Perfect Plan Standalone Release

Okay, I've just finished playing the latest version. Great work. The AI, though still not perfect, also seems to have improved since the last time I played.

The mission that gave me the most trouble was actually the first one. Lancer Hellcats = o_0

A quick suggestion - I know the game is nowhere near finished yet, but it might be a good idea to have a few more missions before the "pick a side" mission with Soopaha and Spite.

I loved the Alliance mission, by the way, especially the briefing.

By the way, the alliance briefing is breathtakingly professional and gorgeous. It's exactly what I was hoping for by adding all the new features to FC 1.5 briefings. One of these days, I'd like to get a video of it to post.

Wishful thinking. It actually hasn't changed yet, sorry.

Er... I guess it must have been the new ships that made me think this, then. They seemed to act differently, but it must have been specs-related. The AI is probably Flight Commander's weakest point (especially the ships that seem to want to stick to you like glue) but with a little improvement, FC could really become a super-awesome engine.

The AI is probably Flight Commander's weakest point (especially the ships that seem to want to stick to you like glue) but with a little improvement, FC could really become a super-awesome engine.

Agreed on the AI. It's quite challenging, there's lots of literature available on graphics, but precious little on 3d space combat dogfighting.
At the lowest level, I'm basing it on steering behaviors. If anyone is interseted I can post a few thoughts on my eventual AI plans.

I am interested. I think the most urgent thing to do would be to increase the minimum distance for the following/chasing part, so the enemies stop trying to fly into your ship. Good thing collisions in FC aren't dangerous. :D

EDIT : You might also want to fix a bug that sometimes causes the enemies to use decoys against DFs.

One of these days, I'd like to get a video of it to post.

I was intending to put a video out on Youtube or similar showing it off a month before the release, but I couldn't find a decent screen recorder. FRAPS seemed rather good but it was watermarked and only recorded for thirty seconds.

I remember I had around ten minutes the write the entire script for that character before we started recording.

For the next version I hope to have all the fighters re-skinned (the ones used in the campaign), the Masquerade, Sanctuary and Knothole's ship class replaced with something smaller and cheaper, a few new missions, and more voice acting.

So, if anybody wishes to do some voice acting for A Perfect Plan feel free to message me. Oh, and anyone know of a smallish carrier or eqilevent that would be available for commercial interests (post-wc4)?

I've got a nice mic already, I'll sign up for voice acting. But maybe just a pilot, I don't think I have time to devote to a main character.

I've got a nice mic already, I'll sign up for voice acting. But maybe just a pilot, I don't think I have time to devote to a main character.

I'd consider it too. I'm sure I could squeeze it in somewhere.

Here are the current parts which have lines. Naturally on top of these are the all the pilots which only ever say: yes, no, you're a traitor, and some kind of insult. :)

Male
  • Rocky - used in the first few missions, unlikely to be used in future ones.
  • Dash - used in mission six, and is planned for a few more.
  • Super Rayzor - largish role, used from mission six onwards including most briefings.

Female
  • Janni - rather big, currently featured in three missions but intended to be in a lot more.
  • Knothole Comm Officer
  • Pale Moon Rise - first mission only

Either
  • Masquerade Briefing Voice - used for four missions.
  • Jahrtausend Comm Officer
  • Network HQ Comm Officer
  • Transport Comm Officer - intended for two missions only.

I'll do Super Rayzor, or Dash. Those interest me the most.

I'll do Jahrtausend Comm Officer or Network HQ Comm Officer in a pinch.

Alright nice. Everyone interested record something similar to the lines below and send them to erstmap@gmail.com, and I'll fix you up with a part which I think fits. Of course they are just a guideline, you could come up with something original.

• Yes.
  • No.
  • I'm ejecting.
  • Arg. (death)
  • Status is bad.
  • Status is good.
  • Enemy is incoming.
  • Status is medium.
  • You're a traitor.
  • You're shooting me.
  • I insult you.

RTHMEO No.wav sounds exactly how I want the Jahrtausend (German for Millennium) Comm Officer to sound. :D I also got a few more emails from people who don't post on this forum. :D

Okay, some progress has been made. I've put in most of lines I've been sent, and sent a few more out. ZFGokuSSJ1, I've PMed you your lines, and I PMed QuailPilot some of Jahrtausend's lines a while ago. If any of you other people want in send away. :D

Oh, and I've also got a credit page going in the gameflow.

Back