Privateer Remake 1.0 - Bugs

But in the original that wasn't possible. Messing with >2 cats was, at best, dangerous (if not suicide). I liked that, otherwise they wouldn't be so fearsome, would they? So I think it's a balance bug. Confed (and in general any buyable) ships can be upgraded too much. The autotracker is mostly responsible. I like it, but it's too powerful. Perhaps, if Cats could have it too... that would be a challenge. Of course, missions would need rebalancing since with more dangerous Cats noone could take on 10 of them, let alone 30.

My fellow Privateers...
Some thoughts:
--Ships should spawn with full shields.
--Radar range needs to be significantly decreased (no more than 10,000 unless you want to modify the top end radars).
--Ships should spawn outside radar range
--After the final contraband run for Tayla my secret compartment disapeared.
--Player is not scanned for contraband enough, it should be a heck of a lot more difficult to get to any major hub (i.e, New Constantinople).
--Correct me if I'm wrong, but you shouldn't be able to explore through the Palan system until you first begin the campaign missions with Taryn Cross.
--You shouldn't be able to dump the artifact ;-)
--No penalty for draining energy by firing and afterburning at the same time...well, minor penalty for firing.
--Not sure about this: sometimes when a ship is destroyed the entire screen lights up like a nova. This happens most often when I am no where near the ship.
--Doesn't seem to be enough miltia running about, especially in the hub systems (i.e, New Constantinople, Oxford).

You guys are doing an excellent job. If you need help that a run of the mill PC jockey can do, let me know.
--------------------------
...you shouldn't kill me just because I attacked you.

I've had a few missions here and there in which I've completed all of the requirements (the mission screen says 100% for everything) and yet I do not get paid whatsoever. The only option is to completley abort the mission and never recieve the credits.

In some clean sweep missions, I've had massive inconsistencies. After dying I've reloaded and then jumped into the sector where I previously died in. There, I met the ships again (which just stayed still and did not attack, and there were much fewer) and it still had all of the points scanned. So basically, I took TWO ships out and finished for 100000+ credits. I'm not really complaining, but hey, it's a bug.

Then missions where I have to kill Kilrathi can be a pain because they are friendly for me almost all the time. I taunt them and still nothing. Then they run away at ridiculous speeds at which I cannot catch them and I can't even complete the mission. Rotten luck!

It's a minor quibble really, but shouldn't the pirate mining bases in Pentonville system ("Oakham") , Sherwood system ("Tuck") , and Capella system ("Drake") have unit names that conform to the campaign dialogue?

Another bug is lack of planet in j900. Iforgot to check my jumpfuel before entering and i'm stuck now(unless there is an other way to get out of system )

By the way , great job guys! , keep on
Update
Xytani hasn't got one too , well that's not a bug then, just the game requires a little thinking :> (stuck for the 2nd time )

r2-d2 said:
Another bug is lack of planet in j900. Iforgot to check my jumpfuel before entering and i'm stuck now(unless there is an other way to get out of system

Xytani hasn't got one too , well that's not a bug then, just the game requires a little thinking :> (stuck for the 2nd time )
The original was like this as well - and you're not the only one who's stranded after not paying attention for a bit. Maybe a nice little "low (jump) fuel" warning would be appropriate?

Grayson said:
I know its not 4 discussion but 4 raw buglisting but i just can't help myself.... ;)

Got a fight with 30+ Dralthies (2 missions at same jumppoint) and got it on the third run (just had to land between the kills 4 repairing)

flough a demon hunter with 4 tachyon + guncooler + 4 autotrackers (hehe)

I just tryed Demon and i'm impressed, this thing is prety much as Centurion was at old game. I like it.

You can eject from your ship (CTRL+E) then use the Control Transfer button (left bracket) to switch back to it and then tractor your escape pod in. This can be done repeatedly.

Majicwon said:
--Ships should spawn with full shields.
Agreed very heavily...the fact that ships spawn with shields at zero is part of why Oxford Mission 3 is so freakin' hard.
--Radar range needs to be significantly decreased (no more than 10,000 unless you want to modify the top end radars).
The max range in the original Privateer was 15,000, which would probably be the best choice.

