Questions about the Steltek

WC1 and SM1 constitute far more missions than WC2 did -- because WC1's history is such that *all* the missions were flown by *someone*... (plus three novels, a movie, a story style hintbook and a TV show in the same time period) whereas only a selection of WC2's missions were "really" flown.

However the events between 2667 and 2669 were of far greater import and drama than any other period I'd say. You have WC2 and SO's, plus the truce, Battle of Terra and the Destruction of Kilrah!

I'd say those events had the MOST effect on the war.

That's really a pretty impossible thing to say -- isn't the start of the war in '34 just as important? Or the fact that we prevented the Kilrathi from attacking Earth in '54? Or that we saved Enyo in '39? And so forth... that's a completely subjective thing <G>

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
WC1 and SM1 constitute far more missions than WC2 did -- because WC1's history is such that *all* the missions were flown by *someone*... (plus three novels, a movie, a story style hintbook and a TV show in the same time period) whereas only a selection of WC2's missions were "really" flown.

Boy, if i hadnt gotten the strategy guide that wouldnt have made any sense.

In the guide, for the WC1 missions during the losing path it says stuff like "I was sick that day, or i had to fly a transport, or i was recalled to HQ for debreiefing and plebe pilot training" and described the missions as Angel and Spirit had flown them, or pilots from another carrier.
The WC2 losing missions he says were just added to make the gamer feel like there were consequences if they didnt win the missions they flew. The whole strategy guide is set up like it were a guide for some holovid game based on Blair's career during WC1/2.

which strategy guide?
and more importantly where do i get it?

and as for getting priv running, ive had it running on my athlon 900 with 512Mb ram so itll run on anything

[Edited by madman on 07-04-2001 at 19:32]

Its the official Origin strategy guide for WC1/2. Its definitly out of print. You might be able to find it on eBay. I found mine at a used software store Monday. Its cool and definitly recommended.

Back