Prophecy

Umm deluxe is sort of Win 9x native. There was apperantly a version of deluxe for dos, which added more missions, then it was soon ported to 95, so check the box to see if it's the dos deluxe edition or the windows one.

Am I the only person who liked wcIV better then Prophecy for the GAMEPLAY? I always found wcIV was harder, faster and more thrilling then Prophecy despite having less enemies in it.

The deluxe version also has a "limited edition" patch and poster. So if you're a serious WC collector its probably better to go for that. Actually if its a European Deluxe version, then it has P1 included as well.

As for WCP - I think its worth the extra to get the gold version (but then I managed to find some new ones hear in Australia for a fraction of the price, so I'm probably not speaking from experience :) ), since SOPS is a lot of fun for some all out blasting action.

I dunno if its just me, but I found the dogfights in SOPS to be a bit more frenetic than WCP, and you seemed to be more in the action as a group, rather than sort of detached as a loner. I just found I was bumping into my wingmen a lot more often than in WCP. As for the new guns (can't remember the names of them) - well the sound of those babies banging away made me just feel all warm and fuzzy.

I played WCP with a mouse, and found it to be one of the best implementations of mouse control in a space combat sim (or any flight sim for that matter).

Are joysticks outlawed down in Australia or something? :) I just thought Quarto was weird, but it seems to be a trend for those of you Down Under.

You should really check out these 'upside down' world maps...Australia is on top of everything :D

Just like it should be!

For me, as a European it was shock seeing an American map. Seeing an Australian map, wow that must be looking weird (to me). :)

Originally posted by Shane
Are joysticks outlawed down in Australia or something? :) I just thought Quarto was weird, but it seems to be a trend for those of you Down Under.
Hey! :)

...Oh that's right. I am weird.

Originally posted by Cpl Hades
Hmm, no, you can't get a Win95 patch for Priv2 DOS. You can for WCIV, but not Priv 2.
Ops, sorry. There is a patch for P2 but it's for CD-ROM

Actually, there does seem to be a pattern here, don't we? But no, there are plenty of joysticks around here. :)

Originally posted by Wedge009
Actually, there does seem to be a pattern here, don't we? But no, there are plenty of joysticks around here.

Yeh, I distinctly remember having a joystick for my Commodore 64!

I was trying to think up some smarty-pants answer as to why the Australians here don't seem to have joysticks, but - surprise, surprise - I couldn't really come up with one.

Maybe its just a cost thing ... I dunno what you pay in the US, but over here good joysticks are pretty dear. The only people I know personally with joysticks are hard-core flight sim fans. I fly real planes, so I don't have that urge to get a joystick for the fake stuff :)

Originally posted by Mekt-Hakkikt
Cool! Do you make high-speeds Immelmanns? Or a shake -rattle and roll? ;)

:) No, actually being a real pilot isn't half as exciting or glamourous as flight simulators and WC would have you believe.

It sure is expensive getting there too (makes WC collecting look like peanuts!), but its worth it!!

Originally posted by bw_dave
Hoping for a joy ride were you ? :)

YES!
But then I guess your plane does not mount blasters and missiles, as well. I think it does not even have an autoslide function, does it? ;)

LOL many PC pilot's are really afraid if they fly the first fly real...I also made that experience. I also thought Bah not comparable, too slow etc...but you would be surprised. Our TakeOff that won't be eays or boring for you and the landing also not. The trees and the lenght of the place. We sometimes call it Airplane-Carrier-Landing....

Back