Privateer 2 and the rest of the WC universe: My explanation

The humans(humanoids)in Priv2 are not related in any way with Confed.Anhur is the "cradle of humanity".Their culture developed spaceflight thousands of years earlier.So, I do not think that they migrated there.I do not think the aliens in question(involving Schick Nields)would be the Nephilim.It wouldn't seem right if the Nephilims's CIC was named Shaftus Destructivus.The story was pretty good,as well as funny,though.Interestingly enough,according to Patrick Bradshaw,Origin was planning on making a "crossover" game.I guess after Priv2 didn't do as well as they hoped, the plan fell through.It's a shame, as that would have been interesting.In the words of Bradshaw, "when you have to properties as strong as Wing Commander and Privateer, you definitely want to pull the best elements from each together."

Originally posted by mpanty
Because they produce the worst beer in the world... :)

I think you actualy meant the Irish. Mmmmm I could go for a Bass about now. :D

(Eeeeeeew! Molson is nasty)

Irish beer doesn't suck! Now German beer, there is the beer of kings! *cooling a keg of Warsteiner for the 7th, my birthday* GOD I love that beer!:)
Edit- I'm turning 22. Not as big of a deal as last year though...

[Edited by Manic on 08-02-2001 at 17:12]

Interestingly enough,according to Patrick Bradshaw,Origin was planning on making a "crossover" game.

Hmmm... haven't heard about that before. If that had been true, it would've been interesting.

HOW THE FRIGGIN HELL CAN YOU SAY IRISH BEER SUCKS?

True german beer is great too!

Frankly, I'm a scotch man myself!

and I still just want to see privateer 3 :(

Originally posted by Arcadian15
HOW THE FRIGGIN HELL CAN YOU SAY IRISH BEER SUCKS?

Whoops, that was a misread. I meant Irish produce the best beer. I work in a liquor store, I know these things. I am also a single malt scotch person, Arc. Go grab a bottle of Isle of Jura (around $40) for some nice nights. :D

single malt scotch . . .mmmmmmmm

got a bottle of scotch whiskey right here, old smugglers. (didn't have much money( celebrating end of classes today)

I'd like to see a crossover of p2 and WC. that's why I wrote my stories the way I did, and made it so that TRI-SYS was a colonization thing.

Since the game was done in england, and had that british feel, I always kind of imagined that the TRI-SYS settlers were british. And the fact that there was little mention of confed made me see it as kind of an Isle of Mists thing, cut off from the rest of the world, like in Arthurian legend.

[Edited by Arcadian15 on 08-03-2001 at 01:37]

Since we're on the topic of WC and Beer, I've heard a WC3 'drunk' mission mentioned before; is this a real mission, or is it an old joke, or what?

P2 teaches people how to truely live their life! ::raises glass:: Cheers!

The drunk mission is real. It happens if you ignore Rachel's warnings about sulking in the bottom of a beer glass :) if you give her guff she leaves and you keep drinking till yer dragged off to the cockpit. :)

Back