Privateer 2 and the rest of the WC universe: My explanation

Arcadian15

Spaceman
Allright, I know this is a long one, and I do apologize. In writing my fanfics I wanted to use both privateer 2 and the confed universes. So I wrote up this description of how it could have happened. I don't really like teh (at the same time a human civillization popped up). It works but I think this is more plausible.

This is written as a Kindred report on the events and it's a lead in to my stories, so some of it is story specific. But tell me what you think.

I. Summary of Events Leading to Opening of Jumpgate to Confed freespace.

Common knowledge has come to show that colonists from the original human solar system originally settled the tri-system area. This system contained the origins of humanity and the planet Earth. At the time colonizing ships were sent out into deeper space, utilizing the relatively new jump technology. One such attempt was sent to a scouted jump gate located deep within unknown space. This jump point was chosen due to the findings of many resource rich planets on the other side. 23 Clydesdale class colonizing ships were sent beyond the jump gate for a 7-yr. colonizing mission. At the end of the 7 yrs,
(3-year journey and 4-year colonization) if colonization was successful, streamlined messenger ships (capable of making the
journey in 1 yr) were to report findings and data gathered.

However all did not go as planned. The jump point was located in what became later known as “Kilrathi” territory. The
Kilrathi being a fierce race of cat like humanoids, at war with everyone and everything. The colonizing attempts were
indeed successful, giving rise to what became later known as the Tri-System area. When the messenger ships were sent to
report in to the Confed Colonization board they encountered Kilrathi forces on the other side of the jump point. The
streamlined messenger ship, with a medium complement of fighters, fended off the Kilrathi long enough to make it to the jump point. Having developed jump technology different to that of the Confederation and The Kilrathi, one of the messenger ships overloaded it’s jump engine inside of the jumpgate. This caused the jumpgate to become clouded and unusable by kilrathi and confed technology.

Believing that humanity had been destroyed by the Kilrathi (who were unknown to the tri-system settlers) the messenger ship reported back to the colonizing base. Efforts were redoubled and the civilizations that sprang up in the new tri-system area eventually forgot about their roots. Records still remained of the Confederation, but they were not deemed important to the new settlers.

Meanwhile, in the confederation space, the war had disrupted communications and trade lines. The tri-system colonization
attempt, as well as many others, was eventually reported as causalities of the war. A battle line had been drawn and
colonization spread, but not into the deep regions of space. Many Systems were colonized, but the Tri-system remained
undetected as the only jump point leading into it was scrambled to protect the colonies from the Kilrathi.

A privateering operator Known as Lev Arris, having been mixed up with the organization known as the Kindred, was placed under CIS surveillance. His actions (after his aid in the defeat of the kindred) were closely monitored up until Classified Date.

I. Ser Arris tracked down a strange ship on mercenary contract from the CIS. Instead of towing this ship into port Ser Arris brought it to an uncharted planet, and removed many vital components including, a different jump drive from the strange craft. This Jump drive seemed to have a piece of rock made up of an unknown mineral substance.

II. Agents from one of the Kindred factions tracked Ser Arris, wishing to get the technology that he had removed from the craft. Ser Arris Evaded the Kindred agents by utilizing the jump technology of the craft. (Unbeknownst to Ser Arris he jumped through the original Jump point which lead into Confed/Kilrathi territory.

III. Due to the nature of the jump technology (itself having come from a pirate vessel in confed space) and the scrambled
jump point, Ser Arris jumped to some other region. Some believe that this point transported Ser Arris in time, or to an alternate dimension. Supporters of this theory believe that this is due to the unknown material utilized by the jump drive. Very few believe this theory

IV. Ser Arris returned to Tri-System Space, and by means unbeknownst to us de-scrambled the jump point. Ser Arris had brought along two unknown passengers. One of these has been identified and researched, the other (as well as the other people in the franchise Arcadian Interplanetary) are unknown. The first stranger, known as Arcadian, seems to possess excellent skills and superior knowledge.

