Question about rank

TopGun

Vampire Ace
Has the point system been changed?

I haven't been on for a week or 2 and was a Colonel when last one, and now I'm a Major General.

They updated the forums and it now counts all your posts not just the general chat ones

well, that sure helps me getting lt.col. sooner :p

but not in the rate that i post soon anyway ;)

Well You know, some of us are like maniac - majors forever :D I think I've been at this rank for well over a year!

few months back noticed the resurgence of mods for SO and FS2 so thought it might be nice to say what was going on...I've been around since probably 1995ish...in the days of dalnet...when modems still made annoying whistles and DCC was the greatest thing you'd ever seen (and sometimes still is)

Those mods are really great work... Gotta give it to the guys, keeping the flame burning for such an old game. I've been away for a while too but came back since I'm doing some voice work for some of the mods.

*lol* Volume switch of my modem never worked. It was always on "Just in case You're in the next county and need to hear You're connecting" mode... Broadband is so cool. I downloaded 300 megs of files tonight.

Honestly, the biggest benefit of these sudden promotions due to the new board mods goes to those who post to the Word game thread...

well, i'd just lost some interest in the forums since wing commander is almost doomed... so i visited not for a long time. but i don't care about my rank much, it's fun to have and it indicates how much you've posted

yeah I kind wish it still showed join date though that way ppl can also tell if you've been around a while and might be able to help with problems with the games etc

BTW LOAF - do we know how many of each ranke there are? Is it pyramid-shaped in any way? Would be interesting to see the actual "command chain" on this board. Since we haven't had a lot of rookies it's bound to be top heavy :)

And I notice I am no longer a major! ice to know I have those to polish my wings now ;)

All webboards have a big 'sign up and never do anything' factor - lurkers want to post something and then decide it's not important by the time their confirmation letter arrives. Then a lot of people will register just for a tech question... and then others show up for a week or so and then move on. Every community isn't for everyone.

(I've seen a few people who got into WCP through the GBA game... but Chat Zone traffic generally depends on our own promotions... when we got slashdotted, there were a number of new accounts set up.)

Back