Questions about ships

Nemesis said:
If you mean that only one was ever built, then no; one exists at the time of Prophecy.

all I can say is....what the hell are you talking about? There was only one...and it's not there anymore...it's scattered in little chunks....

The WCP Guide implies that more Behemoths may be in Confed's inventory circa 2681. It's not exactly a solid piece of information, though.

DJ Erik said:
(PS: Oh, and on the mission in SM1 with the captured Exeter, isn't it odd that they manage to have four Rapiers on board? I don't remember, I think it was supposed to have been captured before Rapiers were around to use... :confused: )
Here's a little Johann-Gwenyvar-Rapier discussion thats pretty good (of course its pretty good, I do alot of the talking ;)) and may answer some questions (or make a few more)

C-ya

Nemesis said:
If you mean that only one was ever built, then no; one exists at the time of Prophecy.

The guide says this? I don't recall ever seeing that. Besides, the viability of the thing was shattered after it was destroyed.

Moonsword said:
The guide says this? I don't recall ever seeing that. Besides, the viability of the thing was shattered after it was destroyed.

Well, the Behemoth wasn't fully operational at the time of WCIII ... most of its defensive laser turrets were offline, and the entire project was rushed to end the war as quickly as possible. Also, having something that can devastate planets and in cases destroy them wholescale is useful to "keep the systems in line" (although it doesn't seem to fit the Confed mentaility ...)

The guide doesn't mention the Behemoth specifically, though ... IIRC, it simply makes a reference Confed dreadnaughts (which, for all we know, could be the mystical Omega-class ...)

I believe it does mention the Behemoth specifically - at some point it claims that the only weapon in Confed's inventory similar to the Nephilim plasma weapon is the Behemoth.

Could it be just comparing the two? the behemoth was once in confed's inventory, and they still have the technology to make more, they just might not have anymore flying around...

Thanks for the nice welcome and I hope you don't mind me asking some more questions, Bandit :D
So the Murphey and the Hades cruiser main gun are the same, but are there some torpedo tubes on the Murphey?
Recently I bought the WCP guide (german edition). It says that the Triton is lager than the "confederation counterpart" (larger than the Pelican?). The Orca destroyer has two light plasma guns (the same as on the Devastator?). The Hydra is "a bit larger than a confed cruiser" (larger than the Plunkett?). Based on the WCP guide, the Leviathan has the "same measures as the Midway" and is "equiped with several hundred fighters" (based on your data 960 m, but that's not the same as 1,800 m at all).
Last but not least, do you know the fighter compliment of the Murphey, Orca, Hydra and Tiamat?

Could it be just comparing the two?...

You can argue that, but the interpretation is awkward and begs the question of the point of the comparison.

Here’s the quote from the Official Strategy Guide that appears in the section discussing the Tiamat:

“The Tiamat is the pivotal craft in the Alien fleet. It’s a monster nearly two miles long, and the Alien didn’t stop at making just one. The only thing that the Confed has that even comes close is the Behemoth, and even it is only similar in the sheer raw power that it can muster.”

So the Murphey and the Hades cruiser main gun are the same, but are there some torpedo tubes on the Murphey?

There aren't any torpedo tubes listed on the specifications I have (which you can find here: https://www.wcnews.com/chrisreid/murphy.doc)

Recently I bought the WCP guide (german edition). It says that the Triton is lager than the "confederation counterpart" (larger than the Pelican?).

The English version says that it's "quite a bit larger than its Confed counterparts". The plural would seem to indicate that it's larger than multiple (or average) Confed transports rather than any one in particular (the Pelican is certainly larger and more massive - 390m/11,000 tonnes versus 230m/3,000 tonnes.

The Orca destroyer has two light plasma guns (the same as on the Devastator?).

Those are the 'anti capship' plasma weapons I mentioned earlier. They're heavier than the Devastator's weapon... more along the lines of the Mark IV Plasma Weapon used on the Murphy, Plunkett and Cerberus.

The Hydra is "a bit larger than a confed cruiser" (larger than the Plunkett?).

Not the Plunkett - remember that the WCSO ships hadn't been designed when WCP and the WCP Guide were written. This is presumably comparing the Hydra to the older Confed cruisers.

Based on the WCP guide, the Leviathan has the "same measures as the Midway" and is "equiped with several hundred fighters" (based on your data 960 m, but that's not the same as 1,800 m at all).

The American guide (and shipsalien.doc) say the same thing... possibly referring to the ships masses rather than their lengths (120,000 tonnes for the Leviathan, 200,000 for the Midway).

Last but not least, do you know the fighter compliment of the Murphey, Orca, Hydra and Tiamat?

8, ~20, ~30 and ~300 in that order.

Last edited by a moderator:
More WC1 questions:

1. Does the Ralari have the ability to carry fighters? I know the Falthi holds 20, not sure on the Ralari.

2. How does the missile camera in the game work in relation to the pilot? Is it possible for a pilot to see it over one of their video displays in the cockpit?

Many thanks. :)

Thanks for that info Bandit.
That's more than i expected to find. :cool:
What kind of information is the 'shipsalien.doc'? When it's some kind of disign concept, is there anything similar for the confed ships, and where can i get both?
Another question: Are the nose mounted weapons of the Panther/Vampire the ingame Ion/Particle cannons or some kind of spezial anti missle turret, that wasn't simulated in-game ?
thx

DJ Erik More WC1 questions:

1. Does the Ralari have the ability to carry fighters? I know the Falthi holds 20, not sure on the Ralari.

In accordance with Claw Marks, the WC1 manual, the Ralari hasn't the ability to carry a single fighter. Not sure for the KS version. ;)

All available sources indicate the Ralari does not carry fighters. The Confed Handbook even goes as far as to say that the Ralari is the only known Kilrathi capship design that doesn't carry fighters.

Duke said:
(...) Are the nose mounted weapons of the Panther/Vampire (...) some kind of spezial anti missle turret, that wasn't simulated in-game ?
thx
(...)

That's how I understood the WCP guide.

I imagined also. It would be interesting which kind of weapon (laser, mass driver,...) and why it wasn't in the game, but described very exactly in the manual :confused:
Enemy missiles would be simpler thereby to destroy :D

I don't have the WCP guide what exactly does it say about those things on the front of them?

Moonsword said:
Especially torpedoes. Playing skeet shoot with a warhead is not how I want to spend my days.

As I understood it, they'd only work on missiles fired at you. Though I can't say that this is something that is necessarily deducted from the guide's text.

I don't have it at hand but I think it only mentioned that the Panther and Vampire were equipped with automated anti-missile-guns.

Back