And yes, the Demon is far too powerful for its' own good. That's the other reason why Oxford 3 is so hard.

I'm not sure whether this is a bug, or an exploit, but if you hold down afterburner, then bring up the map while still holding the afterburner down, then release afterburner, and exit the map, the afterburner stays on when you return to controlling the ship until you press afterburner again. (This is handy though, makes for some quick trips across a system in a Demon with a speed booster!)

Maybe already mentioned but as I read some about the asteriod-threads is remembered one thing I really like but for sure is a bug:

In stealth mode one can fly through an asteroid field with the autopilot
(I guess the possibility of using the autopilot is controlled by the absence or presence of "enemys" - and I guess asteroids count as those - with the cloaking device on this is set to off, i guess --> one can fly through asteroids by autopilot without any harm)

Faction Standing Bug

For some reason my Militia standing went to "2.5e-00599" I haven't tested it out yet but I can't figure out if the militia really likes me or really hates me. Or for that matter if I can change my standing with them... I'll test it out and post an update.

This happens on a random basis.

When a merchant blows up I get random get items (Eg. Weapons) in my cargo even though I never tractor them in!

There's a bug with the campaign mission.

-Talk to Sandoval at New Detroit and accept his first mission.
-Go back and talk to Sandoval again. (He will complain about you still being here)
-The same active campaign mission is loaded up twice in the mission computer.
-If you talk to Sandoval for the 3rd and 4th time the active campaign mission loads up again and again!

Bartenders speak about game events and persons (Riordian, Kroiz, Palan's blockade, etc.) long after these events are gone.

I've seen a Paradigm once bombarding a pirate asteroid base with its full strength. I'd dock, undock, fly away and get back, and it still was there. Last time when I saw it, base's force field was depleted at one side. I'm not sure what would happen if I stayed longer to watch... but it was a damn stubborn Paradigm :).

1. Privateer freezes for a couple of seconds after engaging the Jump Drive.
2. You keep your momentum after you leave Autopilot. If you were headed away from your target when going in to Autopilot, you will end up going backwards (briefly) when you get there.

RZetlin said:
There's a bug with the campaign mission.

-Talk to Sandoval at New Detroit and accept his first mission.
-Go back and talk to Sandoval again. (He will complain about you still being here)
-The same active campaign mission is loaded up twice in the mission computer.
-If you talk to Sandoval for the 3rd and 4th time the active campaign mission loads up again and again!

That happened to me on the final Tayla mission; I ended up having to fight three sets of William Riordian and his cronies. Barely came out of it alive.

Other bugs:

1) If you use the Sandoval bug (multiple mission appears) the alien artifact is loaded up in your cargo hold multiple times.

2) You can completely dump the alien artifact. (I didn't think you could do this in the original game)

3) For the Sandoval mission, the final destination Liverpool refinery does not show up in the objectives listing on your flight computer. (See screenshot)

4) The fourth and last mission from Tayla is very difficult (impossible) to complete in a Galaxy ship. William Riodian shows up as a hostile. If you kill him he respawns again! The dialogue speech with Riodian does not start up consistently--sometimes it starts when you leave the station, sometimes it starts after you almost clear the asteriod field.

In the original three pirate talons attacks you, in the remake two other centurions and other talons turn hostile and pounds your shields and hull to pieces before you have a chance to flee or fight back!

UPDATE: I finally got passed Tayla's last mission by setting the difficultly setting to the easiest. The ships were too stupid to fire back.

Other bugs:

4a) The dialogue with William Riodian is too low and I can't hear it clearly.

5) When you purchase a tractor beam, the beam is turn on by default and activates with when you fire your gun. In the original, the tractor beam was treated as a missle add-on and you could switch between your missle and your tractor beam.

6) For the pirate base on Pentenville, it is detected as a hostile pirate base sometimes and will respond the same way. (See screenshot) In the orginal bases only had the message for docking.

7) On the Argicultural planet Victoria in the Junction system and other bases, the Galaxy space ship are listed as two types instead of one.

8) There's a small typo with the Centurion description: Missing the first bullet number describing the mountpoint ratings.

Back