Post your Unknown Enemy opinions

SCHWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!

Now THAT's the way WC1 would look today if someone were to redo it. The old ships have completely new life! Bengal class really has CLASS now!...

Excellent job, guys. The Intro & credits look pretty good too.

About the only downer thus far is the in-flight comm pilot. The head/helmet looks too vaguely defined. Maybe the lighting could be adjusted or something?....

Originally posted by Preacher
About the only downer thus far is the in-flight comm pilot. The head/helmet looks too vaguely defined. Maybe the lighting could be adjusted or something?....

Bah! who told you to say that... :( the only bit I did...still recon we shoulda gone with the green or blue hue

Originally posted by Royal_Marine
Bah! who told you to say that... :( the only bit I did...still recon we shoulda gone with the green or blue hue

Sorry. Maybe I just gotta play it & see 'em some more, get used to it, etc.

I'm just used to the WCP and WC3 comms. where you can make out the head/ helmet/face from its surroundings a little bit better.

Originally posted by Pedro
G'ah has my acting abilities as the Dauntless comm officer just taken a fatal insult?

I actually liked yours a lot. It reminded me of a less smarmy Lexington Comm Officer.

Originally posted by PopsiclePete
Took me four (4) attempts to win that mission... on rookie ! :p
I actually got it on my first try on rookie.
90% performance and I saved every Hermes :)

Wow, LeHah, I didn't realise you dislike your own voice that much :p. Though I must say, I also find the three lines I had in the game highly annoying.

Now, about the difficulty issues... yes, UE is definitely a lot tougher than WCP or SO. It was done that way on purpose - to a certain degree, this reflects the fact that there's only 20 fighters onboard the Dauntless (so the enemy doesn't have many targets to choose from). Mission 3 is probably the toughest mission in the game, but keep in mind that the difficulty of saving the Dauntless largely depends on how well you defended it in the previous mission. Capship damage carries over between missions.

Ghost, would an Epee be an Epee if it had armour on it? :p

long time no see

And I thought I was just losing my touch..
Indeed, the game is pretty tough, but I won't decrease the difficulty setting below veteran, just doesn't seem right.

Also, I must say, You've all done a superb job, Quarto, very professional, in all aspects, IMO.

Can't wait for Unknown Enemy 2...

Ue has openned my eyes to the possibilities of SO mods.... I can't WAIT for standoff!!!! That mod is going to RULE! from what Eder's told me it'll blow everyone away.

Great news! I wasnt around for 2 days and now I see these great news about UE!I just downloaded it and I have to go home to play it!

About Standoff, it really looks impressive. I thought it was abandoned but I contacted Eder and told me that ofcourse its not.
a new Era in Wc!!

LOL give em one mod and they instantly want the next ;)

But yeah, an entire game filled to the brim with Eders models and based upon one of the best Wing Commander books has gotta be good, be warned though that mod is still in the early stages, theres going to be a wait for it (like UE didn't get you used to waiting)

Im at work , Ive downloaded it and cant play it Pedro...Damn in about an hour Ill be home.

Anyway , Pedro are you going to help Eder with Quarto , Filler and the other guys with his mod??

JarJarThomas stoped working with eder , so it has difficult times now...

I just got into the simulators and the first mission (work kept me away till now) and I've only got one reaction: You guys rock :D Loved the graphics, music, ships, the works. I've also put the word out on the Aces list, so casual fans who don't visit the CIc will also know about it.

Best, Raptor

Thats great, thanks! :)
Anyone wants to contact big magazines that'd be cool :D

Anyway there should be time for me to help out Eder, even once UE2 is begun it takes time to complete mission outlines to begin work.

Beside Big Magazines ,we should contact Origin:mad:

They should see the job you`ve done and What they DIDN`T!:mad:

Originally posted by TCSTigersClaw
Anyway , Pedro are you going to help Eder with Quarto , Filler and the other guys with his mod??
I don't know what I could do for Eder... he already made his HUD and he's prolly better than me at graphics anyway...

::Imagines UE Team's official statement to Origin/EA at press conference::

"Nyah, nyah nyah, nyah nyah NYAH!!!"
(punctuated by crescendo of Bronx cheers, followed by "mass mooning" of horrified Origin exec's by Team...)

Schweet!
:D

Back