Prophecy Movie Upgrade Patch Released (October 24, 2006)

Thanks. I ran the patch installer again and it seems to have fixed it. I wonder - if I install Secret Ops will I have to run the patch installer again? :-7

Secret Ops is a stand-alone game. You will need to apply the secret ops patch to that install. It won't affect your Prophecy install in any way.

Okay, so I think I might be missing something somewhere, and I'm not sure what it is.

I tried this a while ago, and got the videos going. However, after the first mission or two, the videos stopped working, and it has not allowed me to run them since, as it crashed, saying only that Windows ran into a problem and needed to close. At the time, I had PowerDVD running it...I see that it has issues with the patch. I've since uninstalled PowerDVD, using Media Player 10 to play my regular DVDs. The Prophecy DVD fix, however, has the same problem I had before I uninstalled PowerDVD: It crashes.

The odd thing, however, is that if I run the .exe file from the wcpep_release folder, it runs the CD interlaced video files immediately, and the game otherwise runs from there.

I still have the zip files from the downloads, and the movie directory still has all the HiRes .vob files, all 3.26 GB of them.

I'm running XP and have no third party DVD player installed at this time. I have an NVidia GeForce 7800 GT which has no problems running the game...the only burp comes from trying to run the HiRes versions.

Any suggestions? Thanks, y'all!

If you haven't done so, I'd start from a fresh install for this. Also, the high res and DVD movie items are separate pieces. See if you can get the movies working before you try to run the installer for high resolution gameplay.

If you haven't done so, I'd start from a fresh install for this. Also, the high res and DVD movie items are separate pieces. See if you can get the movies working before you try to run the installer for high resolution gameplay.

Understood. The reinstall was kind of what I was thinking last night as well, but I thought I'd wait to see what anyone thought. I'll let you know on this one in a couple of days, as I'm engaged in a few class assignments right now. Thanks for the suggestion!

0510.VOB

Hi guys,

I had a boxed copy of WC Prophecy from 6 years ago which I finally got round to installing :D

Searched the internet for running it in XP and glad that I came across you guys. The patch works and the VOB files run fine. High resolution at 16800x1050 works fine.

1 small problem, the first movie file, for some reason (and I downloaded the file twice to be sure) my computer claims the 0510.VOB file is corrupted and I can't unzip it!

Can someone give me an alternate location for the file? Thanks!

Also I can't seem to find the sound settings to fix the audio stuttering. Is this a codec issue or am I missing something obvious? Sorry!

Doesnt work for me, I did as the instructions say but when it goes to a video the screen is just black with no sound.

Doesnt work for me, I did as the instructions say but when it goes to a video the screen is just black with no sound.

Try downloading and installing AC3filter. If you get sound and black video then it's a playback/driver issue as opposed to the movies not playing at all.

Installed that filter and now I have sound but no video. I am using Pedro's open gl patch to get the graphics to look decent.

Installed that filter and now I have sound but no video. I am using Pedro's open gl patch to get the graphics to look decent.

did you use the open GL patch before the DVD patch? The DVD patch might not work quite right with that... Did you try it with the regular highres patch included in the prophecy enhancement pack first? The game looks pretty decent in glide mode with a glide wrapper. Only the space backgrounds don't look as nice.

I ran the high res patch and that made the movies work for some reason, but it made the gameplay graphics look worse. The HUD still looks nice but the space background, ships and weapons fire is very pixelated.

Glide does not work right for me it causes black squares to show up around some objects during gameplay.

I managed to get the starfields opengl patch working along the DVD moviepatch, is there any way to play the game in 1600x1200 AND have fullscreen video? I'm using ffdshow, is there something i can tweak there?

Well i mixed up my zip files (couldn't remember which was which) and somehow now it works for me... except for fullscreen video in higher resolution that is.
Have to admit i haven't played Prophecy in ages, the Direct3D version just hurt my eyes. OpenGL is much better, even without any other improvements.

Edit: I think what i (mistakingly) did was first copy the enhancement pack into my prophecy folder (without actually installing it), then install the OpenGL patch, then overwrite the moviepatch dll with the other version. I didn't get any errors about a prophecy.exe mismatch or anything.

Sorry, at the moment the OpenGL renderer can't use the DVD movies in WCP.
As far as I know, there's only been one public release of the OpenGL renderer after its initial introduction in Standoff, and this incompatibility has been the case since then. I've kinda put off my Prophecy replay until this has been resolved. It'll be really nice to have both DVD movies and pretty game graphics altogether in one package. :)

HCl is one mighty busy man, so I wouldn't hold by breath... this could take a very long time (or not, who knows !)

I know. I've already told him not to feel pressured into doing more than he can... but that was a few years ago, I think.

Then i seem to have serious problems, because somehow (i know i'm repeating myself) it DOES work for me. Yes, the OpenGL patch with starfields AND the DVD movies.

Then i seem to have serious problems, because somehow (i know i'm repeating myself) it DOES work for me. Yes, the OpenGL patch with starfields AND the DVD movies.

I can approve that. Working for me, too. Running Vista Business.

I can approve that. Working for me, too. Running Vista Business.

This might be one of those situations where it works fine as long as you install the patches in the right order, since much of it is just specialized dlls.

Back