Prophecy Movie Upgrade Patch Released (October 24, 2006)

Well I just dl'd and installed the 10-27 version of WCPHR.DLL and it cured one weird problem I was having. It seemed that all the VOB files would play upside down, and occasionally get stuck looping.

But the new DLL fixed that. Thanks you very much! Now I'm off to see if I can break something else....

HCl wrote: "Yes, a future version of the patch will search for the movies on a DVD. No point on burning those DVDs just yet though."

how's the work going? :)

found my wing commander prophecy game and installed it on my new computer dell xps 410 system, duel core 2.13 ghz system with lots of disk space and memery.
this system was built for the gamer...

but when I installed the game i found out that the only part that works fine is the missions itself. the rest seems to run at high speed... very high speed

I noticed that you had some patches and I downloaded them to my system, maybe you can help me fix the movie part of my game?
if not maybe you can tell me where to go to find the fix.

thank you.

found my wing commander prophecy game and installed it on my new computer dell xps 410 system, duel core 2.13 ghz system with lots of disk space and memery.
this system was built for the gamer...

Do you know what kind of video card you got with it?

but when I installed the game i found out that the only part that works fine is the missions itself. the rest seems to run at high speed... very high speed

It would help if you were more specific. Does something run fast when you're standing aboard the carrier? Is it just movies that move fast? Is everything sped up or does it just skip?

I noticed that you had some patches and I downloaded them to my system, maybe you can help me fix the movie part of my game?
if not maybe you can tell me where to go to find the fix.

Did you run any of the patches? Have you done anything else to make the game run more smoothly? A good place to look around would be the Tech Support forum here.

@HCL

Hi i have an little problem with downloading the movies i only have 4gb download trafic allowed per month so its near an month traffic for me upload is unlimited ;) thats an irony
Can u explain how u made these Videos i think it was extract with movie exporter from you to avi than an scaler and converted to vob files i think so but how u make it
exactly.
which programms and which stats so that i can do it for myself and have the same quality.
The second problem is im german so i will have german sound and if i take my videos its no problem i haver the german version

PS: my upload is so i can make it possible to download from me if i have done it so its not only for me
it would take some time but i think i can make it for all german too or only convert sound extra or so

thanks for help

Success on load up

:) Just wanted to say thanks for above postings. They have helped me set up WCP successfully after much wailing and gnashing of teeth. I have the following feedback:
1. Downloaded all three DVD movies packs;
2. Installed Prophecy from scratch, enabling Compatibility for 98/Windows ME and did not access the game before completing the next steps;
3. Followed your instructions - Enhancement Pack, separate movie folder and VOB patch after installing Prophecy;
4. Downloaded an AC3 Filter from the web (freeware) to obtain sound reproduction.

I have not used your "mpeg2dec" and "prophecy_video_fix" downloads as these have previously had the effect of throwing me back to the CD movies. Don't understand this - just thought you might want to know.

When using the Installer, I found that all three gf.tre files had not been placed in the "patch" folder along with data.tre - so this was done manually. Furthermore, I had to copy gf2 & gf3 from CDs 2 & 3 as they had not installed. The Installer did actually prompt for these files, but it was still a manual process.

Lastly, I have loaded Secret Ops as well, using your High-Res upgrade as it placed files in the game directory which were required for installation but had not copied across. The installation required glide2.dll which was missing - your file sorted that out neatly. I don't know if this will help any other correspondents, but if it does, then I can repay some of my debt, as it were.

Health, wealth & happiness.

Hi-resolution adjustment (install.exe) on Vista 32bit

Has anyone been able to use install.exe on Vista?

After clicking on Direct3D button then entering 800 in the field next to X: and then 600 in the field next to Y: and finally clicking on the Install button, I get the following error message:

install_gui MFC Application has stopped working

The game runs fine but can't change the resolution. :(

Also, I have all the Accelerated Effects on except for Fog. Anyone get Fog to work?

Attachments

• Error.jpg
    Error.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 294
  • Special_Effects_Options.JPG
    Special_Effects_Options.JPG
    192 KB · Views: 308
Hi. I'm wondering if my situation can be helped. I'm using a widescreen monitor so i set the resolution to 1440x900 but when I start the game, I'll get an error message that 1440x900x16 is not supported. Is there no way around this? I'm able to play if I set the resolution to 1280x1024.

Hi. I'm wondering if my situation can be helped. I'm using a widescreen monitor so i set the resolution to 1440x900 but when I start the game, I'll get an error message that 1440x900x16 is not supported. Is there no way around this? I'm able to play if I set the resolution to 1280x1024.

Are you trying to use a glide wrapper? Does it work if you switch to direct3d mode?

Also check your glide wrapper settings. There is a box at the bottom that limits the resolution. Mine is set to 1280x1024 or lower.. It can be set higher though

Are you trying to use a glide wrapper? Does it work if you switch to direct3d mode?

Also check your glide wrapper settings. There is a box at the bottom that limits the resolution. Mine is set to 1280x1024 or lower.. It can be set higher though

Nope. I'm using Direct3d. I'll get a "GL::loadDLL load failed 5" error is I use Glide at resolution 1280x1024. Is it because of my graphics card? Here's my computer specs:

Pentium 4 531 3.0Ghz
DFI LanParty UT 915P-T12
2x Kingston KVR DDR II PC4300 1GB
Leadtek WinFast PX7600GT 256MB

Where is the glide wrapper settings? In game? Thanks in advance for any help.

Nope. I'm using Direct3d. I'll get a "GL::loadDLL load failed 5" error is I use Glide at resolution 1280x1024. Is it because of my graphics card? Here's my computer specs:

Pentium 4 531 3.0Ghz
DFI LanParty UT 915P-T12
2x Kingston KVR DDR II PC4300 1GB
Leadtek WinFast PX7600GT 256MB

Where is the glide wrapper settings? In game? Thanks in advance for any help.

Glide stuff only works in 3dfx mode. You need a separate program (a glide wrappper) to emmulate having an old 3dfx card to get all the various effects turned on. Changing glide wrapper setttings when you are using D3D mode won't make any difference.

Glide stuff only works in 3dfx mode. You need a separate program (a glide wrappper) to emmulate having an old 3dfx card to get all the various effects turned on. Changing glide wrapper setttings when you are using D3D mode won't make any difference.

Well, I installed a glide wrapper and the game looks better now, but I'm still unable to run it at 1440x900. Install.exe won't allow it. It says resolution not supported by glide. Oh well.

Well, I installed a glide wrapper and the game looks better now, but I'm still unable to run it at 1440x900. Install.exe won't allow it. It says resolution not supported by glide. Oh well.

Yeah, I don't know that widescreen resolutions work with the wrapper but I would still doublecheck the wrappers settings as well to make sure the program isn't limiting the resolution.

Also, HCl might not have written that specific resolution into the patch, try some other standard Widescreen resolutions even if they aren't your monitors native resolution to see if it will display at all

Hi HCI,

are there any news on the updated patch to read the movies of a DVD? :)
Eagerly awaiting this...!! :)

Thanks!

Hi HCI,

are there any news on the updated patch to read the movies of a DVD? :)
Eagerly awaiting this...!! :)

Thanks!

Mario's easier to reach by e-mail than through the CZ. He's still pretty busy on his thesis at this point. I don't have his current one on hand but it's on his WC editing site.

Back