Question about rank

We're close to working out a deal with the US Army so that you can transfer your Chat Zone rank there when you sign up.

I joined this site mainly because it was here. I was looking for a WC community to talk about it in, but the LJ one seemed so...batshit about the WC movie that I didn't bother, because I like it. So I came here, and just began posting with what little knowledge I have of WC.

Jacob said:
I joined this site mainly because it was here. I was looking for a WC community to talk about it in, but the LJ one seemed so...batshit about the WC movie that I didn't bother, because I like it. So I came here, and just began posting with what little knowledge I have of WC.
you got to remember that there are people here that hate the movie as well, i am not one of them, but there are.

Anxiety said:
you got to remember that there are people here that hate the movie as well, i am not one of them, but there are.

And we will persecute them with swift justice.

Do note that, even in the OT zone, if we see people spazzing and flooding the forums for what appears to us as postcount padding, the BanStik™ (which bears a remarkable resemblance to a broadsword, oddly enough) will come out, and the boards will be bathed in blood.

OTOH, the word game is a great way to slowly build up post counts.

Though, blood in the forums might be interesting. Might brighten up the dark blue/black theme a little :)

I'll be happy to reach Lt. ChazZio, and then I do not care for another promotion. I am a follower, not a leader.

Umm, the ranks don't mean anything other than acknowledging who has the biggest freaking mouth on the forums. :)

Worf said:
OTOH, the word game is a great way to slowly build up post counts.
Which is why it's the stupidest thing on Earth. The whole point of measuring post count becomes meaningless in light of that thread and others like it because not every post is necessarily a contribution of significance.

I just look at a person's registration date to see if they're worth something or not. People with higher ranks are probably just more annoying.

You got my vote. I've never understood why people obsess over postcounts. In another forum, they had a poll on whether to keep displaying them or not. People seemed to have wanted them by a factor of 2, for the same fallacious reasoning.

The only real way is to have a voting system on whether a poster was useful or not, but the participation rate has always been low on those.

So what is the breakdown for ranks anyways? How many posts per promotion? Is it time in and post count? Or is it post count alone? I came to this thread hoping to find an answer and so far nothin.

Back