Ooops, or Maniac is a yutz.

Preacher said:
I have Echelon, though I've yet to install it/play it. AFAIK, it's a Win95 game; what's this bidness of "slowing down a 386" enuff to get it (Echelon, presumably) to play right?...
U sure you ain't thinking of some other game?...
He is, and he isn't - there are two games called Echelon. One was released a year or two ago, while the other was released a decade or so ago.

I was a little upset when the cockpit views were canned, the cockpit views added a more realistic perspective from the pilots point of view. the non cockpit screens were nice.. but I felt as is the pilot were remotely piloting via a camera away from combat. who ever had the idea to have the pilots hand in the cockpit view operating the control stick syncronised to the ships movements in WC & WC2 was brilliant in my book.

Quarto said:
He is, and he isn't - there are two games called Echelon. One was released a year or two ago, while the other was released a decade or so ago.
Ah. Thx.

I was thinking of the one I own, and it was released about 3-4 years ago, I believe it was by Bethesda Softworks. So, he must be talking about the older one, eh?...

mmm... cockpit views are nice, but only when most of the info is actually useful... I despised most of the cockpits in XWing, and was overjoyed when I got TIEFighter (full FoV, YAY!). Wing Commander had some funky ones, too, although those are thankfully mostly gone.

Re: padlock modes, theyre great as long as you have a decent HUD. If anyone has Flanker or Flanker 2 you'll know what im talking about... the offaxis missile aiming mode specifically, which gave you just enough info to keep your plane flying right (and the added bonus that you usually didnt have to worry about losing orientation because it was a quick quick kill...)

Re: Echelon... the name sounds familiar, if anyone has links to information on the old game it would be appreciated. The new one looks cool in a Crimson Skies sort of way...

Back