Origin not coming back, nobody going to make a new game: SO WHY DONT WE!

What do you think of this idea?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Phillip Tanaka said:
Sure thing sir.

You are not familiar with the entire "space sub" incident that happened years and years ago.

The "space sub" incident is what happened when young idealistic enthusiastic WC-fan teenagers wanted to "expand" the WC universe. The result backfired, resulting in a ridiculous concept that will haunt them for the rest of their lives and will live in legend as one of the stupidest WC "fan" designs ever made.

Sylvester and all other newbies, beware, this could happen to you :(

Sylvester said:
I can write fiction and do concept art and designs.

Oh, and Psych, go to hell :)

I see someone got their panties and training bra in a bind. You still on PMS for the less then friendly welcoming you got in the Aces board?

Sylvester said:
Nothing happened with the aces board. What are you talking about?

I'm talking about you signing up to the Aces club. I happen to be one of the veterans over there and I noticed when you signed up, you omitted your birthyear, afraid to let everyone know that you are only 13 (because you got into real hot water over here cause of it). And I know that you submitted one of your shitty-ass designs to the Tech Board, one of my mates who is one of the head tech guys is rather ticked off at you for it.

And Frosty, you should see da crap they been debating lately. Two idiots over there want to fuck the WC universe even more, to "break new ground".

Here are my points:

1. The Aces still exist
  2. Psych, <insert generic warning about being Psych here>
  3. Frosty, don't tell people to taser their genitals.

psych said:
You are not familiar with the entire "space sub" incident that happened years and years ago.

The "space sub" incident is what happened when young idealistic enthusiastic WC-fan teenagers wanted to "expand" the WC universe. The result backfired, resulting in a ridiculous concept that will haunt them for the rest of their lives and will live in legend as one of the stupidest WC "fan" designs ever made.

If the Kat wanted it, then I figured it wouldn't be that bad.

Um, just how bad was it? Or don't I wanna know?

Hey Ghost, would you accept me on that basis of this disturbingly happy yellow guy who will be this game's evil race. They are soooo evil that if you try to hold a staring contest with them, your brain overloads from sheer happiness and your head explodes :(

evil.JPG

TC, roger that on your points. I'm backing off now.

Too late, someone stole your idea :eek:

http://www.lancersreactor.com/t/forum/topic.asp?topic_id=22852&forum_id=18&Topic_Title=Project+Privateer&forum_title=Freelancer+General+Editing+Forum&cat_title=Freelancer+Editing&M=False

This message is to test the waters for one of two new mods for Freelancer. Project Privateer is intended to create a remake of Orgin's Wing Commander: Privateer using the freelancer engine. This project is being directed under the auspices of Darkside Industries. Darkside Industries is a new company formed by various software techs from a variety of companies. In an effort to gain both fundiing ans industry recognition DSI has secured permission to create a number of OFFICIAL expansions and MODs for freelancer. What this means to you editors out there is that if there is enough interest and involvement the Microsoft will PURCHASE the MOD to use as an official release with all of your names attached. Please post with ideas for the project or your willingness to help

psych said:
Hey Ghost, would you accept me on that basis of this disturbingly happy yellow guy who will be this game's evil race. They are soooo evil that if you try to hold a staring contest with them, your brain overloads from sheer happiness and your head explodes :(

evil.JPG

TC, roger that on your points. I'm backing off now.

Do you have a propper ship-fighter for those aliens?

Welcome to our finest MOD!!!
You will be ''lead designer in chief'' and ''vice-exec. producer''!
Wellcome again to this tub!

Wait....this wouldnt be a propper post without:

:) :) :)

I need more people to join us!!

There are already talented people off their butts making new stories and content as you describe. The Vega Strike engine has been in the works for years. None of your idea is new, your best bet is probably to do a little research about the WC editing community and find out where you can help out.

I don't think I'll be caught dead singing that song . . . then again, some of the songs I wrote back during the days of my band . . . yikes . . . that's why I do instrumental stuff now. Who needs words anyway?

Psych, since you have a pretty unforgiving eye for fan-made fictions, what did you think of the Privateer stories I mentioned when I first came here? Uhh . . bear in mind that I wrote the first three of mine in middleschool/early highschool, when I didn't understand good dialogue/plot realism/common sense from a hole in the ground. Only the last story of mine is anything resembling recent.

ChrisReid said:
There are already talented people off their butts making new stories and content as you describe. The Vega Strike engine has been in the works for years. None of your idea is new, your best bet is probably to do a little research about the WC editing community and find out where you can help out.

How about a game that is full of these little scenarios and 'what if' missions? I don't think there's ever been anything in Wing Commander where you do things such as chase through the Concordia after a sabatour, put your detective skills to the test to find out who is a traitor, or are dropped into a random fighter with no idea to what's going on except that Angel is yelling at you to get out of dodge, with an invincible Fralthi on your tail. I think these would be cool. How about taking a test to see if you would cut it in the Black Lance? Design the next model of fighter for Confed. Or play the part of a weapons inspector to disarm the Kilrathi after the war. Does any of that appeal at all?

psych said:

Again, let me repeat the gist of the community reaction:

Why the hell do you need a sub in space?

:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back