Remastered WC???

WC4 looked perfect to me. Depending on your video card, WC3 let you choose between blue, not so blue and dark blue.

Originally posted by Happy
while 3 had a few color differences, 4 was also too bright and had too much contrast. sure you could fix the in game, but then the movies would be too dark.

This is actually probably a function of your video card settings. Most video cards allow independent gamma correction for the various things that the card does, including your desktop, OpenGL, and movies.

Yes but I doubt WC4 could utilize that, as it's probably all "software", and not cut up between a HW code such as DirectX and the Software mode for the rest. So one setting affects all AFAIK, regardless of how super advanced your video card is.

part of the problem with the textures is that they were "deithered" before the were compressed for the models.
meaning they were created in 16/24/32 bit color and then converted to 256 colors (8 bit). and T.C.cgi is right, wc4 did not use opengl, nor does the independant gamma settings have an impact, as the movies and the engine were both displayed on the DirectX layer.

Originally posted by KrisV
WC4 looked perfect to me. Depending on your video card, WC3 let you choose between blue, not so blue and dark blue.

WC3 let me choose between Blue, not so Blue and Dark Blue....the problem was, when I went all the way down, the movies looked like someone turned the lights off on the Victory....

Originally posted by Ladiesman^

WC3 let me choose between Blue, not so Blue and Dark Blue....the problem was, when I went all the way down, the movies looked like someone turned the lights off on the Victory....

The not so blue is great,and the dark Victory enhances the dark spirit of WC3

Originally posted by Happy
as the movies and the engine were both displayed on the DirectX layer.

Eh, that's not incredibly accurate... they *were* displayed via the game's own hardware calls in the original version. The Windows 95 patch and Windows versions of the games are the ones that utilize Direct Video calls instead.

I had almost forgotten that 4 was originally for DOS, in which case, the gamma control panel in windowsd would have abosultly no effect on why the textures were too bright and had a high contrast.

Indeed. which is why people have been talking about the game's own gamma correction.

when i mentioned the textures were too bright, i was not refferring to the gamma settings, i was reffering to the fact that all the capships and stations looked white in comparison to the fighters. thats all. my point was hardware independent.

Starlancer worked perfectly on my machine...not once did it crash. And about the last mission...it's easier than destroying the Vesuvius in WCIV.

" It's a mother beautiful bridge, and it's gonna be there." Oddball - Kellies Heroes

Back