Rapier IV?

Well, there's a very simple reason why the Rapier IV has to be called a Rapier :p. It's got to do with SWC's version of the Rapier.

Originally posted by Quarto
Well, there's a very simple reason why the Rapier IV has to be called a Rapier :p. It's got to do with SWC's version of the Rapier.

:p :p :p :p :p

Originally posted by Quarto

Ahhhhh, I see said the blind man.

C-ya

Forever be destroyed, as long as I'm in an opposing cockpit. I'd prefer the Dragon, but anything with cloak and autoguns and autoslide will do me fine

Well, neither autoguns nor cloak will happen in UE2, because WCP does not support them :p. I mean, there's a bunch of theories about how cloak can be imitated, but I don't think it's worth the hassle.

Well, what about those buoys, then? Can't it be programmed that Ctrl C makes the screen go a different colour, nullify weapons and make enemy ships not track you. A sneaky way would be to make all ships think that you are friendly and so let you go by.

And imitation cloak - like Die Another Day, er, 'cloak'?

I haven't seen Die Another Day, so I have no idea. But as for those other ideas you mentioned, they would all require some difficult hacking. Even if they're possible, there's just no point in doing something like that - a cloaking device would be cool, but not if it means taking a year longer to get the whole thing finished. We want UE2 to take less time than UE1 - not more :).

Quarto be thankfull you've never seen Die Another Day, its become an easy joke for british comedians everywhere, we're ashamed to be associated with this childish and now AMERICAN film (g'ah Bond was ours! :'()

His 'cloak' was cameras on every side, the image of which being displayed on the opposite side, obviously this wouldn't make the car invisible due to the fact the observer would never be exactly parrallel with one face and the face below it and unable to view all the others but who cares about physics eh? :p Sadly enough this was not the most absurd aspect of the film.

I hear the americans love it though :( I say britain should stage a mutiny and start producing its own set of bond films.

Worst bond since Moonraker! The thing about Bond films was it pushed believability to the absolute limit made you think "this couldn't ever happen could it?" but it never crossed the point where you could say "that really couldn't happen, ever", but Die Another Day did.

Originally posted by StarLight
Forever be destroyed, as long as I'm in an opposing cockpit. I'd prefer the Dragon, but anything with cloak and autoguns and autoslide will do me fine

......If you fly such Fighters,you never actually dogfight....all are very simple.....That is why I hate Super-Fighters..

Originally posted by Medron Pryde
I've not seen it, but most reviews I've read say it is the best Bond film to date....

*shrugs*

....All these Hollywood like Action Movies....I watch them as comedies....all of them...Rambo,xXx,Bond all these are not serius movies...The new Bond movies, are not like the old ones.....

Silly,yes but not like the new ones.......They made Bond a new Rambo...with more stupid action than before....

Oh they were always fun silly but never stupid silly like Die Another Day, its not really the recent ones, I mean Goldeneye and The World is Not Enough were very good films, and even Tommorow Never Dies was completley believeable compared to Die another Day

Originally posted by Pedro
Oh they were always fun silly but never stupid silly like Die Another Day, its not really the recent ones, I mean Goldeneye and The World is Not Enough were very good films, and even Tommorow Never Dies was completley believeable compared to Die another Day

Well, thats what I wanted to say but I include in the Stupid silly both "The World is Not Enough" and "Tommowrow Never Dies"

Originally posted by TCSTigersClaw
......If you fly such Fighters,you never actually dogfight....all are very simple.....That is why I hate Super-Fighters..

Indeed, that is what I disliked about the Excalibur/Dragon/Bearcat--you only had to face the enemy and stay in range--you didn't have to worry about aiming at all. That is another thing that makes the Vampire more entertaining to fly than any of those.

Eh, the Bearcat wasn't a super fighter... the Vampire would certainly come closer to being a super fighter than the Bearcat :p.

!!!!!!!! Vampire IS a super Fighter.......its not as Excalibur was (Wc3) or the Dragon, but it is one....

Back