Perfect Plan Standalone Release

Here's a sound clip it was fairly easy to do. I took an existing Engine sound from an F15 fighter in full aft while in the cockpit. and a Few Bullet Hits I found from a game. And then my own voice saying "There's a Bogey on my tail get him offa me" - JasonRocZ :) Tell me what you think Kyran

http://www.geocities.com/gokuirocz/Helpmeout1JRoCZ.wav

Here's the wav except I request that you save it to your computer. Geocties has a very low bandwidth. So it might time out if too many people DL it.

Hey thanks. You didn't need to put the extra effects in there though, they're somewhat out of place in a space simulator. Anyway, you can have either Rocky or the Sanctuary Comm Officer (or both).

Yea it was mask my crappy voice :) ....I can get rid of the Engine sound :) But I like the getting shot at effects :)

Oh, hehe, I guess I'm being vague. What lines should I record? Do you have specific insults that you want?

Alright, here's a few to try.
  • Give it up! You can't hope to win!
  • Can't you go bother someone else?
  • I can't see anything.
  • Remember kids, shoot where everyone else is shooting.

Hey thanks. I've been rather busy so I haven't been able to try them out in-game yet.

Hey ZFGokuSSJ1, have you received the lines I sent you?

So how close are you with a new release with all the new voice overs?

I would like to make a release after the new next version of Flight Commander is out so I can take advantage of the new features. Failing that I'd release a month before 2008 is out. :D

I'm planning on having the whole sector generated by a script (wingmen, friendly capital ships, enemy ships) based on global variables (such as how many friendly and enemy ships are left) and then have another script for each individual missions objectives. Of course, I'm holding off diving into that until the new version is out with it's dynamic NAV point support.

I also hope on a few more simulator missions and fancy scripting examples.

You still need voice actors, or has that ship flown?

It's probably going to still be a while before the next release. I'm aiming to replace all the 3d models (so far I've been completely failing at getting my models to work in game), get custom cockpits for all flyable ships, gameflow encounters, and get all the characters voice acted.

Characters that are left to be done are Janni, an Alliance pilot... and the mission voice over.

Pick one, or send me a sample and I'll pick one for you. :D

Characters that are left to be done are Janni, an Alliance pilot... and the mission voice over.

Pick one, or send me a sample and I'll pick one for you. :D

I may have voice acted a female role in Grade 7 for my friend's project, but many years later and now I have a fairly deep voice. So my best bet is probably the Alliance Pilot (male, I hope?).

I'll try to send it fairly soon, but I'm having my wisdom teeth out tomorrow, so expect some delay.

What seems to be the problem?

Just the model I made crashes the game. I've made a box and that worked, so I'll just have to test all the models I make while I'm making them instead of when I've finished. :)

Yeah, Alliance pilot works fine.

Just the model I made crashes the game. I've made a box and that worked, so I'll just have to test all the models I make while I'm making them instead of when I've finished. :)

Yeah, Alliance pilot works fine.

OK, you might look at the existing .obj and .mtl files delivered with flight commander in a text editor and make sure yours has the same structure. Also make sure the images are either .jpg or .pngs. If none of that works, email them to me, and maybe I can tell you how to make the models happy. I'm kind of busy, so it might be a few weeks before I get back to you.

Back