Priv - can anyone else help any further?

To configure P1 using the boot disk you need to be in the c:\privater directory. Type install.exe and Choose SB16. To set your port 220, IRQ 7, DMA=1. Do this for both the music and speech. Also, post your autoexec.bat and config.sys files again just to take one more look. I think your missing the "SET COMSPEC=C:\windows\COMMAND.COM" in your autoexec.bat.

Also, run the "mem /c > memp1.txt again so we can make sure you have enough memory.

autoexec.bat

@ECHO OFF
SET PATH=C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\COMMAND;C:\SBPCI;c:\SOUND;
SET PROMPT=$p$g
LH C:\CDROM\MSCDEX.EXE /D:CD1
LH C:\MOUSE\MOUSE.COM
REM--SOUNDCARDSTUFF--
SET BLASTER=A220 I7 D1 H7 P330 T6 J201
SET SNDSCAPE=C:\WINDOWS
SET SBPCI=C:\SBPCI\APINIT.COM
SET CTSYN=C:\WINDOWS
LH C:\cabs\WIN95-98\AUDIO\SB1373\COMMON\DOS\SBINIT.COM

I know this last line probably isn't correct, but that's where I found my SBINIT file and I was trying things.

config.sys

REM [Header]
REM == PISETUP Begin Delete ==
REM == PISETUP End Delete ==

REM [CD-ROM Drive]

REM [Miscellaneous]

REM [Display]
DOS=HIGH,UMB,NOAUTO
DEVICE=C:\WINDOWS\HIMEM.SYS
DEVICE=C:\WINDOWS\EMM386.EXE RAM 16384 /I=B000-B7FF
FILESHIGH=25
BUFFERSHIGH=25
DEVICEHIGH=C:\CDROM\MTMCDAI.SYS /D:CD1

I installed PRIV from the start, run, buttons. I did choose the correct install settings. I'm sorry, but I'm confused where you want me to do this ""mem /c > memp1.txt" ..... ie., from bootdisk, just in c:, etc??

i only have one phone line, have to shut down and reboot w/the disk drive. Any chance you would want to email me your phone#. I could call you on here using dialpad.com (it's free), maybe talk this through?? I'm harmless lolol, married w/2 small kids.

NOPE, I found it here:

C:\cabs\WIN95-98\AUDIO\SB1373\COMMON\DOS\SBINIT.COM

[Edited by Lori on 03-30-2001 at 23:40]

lori.waddell@worldnet.att.net

I'm not getting mem messages anymore, just the sound card messages

[Edited by Lori on 03-30-2001 at 23:49]

HIP HIP HOORAY....HAPPY DAYS

JOHN JOHN JOHN......IT WORKED!!!!!!! PRIVATEER RAN!!!! Voices sound okay, music is a little weird though lololol.

Mouse seemed to work okay, video was okay, I did notice something while A was booting about an error on line 13 of config.sys, which is:REM [Header]
REM == PISETUP Begin Delete ==
REM == PISETUP End Delete ==

REM [CD-ROM Drive]

REM [Miscellaneous]

REM [Display]
DOS=HIGH,UMB,NOAUTO
DEVICE=C:\WINDOWS\HIMEM.SYS
DEVICE=C:\WINDOWS\EMM386.EXE RAM 16384 /I=B000-B7FF
STACKS=18:256
FILESHIGH=25
BUFFERSHIGH=25
DEVICEHIGH=C:\CDROM\MTMCDAI.SYS /D:CD1
SHELL=C:\WINDOWS\COMMAND.COM C:\WINDOWS /P
Lastdrive=D

Line 13 - STACKS=18:256 (shouldn't that be a coma?)

and,,,,, don't seem to have a joystick :eek:(

We have a LOGITECH WINGMAN EXTREME

......are you online?

CAN YOU HELP ME OUT W/JOYSTICK??? SHOULD I CALL YOU AGAIN? WOW, WHAT A GOOD FIGHT....HOW DO I EVER REPAY YOU??

O'kay we can put this baby to bed. Lori, just need a joystick which supports dos. Her new Logitech Digital Extreme does not support dos.

Re: MPU-401

Originally posted by Mad Hatter
The truth is, it doesn't sound much better than the SB MIDI output. I have a GM compliant sound card (a Roland Sound Canvas, to be exact), and I couldn't get any decent music out of it.
Oh, well thank you for answering my question about that now. I asked that ages ago, and don't remember getting an answer. :)

BTW, congrats with Priv, Lori. Pity about the joystick, though I never use one - I always use the keyboard... just as on Tarsus. :)

Thanks. Dh and I used to play it all the time and really enjoyed it. In all honesty, he will probably play it more than I, with our son, but I do like it too. For being the old game it is, though, we've liked it more than any other.

:eek:

Back