Privateer: The Reckoning OpenSP Beta v4.0

Reckoning is meant to be run by itself, so if you have any other mods going, it probably is creating conflicts.

Iphoenix:
This is the place for bug reports.

BradMick:
Kinda funny...
On the LR forum, I've gotten complaints that the cruise speed is to high.

Exarch:
Kinda useless without textures.

GreyViper:
I'll see about adding a turret to the Gothri.
Vesuvius is a new MILITARY system. It's not meant to be a commercial stop.
Several ship icons are still goofy like that.
Jolson is a Pleasure Planet, and they all have exotic ships. Besides, it gives you a reason to explore.
EDIT: Nope! The Bearcat is not in this version. It's still CTD bait!

lorddarkvik:
It's been reported...
I haven't had time to check it out.
And I haven't been able to get anyone to retexture the Sabre.

I've noticed that too. When I started killing Retros, the Retros started hating me, but everyone started to love me, even the pirates and Kilrathi.

Retros are such scum that the Kilrathi are willing to overlook their differences with me I guess.

Just this mod has made me register here. It's that good. Of course it can be improved, and I don't pretend to be the say all end all authority in Privateer/WC, but this effort feels good enough to make Freelancer more enjoyable than it was before this mod. Maybe I'm THAT old, who knows.

Thank you for your efforts, Warzog.

Strange about the Sabre. In an earlier version, it had a really good texture.

BTW, I can get textured versions of those models, too, Warzog. They aren't great textures, but at least it's something.

Fufo:
Welcome!
And thank you!

Exarch:
I've checked, and double checked.
That's the only texture I have for the Sabre.

Hm. Well, I've got a sweet looking dark grey Sabre with red highlights on my comp, and I don't know where else it came from. I'm gonna go see what the Sabre looks like currently in the Reckoning.

if the modell is in a format that 3DsMax can handle, then i can do the retexturing of the saber! if you send me the original textures and the modell of course :)

Thanks for the mod btw, its really good. Faaaaar better then the original Microsoft crap... :)

Here's a pic of the Sabre model I have. I could've sworn it was used in the Reckoning.

Attachments

• Sabre.jpg
    Sabre.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 184
It must have been, since I don't remember sharing that Sabre model with anyone other than Bob McDob (then in Reckoning) and Psych (then in WC Saga).

(So if anyone else has the model and isn't working on either of those mods, please don't do anything with my work other than look at how pretty it is. :p)

Exarch:
&
Eder:
I don't recall that texture.
I'd love to have it, though.
Bob McDob, and Tolwyn redid almost every texture in the mod.
(Except for the Tarsus, Orion, Galaxy, Banshee, and Vesuvius-I procured most of those.)

Exarch'es saber texture seems familiar to me from Reckoning! the game does use that texture i think, although its hard to see from that distorted textureing in teh game.. The model in reckoning is missing mapping cordinates anyway... :( Dont worry Eder, i dont have the modell :)

I figured out what the problem is. I extracted the current Sabre model (forgive me) and checked out the textures. The texture filenames are simply switched. So, in the 4.0 version, the texture named sabre1 should be sabre2, and sabre2 should be sabre1. Once that is fixed, the ship texture should be cleared up.

Exarch said:
I figured out what the problem is. I extracted the current Sabre model (forgive me) and checked out the textures. The texture filenames are simply switched. So, in the 4.0 version, the texture named sabre1 should be sabre2, and sabre2 should be sabre1. Once that is fixed, the ship texture should be cleared up.
And one does that HOW?

Update:
I think I found the answer to the various base CTDs.
If I'm right, it'll add 1-12mb to the next version of the mod.
(Not to mention take me a few days to implement, and test.

Well, if I could figure out how to repackage the ship model into the CMP, I would do it for you. I'll look into it.

lorddarthvik said:
if the modell is in a format that 3DsMax can handle, then i can do the retexturing of the saber! if you send me the original textures and the modell of course :)

Thanks for the mod btw, its really good. Faaaaar better then the original Microsoft crap... :)
Sorry..
Don't have 'em.
Eder might.
He made it.
(And thanx!)

Exarch:
Thanx!

Found this over on the Lancer's Reactor site:

warzog said:
News from: SnakeBite
Hey all!
I'm running a new server that's called: 'Privateer: the reckoning OpenSP mod'
It's running the 'Privateer: The Reckoning OpenSP Beta v4.0 mod'
The server runs on a T2 connection and WinXp Pro.
Hope you will enjoy yourself.

I got a SERVER UP AND RUNNING, with the name "Privateer:The reckoning MOD 4.0" (without commas). Everyones invited, but as it runs on my home network, i dunno if it will work properly :( read more after connected. (server runs from 15:00 till 19:00 CET!!!, off on weekends. sorry, i cant manage more time for it)
I need someone to connect and test it as well...

Back