origin Space Rogue

Back from the trip to the land of unused stuff - well, Space Rogue rides again. I totally forgot the minigames you can play in bars; the scope for a game that age is really huge.

Freelancer? Well, it seems as if it really took some of the ideas of good old Space Rogue, but in scope and depth it cleary is a step backwards; maybe to acommodate the masses of point-click-fire-players, or to make it easier for kids to grasp the complexity. I'm in two minds about Freelancer - pretty graphics and nice story arc development, but the rather simple "chase the target ITTS icon with your mouse pointer" fight style is a letdown. Don't those ships have any mass?
Although I'm also a joystick man, I've got nothing against mouse flight - but the WC mouse controls somehow felt more believable.

Then again, this is one of those cases where we don't see the player's hand... so how do we know what he's actually using to fly?

Very true, we don't see what the pilot is using in Privateer... doesn't mean he was using a mouse, however. In fact, there's no evidence such a control device exists in the WC universe.

I'm kidding, but there's an argument here. We have evidence it exists because WC uses it. There's even the in game mouse "ball", right there on the HUD, which is in game.

Lt.Death100 said:
The tarsus could easily have a joystick up close to the pilot.

Probably not. You can just look at the identical station to the left and there's still the keyboard and no joystick.

tarsusleft.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
sure you can play all WC games with a keyboard... but for most people the joystick is the best interface. There is a reason why they use flightsticks in combat aircraft. Of course, a few people PREFER using mice, keyboard, gamepads, firematches, dogs, whatever, but there are plenty crazy persons in the world!

Edfilho said:
sure you can play all WC games with a keyboard... but for most people the joystick is the best interface. There is a reason why they use flightsticks in combat aircraft. Of course, a few people PREFER using mice, keyboard, gamepads, firematches, dogs, whatever, but there are plenty crazy persons in the world!

But the Tarsus isn't a combat craft

the heck its not.. you just have to use it for head on fights.. its got such a small front that most shots go around it.

I beat privateer in the tarsus and got my ass kicked in the centurion ;P

Back