Origin not coming back, nobody going to make a new game: SO WHY DONT WE!

What do you think of this idea?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kazan

Swabbie
Banned
Ok I am officially sick and tired of hoping for WC to be ressurected. I see a good mods, I still all the artists, missions designers, etc we could ever need to make a good game working on mods for FreeLAncer, FreeSpace 2 and the like.

Why don't we programmers join in, why don't we get off our collective butts and write some code.

In other words: Let's write our own Game Engine, let's start where Origin left us after Prophecy. We have the Talent, we can ressurect it ourselves!
However - let's be realistic and try and create a military one first - it's going to be easier to code. Once we have done that we can attack the privateer like games (and create our own new one)

(theorectically we can use the engine to recreate the origional games too)

as for story line: we try and stay with the spirit of the universe. Perhaps another skirmish with the nephillim... who knows what we could do

I'll do voiceovers and help write fiction.

At the same time, however, if we DO make an all original WC game . . . would we try to get it released by origin? Would we try to buy WC from origin? If so, would that make us a software company of our own?

Ooooo!!! Ooooo!!! Ooooo!!! I wanna join too! I want to join in the fight to "break new ground" and screw the WC universe over by introducing new, enthusiastic, and idealistic concepts that will be utterly irreconciliable when Origin releases their new WC game! I want to add new factions, uber fighters, Border World supercarriers, space submarines, human-Nephilum inbreeding, all in my intellectual effort to "expand" the Wing Commander genre and introduce a "diverse" universe that I say is justified in the WC universe cause I am "breaking new ground!" :rolleyes:

Well, if you are interested send me an aplication.
with this ''RE: Leader Exec. Prod.- i wanna join your team''.
Send some of your artwork and some other things, if i find you useful, you are in, lad!!

Sweeeeeeeet! (acts like overly enthusiastic WC newbie who thinks he is exactly what is needed to change the WC universe).

You know, I have a fan art for the next enemy in this fan-WC game. You see, the bugs in WCP were just brainwashed slaves to this race, which is the pinnacle of all evil!!!!!!

evil.JPG

How about this for a game outline?

It would span from before the movie to during the war with the Nephilim, and would have two main parts. Flying, obviously, and also ground combat missions where you get to play commando. Your missions here would be to board and take over ships, liberate Kilrathi slaves, sabotage Mandarin efforts against Confed, shoot and loot on the Kilrathi's planet where they take humans and hunt them down with their bare claws, even take on a secret mission on the request of someone in Confed. Maybe have two characters you could play as, who have diffirent storylines and missions. The cinima scenes and the choices you make would change the story and what missions you fly. Say you are on side with Angel, you fly with her on an important mission. Mess up with her and you are cannon fodder. Which would make your choices in these scenes doubly important. What do you think?

Uhh, I would like to take this time to say that, if I participate in any WC project, it'd better damn sure be a quality work, and not some stupid piece of crap. Maybe we should contact Chris Roberts for a general outline of what he'd want to happen? . . . of course, I don't have any contact info on him.

overmortal said:
Uhh, I would like to take this time to say that, if I participate in any WC project, it'd better damn sure be a quality work, and not some stupid piece of crap.

Damn, I was going to refer your project to the WC Aces, but I think your preference just invalidated them out :(

And you are already screwed from start if Sylvester signs on. :(

This thread gave me an idea. In the interest of inspiring this newborn team of hardworking visionaries, saviors of the soon-to-be-ressurected WC universe, here's the lyrics to a great song by the Vandals:

An Idea For a Movie

I got an idea for a movie, and it goes like this
Check it out, It's about a boy who gets his finger caught
In a bottle of Mr. Pibb

And they go on adventures
I think it could be big
Is it too soon to whisper Oscar?

Put a happy ending there and it'll write itself, I swear
All we need are some meetings and a lead

I got an idea for a movie, It's about this guy
Who wished and wished 'til it came true,
And now this kid can fly

I got an idea for a movie, and here's my pitch
I get a job and quit my band,
And you stop being a bitch

And we will have adventures,
Like the boy and his bottle did
Is it too soon to whisper Oscar?

Put a happy ending there and it'll write itself, I swear
All we need are some meetings and a lead

With a happy ending there this thing will write itself, I swear
All we need is some trick photography

I forgot one thing about the guy
Who gained the ability to fly
It was actually only for a foot or two
And only an inch or so high

Dude Eder,

Overmortal has his own band, I'm sure he can help sing your song to inspire these WC patriots.

Dear Kazan, below is a simple three-step procedure for righting your mental processes:
  1. Apply tazer to nuts.
  2. Engage tazer.
  3. Repeat as necessary until unconscious.
I hope you'll find these instructions helpful. If you have any questions, feel free to contact me.

Cpl Hades said:
It'll have Space Subs, right? It had damn well better have Space Subs.

Sure thing sir. While we're making up wish lists, how about having one of the main villians a Mandarin who's like Vinnie Cognitti in Max Payne. He always cracked me up.

"Are ya freakin' kiddin' me?!! He's just one lousy commando! Ya better be freakin' kiddin' me! Blast 'em! What's the freakin' problem? Hello? Answer me! Hello?"

Or maybe a scene where you play "Bangkok rules." :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back