Pilgrim Truth

Maniac was rather hostile to Blair in WC3 -- because Blair had cost him the position as Victory's Wing Commander. They started out as friends and rivals, though... and they healed old wounds in WCIV and onward.

Oh, that's from the novels. Personalities in those are from the writer's ideas, which seem to be different from the personalities in the games. I've only ever read Jetlag's End Run PDF, so I wouldn't have a clue about them.

I didn't even know they gave squadron names. Besides, to me, Gold Squadron was a bunch of Y-Wings which were decimated during the Death Star Trench Run. :)

Blair and Maniac are only in the WC3 and WC4 novels (not counting the ones dealing with the movie) so thats really the only insight the books give on their relationship.

Yeah, Maniac says some really mean things to Blair including things about his relationship with Rachel, and saying "...I never knew what you saw in that French bitch." or something to that effect. He called Angel a bitch.

He was trying really hard to hurt Blair, cause it was right after he learned about her fate on Kilrah.

Hmmhh...well maybe I should just forget trying to get my sound to work and go ahead and play with subtitles. I need to get the whole story on Blair and Marshall. Oh, and sorry if I offended anyone about the movie thing. I personally enjoyed the movie. I just thought it took a lot of liberties with the overall Wing Commander plot.

Originally posted by Supdon3
He was trying really hard to hurt Blair, cause it was right after he learned about her fate on Kilrah.

Well, I've always thought of Maniac as being arrogant and insensitive, but that kind of deliberate cruelty seems out of character for him. I always got the impression that behind all the gibes and wisecracks, he respected Blair.

Best, Raptor

Maniac's just very good at hiding his emotions behind a lot of hot air - but his heart is in the right place :).

Yep, and you do see a lot more maturity from him in WC4, both in the game and novel. By Prophecy though, he seems to have reverted a little.

Best, Raptor

Yeah, he did a little bit, but then there weren't many Blair/Maniac scenes in the game. Maybe they got a long great?

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
Didn't Blair threaten to *kill* Maniac in WC3-the-game? :)

Im surprised you are asking US, but yeah, he told Maniac to be careful cause one day his "turret" might be pointed at Maniac and then boom. And Maniac responded, "Well, uh, I got a turret too you know." Blair just gives him a look and walks away.

What LOAF asked was a rhetorical question - ie., one for which he didn't require an answer because he already knew what it was :).

I'm surprised nobody picked up on my Blair quote, though. Don't you people play Prophecy any more? :)

Back