Number of Kills

One of my favorite things in WC is taking out capships...it was too bad academy didn't allow you to use more capships in creating missions...

Yeah, I agree.
That's why I can't wait for WCSaga, it seems like we'll be seeing a lot of fleet action looking at those screens.

overmortal said:
Wow . . . shooting down your own CAP to get a better killscore. And, in WC1, they don't shoot you down for it. Wow! Brilliant!

Traitors DO actually win at times.

Bandit LOAF said:
The 'plot' Kamekh is Taryn Cross Mission C (survey Gamma System). It's second wave of plot generated Kilrathi at Nav Point 4.
Waah! I swear I don't remember that. :( But then again, with all those Kitty kills, maybe they just blurred together. It has been quite some time since I played Privateeer...

I seem to recall that the trick to that mission was to clear the Kilrathi nav points by afterburning in the asteroid fields until they explode. If you'd picked up on that, it's possible you would never have noticed the Kamekh.

Kamekhs are quite easy to blow up if you just hang on to their tails.

Bandit LOAF said:
I seem to recall that the trick to that mission was to clear the Kilrathi nav points by afterburning in the asteroid fields until they explode. If you'd picked up on that, it's possible you would never have noticed the Kamekh.
I never worked out the asteroid/afterburn trick in Privateer, so I cleared the Kilrathi out the hard (good) way: by blowing them up. :) So I'm quite sure I would have met the Kamekh if it's truly scripted. But somehow, I only remember them in the Kilrathi systems. I must be getting old...

If my memory is right, didn't Tolwyn once waste a Phase Transit blast on a Kamekh? Seems like overkill.

I played WC-1 through tonight (just the main game, not Secret Missions 1 or 2); I managed the "winning" path the entire way (slowing down the frame rate on the Save the Ralari mission helps loads and loads) and wound up killing everything except one Gratha on the aforementioned mission. The breakdown was:

166 total kills

31 salthi
40 Dralthi
39 Krant
23 Gratha
20 Jalthi
6 Dorkier
4 Ralari
2 Fralthi
1 Starpost

McGruff said:
If my memory is right, didn't Tolwyn once waste a Phase Transit blast on a Kamekh? Seems like overkill.
Last cutscene of WC2SO2. And Angel called it a Kamekh, but it was clearly a Fralthra!

McGruff said:

It was actually a Fralthra. The dialogue says Kamekh, but the ship in the cutscene is a Fralthra.

Wedge009 said:
Last cutscene of WC2SO2. And Angel called it a Kamekh, but it was clearly a Fralthra!

No, you messed it up. She called it a Fralthra and it sorta looks like a Kamekh but its a Fralthra

Maybe Angel had a lapse of ship recognition for a moment. It happens.

"I got a Drakhri!"
"It was a Sartha"

Well maybe i can play Wing Commander 1 for the 100th time and see how many kills i can get. I think at the end of 1 I had 150 kills, I can't remember exactly.

Back