Questions about the Steltek

Carrier? You do mean what the base, right? Or was there something else that didn't get into the game?

I dunno its huge.

When you eject Eisen will let the Victory crash into it and the game's over. I even cheated on it to see if it could be destroyed but it can't

LOAF MUST KNOW THE ANSWER! HAIL LOAF!

ok, in WC3 that giant ship, was Prince thrakhath's personal Dreadnought. You can kill it, It just takes a while, about (15 mins actually) There is no Steltek carrier, that I'm aware of, unless it wasn't included in the game, or if your reffering to the derelict where you get the Steltek gun. In either case, I would like the mesh. In privateer there was a bartender rumor which went like this:

I heard a good one the other day... seems there's this hollow asteroid along the Kilrathi border.... The thing is, the Kilrathi use it as a munitions dump. The guy who finds that dump can help himself to as much ordnance as he can haul!

That Hollow asteroid, according to Loaf was just another name for the Steltek Derelict, I like the Idea though so when you play WCU look around if your on the Gemini front *I've already said too much... I'd better shutup*

Is there a chance my players encounter a Steltek Drone?

And, in which time period does Privateer 1 take place? I bet I can look this up in my manuals, but I want to test LOAF's knowledge :D

Oh, and what's the name of the Carrier?

22 kilometers.... it would wipe out the ECLIPSE I II & III while still not have suffered a scratch!

A player could encounter a Steltek Drone (by pure virtue of the fact that Burrows does, and thus logically anyone could...). The problem is that, storywise, you run into Star Wars novel syndrome - you're just repeating the unlikely Privateer plot again... (... like how the SW books seem to figure out excuses for everybody to be a Jedi or have a superweapon <G>).

Privateer (and RF) both take place in 2669 -- the same time as Armada and WC3. (2669 has got to be the second-busiest WC year...).

Not sure which carrier you mean -- we don't know which dreadnought Eisen rams (it's *either* the Vegance of Vukar Tag or the Vorghath... we know it's *not* the H'var Kann). The Steltek carrier doesn't have a name -- it's the derelict from Privateer...

No... the name of the V'#$%*& anyway the name you mentioned in your former post... if I'm correct it was a kind of ship class, so what is the name of the ship?

Zim Areejan would kick the shit out of the Kilrathi during ground battles!

And if privateer takes place in the same time as WC3, then why are the ships so old and why do you never see WC3 ships in the game? Just because it is an older game?

TIA,

Zim

You're right LOAF, like in the novel "Darksaber". A Hut with a superweapon?

But I won't let them encounter any other races than the Kilrathi for most of the time.

Oh, right... like I said, the name of the actual ship Eisen rams is either the Vengeance of Vukar Tag or the Vorghath. We don't know which, though...

Privateer has older ships because you're not on the front lines -- so all the surplus Broadswords and such are about (although we don't really know how old Stilettos are... and the Paradigm is only five years old circa Privateer, which makes it far more modern than the Tallahasee class cruisers and destroyers we see in WC3...)

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
we know it's *not* the H'var Kann

I asked for the name of this ship. But asked it the wrong way. Sorry.

So it's the name of the H'var Kann

I once read of the "Hakaga". What is this?

Zim

I'm still not sure I understand... the *name* of the ship was either the Veangeance of Vukar Tag or the Vorgrath... the *class* of the ship was H'var Kann.

The Hakaga class ships were the heavy carriers the Kilrathi secretly constructed and attacked Earth with in Fleet Action.

I think I am confused with classes and names. Sorry.

So it would be

Victory=Victory class
Lexington=Lexington class

But Tiger's Claw is Bengal Strike Carrier class. I am realy confused. Should study military stuff more I guess.

Hey, what do you expect from a Dutchie! :D

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
I've got models of the Steltek fighter, drone, scout and carrier.

Do you mind if I ask you how did you manage to get all these original models ?

don't blame yourself it IS a bit confusing to newbies.

Tiger's Claw: Bengal Class
Concordia: Confederation class
Victory: Ranger class
Lexington: Concordia class

that's strange... Concordia not being Concordia class

I don't see myself as a newbie having lived through all the WC games out there. But there are some things I never thought about.

Ahh, I see... the 'class' of a ship is generally whatever the *first* ship built was named. So the first Confederation class ship was the TCS Confederation -- and then later on they built the Concordia... which makes the Concordia a Confederation class dreadnought.

As for the models... they're from a CD thats got the WC2, SWC and Privateer models... and a few assorted WC3 & WC4 objects on it.

Yeah... but not now, since I'm at work.

_/_/
Youuuu can telll by my IP that I am at wooork
If you get an IP, you can be at woork too.

Back