plot for next episode

Hey that's interesting. I've been wondering why I can't seem to avoid coming here all the time and putting in a coupla cents worth. It's cos, like everything else in the world, I'm a plasticated fake WC fan too! Yipee! I've finally been enlightened!

Fake Wing Commander fans?

Heh, that's good for a laugh.

------------------
If I'm locked on, there's no such thing as evasive action!

if LOAF's a fake WC fan...oh boy would i like to meet a REAL wc fan
biggrin.gif

------------------
twist·er (twstr): n. 1. One that twists, as in the manufacture of rope or yarn. 2. Sports. A ball thrown or batted with a twist. 3. Informal. A. A cyclone. B. A tornado. 4. Confed pilot, hero of the kilrathi war, renowned fleet admiral.

Last edited by a moderator:
He's also, as LOAF would put it, a jackhole.

------------------

No. Never.
tongue.gif

Seriously, what is it about?

------------------
Put that in your pipe and smoke it!

[This message has been edited by WildWeasel (edited October 25, 2000).]

Good thing you asked, it was a leading question.
smile.gif

Anyway, it`s a dictionary for things that there aren`t any words for yet.

Example?
Here`s one:
bindle (vb.)
To slip foreign coins into a customer`s change.

Well, you get my drift. (so to speak)
wink2.gif

Heh Johnn is probley stell trying to win WC1 for the first time!
smile.gif

------------------
I dont think we have been intraduced.Im Hawk your dead! -Hawk(ICEMAN)

Hey that's a good one. I've been bindled a few times, good thing my family likes collecting foreign coins.

And Hawk, there's no need for that either. We don't perpetuate arguments which have no backing.

Yeah, maybe if we ignore Johann, he'll go away.

I think we've all been bindled at least once, including me. Personally, I don't want Canadian coins in my change.
wink2.gif

------------------

hehe i'm sorry to say this people, but i bindle people all the time i work in a bar now and work whit coins a lot
smile.gif

------------------
twist·er (twstr): n. 1. One that twists, as in the manufacture of rope or yarn. 2. Sports. A ball thrown or batted with a twist. 3. Informal. A. A cyclone. B. A tornado. 4. Confed pilot, hero of the kilrathi war, renowned fleet admiral.

Pity about the NIS, Hatter, but I don't think it'd be worth the bother trying to get it changed.

It's strange how we get a lot of Kiwi (New Zealand) currency in Australia, and I suspect vice versa. They're exactly the same sizes and denominations, and generally accepted if you get bindled with it, but I don't think it's exactly legal tender.

I was almost bindled once, about 12 years ago when I was visiting my grand parents in Ohio. I was buying a Coke or something and when the clerk gave my change I actually found a 1 NIS (New Israeli Shekel) coin in my change instead of a dime. I showed the guy the coin and he actually thought it was a Chinese coin because of the writing on the back.
Stupid me: 1 NIS is worth about a quarter nowdays. Back then it was worth about 40 cents, and I didn`t take it.
smile.gif

Back when I was living in Macau, we were bindled on a daily basis, because there was just so much Hong Kong money going around. Of course, it was rather harmless - HK$ and the Macau Pataca have almost exactly equal value, and in Macau you can pay with either currency. Curiously enough, the same does not go for Hong Kong - you can't pay with Patacas there (and if the shopkeepers happen to have any, they'll bindle you, of course
wink2.gif
).

Catchy word, huh?
I can introduce you to some more if you want.

BTW, if you`re wondering about the origins of these make-up words, it`s rather interesting, really.
Douglas Adams took names of cities and towns from all around the world (there`s even a map that shows the locations of all the places he used names of, well sorta') including words such as Delaware (hideous stuff on the shelves of a rented house), etc.

Back