V. Ser Arris and Ser Arcadian, utilizing technology from the Confed Space, and from Tri-system lead, through complicated means, Tri-System and Confed together. The Kilrathi war having been ended,and the Nephilim war having started Confed and Tri-System worked to integrate efforts and produced a truce and trade agreement. Simplified terms. Confed provided Tri-System with its non-Military technology and old military technology,while Tri-System provided confed with its mini-jump technology and many of its non-weapon (and some weapon) related advances over Confed.

[Edited by Arcadian15 on 07-31-2001 at 23:56]

According my P2 manual (spanish Vers.) the Tri-system have an humanoid indigenous life-form. not human who colonized them.

Not this again... I thought we already discussed how Privateer 2 and the rest of Wing Commander were linked. Do a search. The thread shoud still exist.

Originally posted by Arcadian15
I wanted to use both privateer 2 and the confed universes.
Seeing as how they're one in the same, I find the pluralization odd.

Yeah, this one has been done to death. In order to speed up the threads normal life expectancy, I will act out the rest of the thread now.

Some general CZ moron: P2 is not WC.

LOAF: Origin says it is, so it is.

Same moron: No it's not.

LOAF: Origin, Erin Roberts, Chris Roberts, and yo momma, say it is.

Same moron: But I'm too stupid to comprehend the fact that they could be in the same universe with such different looking ships, even if they are a hundred or so years into the future.

LOAF, Frosty, myself, Kris, Hades, and sometimes Weasel: You're a moron.

From there it degenerates into the CZer crying, etc. There ya go. Hopefully that'll save some bandwidth.

Originally posted by TyeDyeBoy
Same moron: But I'm too stupid to comprehend the fact that they could be in the same universe with such different looking ships, even if they are a hundred or so years into the future.

They're obviously the same.. so many similarities! I mean, if you choose to fly that one mission, there's that one ship that looks kinda like something that could have evolved out of WC.. ;)

+Kinnear

Don't call people morons -- he clearly said that this was for his fanfic because he wanted to use both technologies in the same story. It's an interesting read, at least.

However, for those unfamiliar, Privateer 2 does take place in the Wing Commander Universe -- about 109 years after Prophecy.

Ah, sorry. I didn't mean for that to be implied.

It was not my intent to call Arcadian a moron. He's obviously put a lot of thought into the issue and as LOAF says, it's an interesting read. I was stating that some other moron will come along and get into the argument without having much in the way of facts to back them up.

They're obviously the same.. so many similarities! I mean, if you choose to fly that one mission, there's that one ship that looks kinda like something that could have evolved out of WC.. ;)

+Kinnear [/B][/QUOTE]

You mean the ship that looks just like the Talon from Privateer 1?

dude! it's always cool when LOAF sticks up for ya.

Nah no offense man (TyeDyeBoy), wouldn't have taken any anyways.

So if Privateer 2 takes place in the WC universe after prophecy can we assume that the we won because Nick Shields (think the names right) sold a starship with faulty breaks to the Nephillim? :)

Yes, Confed must have survived since their name is mentioned several times through the infos you read in those custom computer database on planets and stuff

ok let me get this straight then the tri-system is just some border system of confed 109 years or so in the future?

I haven't played P2, but I don't think we truly know where the Tri-system is other than it is indeed a part of the WCU.

Well they must not have survived long... At least not up to the time that Priv2 takes place... judging by how far common law has degraded I'd say at least 100 years... any less and they would be referring to confed a whole lot more... too much more and they probably wouldn't refer to it nearly as often.

maybe the tri-system is more like the border worlds but is just a really isolationist type system that want's nothing to do with confed and so the government tries to keep the two interacting to an absolute minimum.......where is loaf when you need him to explain all the intricate details

I was under the impression that the Tri-system is effectively cut off from Confed and Kilrathi territories - as in that the isolation is not voluntary.

Yeah that makes sense too. I really haven't played the game in a long time and when i did it just sorta turned me off i guess cause it wasn't really your typical wing commander game and it just felt different to me. If i remember correctly just about everyone in that movie had a british accent. Maybe confed got tired of all the brits, canadians, and australians and just decided to ship em off somewhere.....j/k except for the canadians they should still be shipped someplace far far away from us

awww come on americans and canadians always have a fun time trashing each other I am sure some canadians would have something good to say in return it's just having a little bit of fun

Back