Official Music Petition!

Allright, Quarto -- heck, what say you, I and whoever else get together and try to do a petition the right way? Previous successes and failures are mute, since WCESCRP wasn't noticed by the right people...

LeHah: You're doing the best you can -- I'm not sure I like the idea of sending them the petition every day, that sounds sort of offensive... and since they don't stand to benefit in such a situation, you have to be very nice about it...

Sounds like EA is at least willing to deal something besides "just say no". So, whos gonna anti up the liscense fees, and wonder how much they want.

RFB

peronally I would be over the moon to see wing commander music releases
i prefered the wc1/2 music but 3 and 4 will do the last scene from wc4 the trial scene was amazing. that was touching

Yes. And some of us have. But, they were never done with REAL Orchestras. It is all synthetic. It would sound much better if they would perform it with a real orchestra.

As Mr. G. stated, it takes quite a bit to orchestrate the entire WC music scores. Writting all the parts down, each instrument, for each music piece, then getting it all together, finding the orchestra, practicing, do a few takes, retakes, and more retakes, fitting a huge 100 piece orchestra into a home studio isnt easy, so the cost of a large studio or mobile recording facility costs must be factored in. Might be too much to deal with, but we can only hope something is done.

RFB

An orchestrator writes for chairs, not for individual instruments. He'll write for the strings, brass, etc, not for violin chairs 1-20 seperately since they all play the same note.

As for the money for this project, I'm asking for Oldziey's nominal fee to at least orchestrate the music to sheet music for us. We'll take this step by step...I'm also asking about doing a "Pay as you go" orchestration: One track at a time, as we can afford it.

I'll keep you all posted! Keep bringing in those signitures all!

-J

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
Allright, Quarto -- heck, what say you, I and whoever else get together and try to do a petition the right way? Previous successes and failures are mute, since WCESCRP wasn't noticed by the right people...
You know, that is a very good point. I'd certainly be willing to join you in this. The one problem I can see, though, is persuading people to sign - in that aspect, the previous failure ain't mute :(. But I guess if we explained why WCESCRP failed to get through... do you think we could then get a reasonable number of signatures?

Yes, I think we can -- lets wait on it until this music petition gets some response, so as not to confuse people with a million petitions.

Ok, guys, I think we should do this: Close this string and let people concentrate on signing for the WC1/2 CD, since that seems more within reach. I'll continue to trade email with Oldziey and forward any and all info to LOAF, for him to post or give feedback on.

I'll continue to venture for an orchestra CD, but we should allow fans the convience of not confusing them with multiple projects. One at a time fellas.

And I don't plan to drop this Orchestrated CD anytime in the far future nor is there any type of remote set back yet. I may have to pay George to write the sheet music, but...hey...thems the breaks...

-J

I'll e-mail Oldziey and Fatman to give them our stats (how many people the CIC reaches and so forth) and explain how we're planning to promote this promotion and such. I'll cc you...

Right on, LOAF. And I must say, the speed at which the first 100+ signatures appeared for the music petition is a pleasant surprise :).
And LeHah, I for one would be more than willing to send you a (reasonably small) donation, once you find out what sort of costs you'd be looking at. Of course, you'd need a lot of people to do that, in order to cover the entire cost.

Ok, Quarto, but I'd like to put this into perpesctive before I start taking money. I emailed my friend Mike, who did all the music for the PSX Medal of Honor games and this is what he said about doing orchestras:

"Well, it can cost up to about $65 per musician per hour, and we usually record for about 9 to 12 hours with a 70 piece orchestra. Engineer and Recording costs can reach about $8,0000 to $10,000.00. Then there's the studio which is about $3,000. You could easily spend $90,000.00 + to do a big score like the MOH music. (and that doesn't include orchestration, or the music copyist which varies but could add another $10,000 to $20,000 depending on how much music there is."

:(

::Makes noises of fear::

Tres scary. And when I was reading the part about you and LOAF arguing about the WCESCRP, I was going to say, "Why not try again, this time doing it the 'right' way, and sending it to the 'right' people." But of course, as LOAF said, one petition at a time.

Back