Poll -- take two

Who is the WCU project leader; And, who should have the final say on what goes in?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This is not a democratic institution. WCU is an open source volunteer project. As such, the contributors drive the project. If you don't like something in it then, since it is open source, change it!

If you don't feel the need to change it then you are not willing to make the contribution.

Ideally, everyone would work together and be happy, that's plan A. Clearly, we are looking at plan B.

Floater

Oh, that's a good leader attitude, it's just I don't think you've really been doing that as well as you say, what with inviting flame wars and opening a pile of leadership polls. It's pretty clear you're not comfortable being the leader...I dunno who should be, really...

Also no, before anyone gets any conspiracy ideas that I'm waiting for somebody to invite me to lead before I drop the modesty act, I'm not pulling that scheme. I'm just too busy, and will preemptively refuse any offers to do anything besides balance/original content consulting.

I was doing decently until I brought up the issue with Michelle :( that was my big goof up and for taht I apologize... I thought I was doing the right thing.

Well...maybe you and I could work something out together then. You do the work, I act as a management advisor of sorts, and LOAF is still content advisor.

Frankly, I like the status quo, er.. I'd prefer it not to be cast in stone who has final say. If that happens, there will be no fun left in this project. I'm certainly not going to be involved if people who are too bloody serious about it gain the upper hand. I'm always willing to compromise with people who are similarly willing to compromise. If someone starts saying to me "that's not CORRECT" or "do this", "do that", I feel like doing the opposite, just to show them. People like Spirit, who are flexible, accomodating and cheerful, I can't imagine refusing a request from. Such people don't NEED to have final say. Those who do, are the least qualified, as leaders.

if there were no "final say" than there were no WC games at all. Damn people how you are far from the real life and its laws :(

I'd suggest you two work out your problems and work together like a real team. I couldn't give a damn if LOAF or Spiritplumber leads, but working in unison could alleviate a lot of the tension.

well people i'm glad to announce that we finaly desided on that issue and have settled the problem. The project is now going to progress even faster and better ;) We all will work together. Jesus.

The poll has only been on for like 3 hours. Decided my ass. And if it goes the way it *seems* to be going, it will probably die.
(And it will *certainly* die as far as I'm concerned, as I will be gone.)
And it's not that I couldn't work with LOAF, as much as the fact that he's friendly with Brad Mick and some other bossy arrogants.

Cyberion said:
if there were no "final say" than there were no WC games at all. Damn people how you are far from the real life and its laws :(

Well, when you're getting paid, that's a different story; then you can put up with someone you disagree with having final say. In fact, it is quite possible to compromise even when NOT getting paid; but only with nice, friendly people. The majority of people here who "want" leadership are not exactly the kind that I feel inclined to please. In fact, just to give you an example, I started to paint cats for kilrathi bars, and I was corrected about what kilrathi look like. Now, if nice and friendly people with tact and diplomacy had given me the information I was lacking, I probably would have fixed them by now. Instead, as much as I feel my cats are wrong, I'm doing nothing about it, precisely because someone tried to boss me around and *tell me* what to do, so now I can't fix the cats without feeling that such people will get away thinking that they can boss me around. Is that the kind of people you want to give further means to piss off everybody by saying to them "I have final word, so that settles the issue"? Right, I'll tell him to fuck himself.

And it's not that I couldn't work with LOAF, as much as the fact that he's friendly with Brad Mick and some other bossy arrogants.

In all fairness, I'm pretty much friends with anybody who instant messages me. I share some views with BradMick -- I disagree with him about other things.

Bandit LOAF said:
In all fairness, I'm pretty much friends with anybody who instant messages me. I share some views with BradMick -- I disagree with him about other things.

In any case, LOAF, I respect you, and even like you; but if you become project leader, I'm gone. Even if you're only part-friendly with Brad, that's going to make it too painful for me to hang around here anymore. I'm happy with Spirit in charge, and if things change, it will be my way of protesting to be gone. When I was at the Remake forum, there was never any room for creative suggestions. I was told then that WCU was the place to go. But it seems to me WCU is being "coup d'etat'-ed by "fans" as you call yourselves. I've had enough already!

it seems that you also do nto understand the debate around here. i think this thread should be closed.
\

and yes, i'm refering to something that happened outside that thread. What happened in the private conversation where we could settle all the things.

Well... I'm certainly sorry to lose you. Were I running a project, I certainly would not put any friendship ahead of the needs of the game and the way the team is run.

Edit: I agree with Cyberion. At the moment, everything seems reasonably organized on IRC.

dan_w said:

They are just bossy and arrogant because some stupid dumbasses want to add antimatter guns and phase transit cannons to draymen. :mad:

And you even tried to make the kilrathi into alcoholized housecats, too drunk to wear clothes. :(

Cyberion said:
it seems that you also do nto understand the debate around here. i think this thread should be closed.
\

and yes, i'm refering to something that happened outside that thread. What happened in the private conversation where we could settle all the things.

Well, if you were talking about something outside this thread, then my question is WHY?
Why would you post about it on this thread, then accuse me of "not understanding"?
And now that you've had your say on something not only off topic, but in fact unknown to other posters, the thread should be closed?

Dyret said:
They are just bossy and arrogant because some stupid dumbasses want to add antimatter guns and phase transit cannons to draymen. :mad:

And you even tried to make the kilrathi into alcoholized housecats, too drunk to wear clothes. :(

I didn't "try", I did it. And all I needed was the *INFORMATION" about what kilrathis looked like, and I would have fixed them already. Given the way you just spoke to me, I never will. So, who's the fucking stupid dumbass, in the end?

Back