagine the conversation changes a bit!

Experiment is actually in Orsay (just south of paris) in the national nuclear lab there, tis relatively dull though since theres about 10 of us and only really 1 person has something to do at any one time - the rest of us are just wasting time, in my case, playing privateer :D Ironically, I've never been up the eifell tower, the queues are simply too annoying and being british (and speaking french) I've always considered it something I'll get round to in the future!

It's not just whether people are alive to say anything but also but what they say because of your performance. The structures, especially debriefings, are very interesting and complex.

Queues? Really? I don't remember much in the way of queues. I think one time we practically went right up and the other time we waited only ten minutes. Maybe we were just lucky. I hope you have time to get out and see things though.

Very Cool! Thank you Madman! They are now saved.

As for an update: Things are progressing slowly. Of the 13 systems in WC1 I have 7 completed with 6 to go. (Hopefully less by the end of the day.

On the Plus side. I have now finished flow-charting the text for SM1, SM2, and I'm pretty much done with SO1. (All still need to be tested, pics added and so forth.) SO2 will of course fallow. After that... maybe WC4 (It's pretty easy.) and then there's Privateer.

I'm also in the process of reworking my SO Guide. (90% Complete.) I had to do it from scratch as I lost it all with the rest of my WC stuff. Thanks for the missile pics Capt. Johnny! They are now added! :) I'm really looking forward to the new stuff Capt. Johnny is releasing to see if/how I can use it for the updated SO guide.

I'll probably update my SO ICIS manual as well with some new pics after I buy a font to match the original.

ummm... That's about everything.

I'm currently going through playing the segacd version of wc1, theres the odd snippet of different text here and there - im recording the conversations as i reach them, if you want i can transcribe them when i'm done?

Back